Nokia DT-900 wireless QI charger review and high res photos

Search This thread

grndc2gsr

Jun 18, 2013
Amazon.com: Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate - Retail Packaging - Black

I can't comment on the rate of charging yet since I just got this in. My 1st impressions are good. It is super easy to set up, just plug it in and go. The charger does not care what angle you have you phone at. I have tested it in several different angles and it always charges. I also did not have a problem charging with a case on either. I test it with a Spigen Slim Armor and Ringke Fusion case and both case had no effect on charging. On the front of the charger there is a small light to let you know the phone is charging. The phone does not slide off the charger, the charging plate is made of a hard plastic. I don't think I will be going back to wired charging, I will need to pick up a few more of these.

Package and contents.

Size comparison.

Charging

Charging, it does not matter what angle you place the phone on it.

Charging with a Spigen Slim Armor case, no problem

Charging no problem with a Ringke Fusion case.

Lookatthemonkeys

Sep 9, 2012
Tampa
Thanks for the pictures! Let us know about charging times. It's too bad the charger does not use micro USB, that might prevent me from getting it as apposed to an Anker Qi charger.

OregonLawyer

Nov 4, 2013

I can't comment on the rate of charging yet since I just got this in. My 1st impressions are good. It is super easy to set up, just plug it in and go. The charger does not care what angle you have you phone at. I have tested it in several different angles and it always charges. I also did not have a problem charging with a case on either. I test it with a Spigen Slim Armor and Ringke Fusion case and both case had no effect on charging. On the front of the charger there is a small light to let you know the phone is charging. The phone does not slide off the charger, the charging plate is made of a hard plastic. I don't think I will be going back to wired charging, I will need to pick up a few more of these.

Thanks for the review - I'm looking forward to mine coming in the mail.

Too bad you missed out / didn't order from Att.

I ordered 3 yesterday for $55 shipped (No sales tax here in Oregon).

Travillion

Sep 18, 2013
How does this work charging overnight? I'm particularly concerned about the screen turning on when it does its periodic spurts after reaching 100%. Does the screen end up staying on all night?

fireproofrev

Sep 15, 2011
I know this is offtopic but can you maybe upload some pictures of the ringke fusion case on the phone. I have ordered it but some useres here say the quality is VERY bad. I just saw photos without phone inside.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
How does this work charging overnight? I'm particularly concerned about the screen turning on when it does its periodic spurts after reaching 100%. Does the screen end up staying on all night?

I've got one of these chargers and the screen doesn't turn by itself whilst using it due to either connection or disconnection.

i.e. You can pick the phone up from the charger and put it down and the screen stays off.

Reactions: Travillion

Travillion

Sep 18, 2013
Excellent, thanks! This will be my first foray into wireless charging.

I've got one of these chargers and the screen doesn't turn by itself whilst using it due to either connection or disconnection.

i.e. You can pick the phone up from the charger and put it down and the screen stays off.

Watcher07

Jun 28, 2010
Casa Grande, AZ
Just sharing one way to turn it from a flat charging pad to a nice landscape elevated dock for those of us that like to have the phone visible in bed with the clock at night. Took a couple of empty allergy pill bottles, removed the lids, taped them together with some packing tape and used some of that rubber matting people use for their kitchen drawer liners cut to wrap up the front, over the top, down the back and around underneath to the front with a nice lip for the charger and phone so they won't slip. Put a couple pieces of tape from the bottom of the bottles to hold the rubber matting in place on the lower side and it works like a charm.

As for the charger, the charger works great. I have no problems with battery drain and daydream clock running all night. I lay the phone down and it instantly starts charging. Only had the charger a couple of days and will eventually get a real solution, but it was a cheap, easy way to get my phone sitting up and thought it might help some others who get this.

Attachments

• IMG_20131108_083301.jpg
    IMG_20131108_083301.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 1,059

grndc2gsr

Jun 18, 2013

TurboD

Dec 11, 2010
Can I ask if it beeps when you lay the phone on it? I was looking for some for the bedroom nightstands, but if they beep, they would wake up my wife every time I use the phone.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Nice, I ended up ordering two from ATT. They come today. Funny thing is ATT sent me tracking that links to fedex but is actually a USPS number for priority two day USPS...

grndc2gsr

Jun 18, 2013
Can I ask if it beeps when you lay the phone on it? I was looking for some for the bedroom nightstands, but if they beep, they would wake up my wife every time I use the phone.

No it does not beep or make any sort of noise. The led light is soft and is mostly blocked by the phone if u place it right so it did not bother me being on my bed side night stand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Package and contents.

Size comparison.

Charging

Charging, it does not matter what angle you place the phone on it.

Charging with a Spigen Slim Armor case, no problem

Charging no problem with a Ringke Fusion case.
    Just sharing one way to turn it from a flat charging pad to a nice landscape elevated dock for those of us that like to have the phone visible in bed with the clock at night. Took a couple of empty allergy pill bottles, removed the lids, taped them together with some packing tape and used some of that rubber matting people use for their kitchen drawer liners cut to wrap up the front, over the top, down the back and around underneath to the front with a nice lip for the charger and phone so they won't slip. Put a couple pieces of tape from the bottom of the bottles to hold the rubber matting in place on the lower side and it works like a charm.

As for the charger, the charger works great. I have no problems with battery drain and daydream clock running all night. I lay the phone down and it instantly starts charging. Only had the charger a couple of days and will eventually get a real solution, but it was a cheap, easy way to get my phone sitting up and thought it might help some others who get this.
    I know this is offtopic but can you maybe upload some pictures of the ringke fusion case on the phone. I have ordered it but some useres here say the quality is VERY bad. I just saw photos without phone inside.

Amazon.com: RINGKE FUSION® Google Nexus 5 Case Bumper [BLACK] The Best Selling Shock Absorption Bumper + Anti Scratch Clear Back Panel + Design It Yourself Premium Hybrid Hard Case [Eco/DIY Package] for Google Nexus 5

No beeps, thank god. a tiny light in the front edge of the charger. Just got mine yesterday and so far seems pretty good. Seem like don't need to align perfectly to charge.

No it does not beep or make any sort of noise. The led light is soft and is mostly blocked by the phone if u place it right so it did not bother me being on my bed side night stand.