Jun 27, 2007
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Reactions: lissyx

sendhiloo7

Sep 28, 2008
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
any way to make onscreen navigation keys or re map the hardware in keys..

I am really interest to play this boy in my gnex.. I already synced from source.

Please help on this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours
He means that the Galaxy Nexus does not have any hardware key therefore he cannot use the ROM if the keys cannot be emulated through software keys

I'm sorry but I still don't figure what this really means. There is only a Home button to be needed, because it's the only one mandatory in specs for devices (see Geeksphones Developper Phones, ...).

But I don't understand the part « if the keys cannot be emulated through softwares keys ». Which keys ? What emulation are you talking about ?

Btw, if you receive MMS, the current code is somehow still broken and you can use a little workaround to get a working SMS app:

Code:
diff --git a/dom/mobilemessage/src/ril/MobileMessageDatabaseService.js b/dom/mobilemessage/src/ril/MobileMessageDatabaseService.js
index 4818e69..7b14395 100644
--- a/dom/mobilemessage/src/ril/MobileMessageDatabaseService.js
+++ b/dom/mobilemessage/src/ril/MobileMessageDatabaseService.js
@@ -611,6 +611,23 @@ MobileMessageDatabaseService.prototype = {
           });
         }
       }
+
+      aMessageRecord.receiver = aMessageRecord.receivers[0];
+      aMessageRecord.messageClass = "normal";
+      aMessageRecord.delivery = "received";
+      aMessageRecord.body = "MMS payload: " + JSON.stringify(aMessageRecord.headers["x-mms-content-location"]);
+
+      return gMobileMessageService.createSmsMessage(aMessageRecord.id,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.threadId,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.delivery,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.deliveryStatus,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.sender,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.receiver,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.body,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.messageClass,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.timestamp,
+                                                    aMessageRecord.read);
+      /*
       return gMobileMessageService.createMmsMessage(aMessageRecord.id,
                                                     aMessageRecord.threadId,
                                                     aMessageRecord.delivery,
@@ -622,6 +639,7 @@ MobileMessageDatabaseService.prototype = {
                                                     subject,
                                                     smil,
                                                     attachments);
+      */
     }
   },

doublec

Mar 7, 2007
I'm sorry but I still don't figure what this really means. There is only a Home button to be needed, because it's the only one mandatory in specs for devices (see Geeksphones Developper Phones, ...).
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have any hardware buttons - they are emulated in software. Because of this there is no 'Home' key that is registered by Firefox OS making the Nexus a hard device to use with Firefox OS. I don't know if the 'Nexus' build has a workaround for this.

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have any hardware buttons - they are emulated in software. Because of this there is no 'Home' key that is registered by Firefox OS making the Nexus a hard device to use with Firefox OS. I don't know if the 'Nexus' build has a workaround for this.

Please forgive my dumbness, but how are those buttons differents form the Nexus S one ? Looking at pictures of Galaxy Nexus, I do see a couple of buttons: back, home, etc. Would the difference be that the Galaxy Nexus buttons are just a part of the touchscreen ?

sendhiloo7

Sep 28, 2008
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Please forgive my dumbness, but how are those buttons differents form the Nexus S one ? Looking at pictures of Galaxy Nexus, I do see a couple of buttons: back, home, etc. Would the difference be that the Galaxy Nexus buttons are just a part of the touchscreen ?

Galaxy Nexus have only three hardware keys power key, volume up & down..

we don't have home or back or menu keys..

so we have virtual keys ( navigation bar) at bottom..

B2G somewhere I managed, I just remapped volume up as a home and volume down as a back key..

only one problem is HIDPI still not working, I have changed userconfig as mentioned above :mad:

Last edited:

baklawa

Jun 27, 2007
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3

B2G somewhere I managed, I just remapped volume up as a home and volume down as a back key..

only one problem is HIDPI still not working, I have changed userconfig as mentioned above :mad:

Try to edit ./repo/manifest.xml and update the reference for gaia like this

<project path="gaia" name="gaia.git" remote="mozillaorg" revision="master" />

then do a ./repo sync and ./build.sh

Reactions: sendhiloo7

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours

Several students have Galaxy Nexus, so I now understand better the issue since I've been able to look at one :). But I fear I can't help you for now. I know a couple of other b2g developers are also interested in this issue, so hopefully a solution could emerge soon.

doublec

Mar 7, 2007
Yes, that's the difference. Even the images on them are drawn in software and can change depending on what the program wants.

Reactions: lissyx

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771551 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763846 can be of interest for you. I think your best shot is to hack around and propose some patch for this :)

Reactions: sendhiloo7

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours
Hello,

Please find a new image at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1U1Qmjcn5OOdFRWMFo0eUVDRGs/edit?usp=sharing, it freshly baked from today. As far as I've tested, everything still works (quite) well (phone, sms, geolocation, pictures, videos recording and playback, email, calendar, bluetooth, 3G, wifi and usb sharing, UMS). Gecko is still b2g-18 branch, so no big change there. Gaia is up to date master, and it's getting better and better.

Also, it might be one of my last images since one week ago I cracked the screen of my Nexus S, and I've now received the Geeksphone devices (not to mention my personnal life :)) which won't allow me a lot of tme for this kind of hacking). I'm waiting for the AMOLED replacement order I placed last monday, but I might end up with an unusable device at the end :).

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
Hello,

Please find a new image at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1U1Qmjcn5OOdFRWMFo0eUVDRGs/edit?usp=sharing, it freshly baked from today. As far as I've tested, everything still works (quite) well (phone, sms, geolocation, pictures, videos recording and playback, email, calendar, bluetooth, 3G, wifi and usb sharing, UMS). Gecko is still b2g-18 branch, so no big change there. Gaia is up to date master, and it's getting better and better.

Also, it might be one of my last images since one week ago I cracked the screen of my Nexus S, and I've now received the Geeksphone devices (not to mention my personnal life :)) which won't allow me a lot of tme for this kind of hacking). I'm waiting for the AMOLED replacement order I placed last monday, but I might end up with an unusable device at the end :).

:good:Thanks a lot.
Works beautifully, although noticed battery drain is massive.

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours
Here is a new image https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1U1Qmjcn5OOMXFHWU9wYUtSeWs/edit?usp=sharing built with just now's gecko b2g18 and gaia master. This fixes the SIM card bug that I've been told about. Everything else should work fine. It even includes some not yet merged patches to handle MMS reception :). And my Nexus S is now back in full life, the replacement screen works fine and it was quite easy to perform the change :).

Some people reports battery drainage, it would be interesting to know if it happens with or without SIM in place and/or WiFi enabled.

x1123

Mar 27, 2011
Pekalongan
semayi.blogspot.com
Here is a new image https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1U1Qmjcn5OOMXFHWU9wYUtSeWs/edit?usp=sharing built with just now's gecko b2g18 and gaia master. This fixes the SIM card bug that I've been told about. Everything else should work fine. It even includes some not yet merged patches to handle MMS reception :). And my Nexus S is now back in full life, the replacement screen works fine and it was quite easy to perform the change :).

Some people reports battery drainage, it would be interesting to know if it happens with or without SIM in place and/or WiFi enabled.

I can confirm wifi disabled, data disabled, with gsm sim inserted battery drain is occured.

Top Liked Posts