[Q] Battery life like

Search This thread

tclaw

Apr 2, 2011
I was about to purchase a tablet looking at toshiba exite 7.7, lg gpad, and lenovo yoga 8. I like toshiba for the display the yoga for batteyr life wondering about battery life ob the gpad.

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
I was about to purchase a tablet looking at toshiba exite 7.7, lg gpad, and lenovo yoga 8. I like toshiba for the display the yoga for batteyr life wondering about battery life ob the gpad.

I can play about 3 hours straight of Dead Trigger on one charge (high graphics) OR more than 6 episodes of Walking Dead (no comercials so about 45mins per episode and still had some charge left, forgot how much)

Not so good.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Helpful one, aren't ya? :laugh:

Reactions: tclaw

android404

Jan 19, 2013
I can play about 3 hours straight of Dead Trigger on one charge (high graphics) OR more than 6 episodes of Walking Dead (no comercials so about 45mins per episode and still had some charge left, forgot how much)

I think his answer was perfect. There's good battery and bad battery, it's as simple as that. X hours of playing/watching X by somebody tells me nothing about a gazillion other factors playing a role (or not). This tab has a not so good battery but it isn't terrible either.

tclaw

Apr 2, 2011
Not so good.
Ty for your repsone

I think go with yoga probally gonna play for fpse and other emulators so cpu/gpu doesnt have to be a beast.

lol
Do you want a short or a long answer?
I think got the answer i was looking for
I think his answer was perfect. There's good battery and bad battery, it's as simple as that. X hours of playing/watching X by somebody tells me nothing about a gazillion other factors playing a role (or not). This tab has a not so good battery but it isn't terrible either.
I think your right i was going for longer battery life in the end. the yoga suppose to get 10 hr of video time or more bet gamming probally be 6-8 hour range of midlle of the road games.

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
I use it for reading, web browsing, email and such. The occasional puzzle game or chess. I'm getting about 3 days out of it. So it's not great but as I use it at home and the charger is always close by, screen resolution was the more important point for me. Before I had the yoga for about 2 weeks before exchanging it for the g pad. The yogas battery life was just amazing compared to the g pad, but the screen has 100 ppi less, which made reading really straining to the eyes in my case. Just to give one of hopefully many examples that can help you decide based on your own usage patterns.

Pman

Oct 28, 2013
UK
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

I've rooted and stuck Madhi rom (4.4.2) on mine. Using it for nearly a week now, but the battery isn't brilliant. Had a China 8" tab before which also wasn't good with battery (and an awful ppi for that matter).

Roughly my usage is similar, or just a bit better than erwaso's. I get a bit more on certain things like video playback as I've optimised the Build.prop to save on battery. Also I've used an app to stop all major wakelocks and throttled the cpus to run slightly lower clock speed and on demand.

Personally I don't like any Apple products, but you can't beat there tablets for battery life; Android is too power hungry!

tclaw

Apr 2, 2011
I use it for reading, web browsing, email and such. The occasional puzzle game or chess. I'm getting about 3 days out of it. So it's not great but as I use it at home and the charger is always close by, screen resolution was the more important point for me. Before I had the yoga for about 2 weeks before exchanging it for the g pad. The yogas battery life was just amazing compared to the g pad, but the screen has 100 ppi less, which made reading really straining to the eyes in my case. Just to give one of hopefully many examples that can help you decide based on your own usage patterns.

Yea, i don't read i never learned lol no i don't read anything other than an article on the web. I wanted it for movies and light gaming via fpse and other emulator's so the yoga's long battery life was what i was going for. The toshiba has slightly better cpu and screen but the battery life reports on review varies alot 200 250 was my price range also considering the nook hd plus get decent battery life on the reviews and has full hd screen. I
'm leaning towards that 180 i can pick it up tomorrow. The other's i have to order online. Ty for your feedback.

tclaw

Apr 2, 2011
I also saw microsoft store has dell venue 8 pro on sale for 230 it can play older pc games like cod modern warfare and such it get 8hr battery life. Its the last tablet for me for awhile my wifes cutting me off bounced around tablet to tablet and phone to phone. lol so i'm sure as soon i buy 1 I'm going to wish i would bought a different 1 lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not so good.

Not so good.

Helpful one, aren't ya?
    Do you want a short or a long answer?