MultiSim - Dual-Sim-Card Manager

Search This thread

chineseleper

Jul 10, 2007
Hello everyone else who uses more than one sim card with your android phone. I've created something really useful for us!

MultiSim
Application is available in English, German, Chinese (thx Yujie) and French (thx Vincent).

MultiSim tracks all sim cards used by the phone and gives them icons which is always shown on the notification bar. This way you can always see which sim card you are currently using. Icons can be changed or hidden for easier distinguishing. Dual-sim-adapter users can switch their sim cards with the included Widget. HyperCard 3G, MagicSim 3G (in 007 Mode) and analog adapters are supported.

Download in Android Market if you're interessed and give me some feedback here!

Special Deal: I managed to negotiate a special deal for anyone interested in buying a HyperCard 3G: € 15 discount! :D Simply use the App to get your coupon code.

Download from Market (recommended for auto-update) or as an attachment from this post.
multisimdownload.png

Don't forget to give it 5 stars if you like it :)

Attachments

• screenshot11.jpg
    screenshot11.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 8,412
  • screenshot21.jpg
    screenshot21.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7,880
  • MultiSim-1.2.apk
    388.7 KB · Views: 12,975
  • MultiSim-1.1.apk
    159.9 KB · Views: 984
  • MultiSim-1.0.apk
    121.2 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
Hi,

Will this application work also with the DSTL1 (which has dual simultaneour sim cards)

chineseleper

Jul 10, 2007
well, if i'd request money for the tool I'd probably get one for testing, but with free software, i don't think I can afford that ;)

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
you are absolutely right, you could try asking the General Mobile guys for a free sample so you can do some coding? They are really sweet phones.

Also on the side I have looked for an app that acts as a dropbear (ssh server) gui

it simply needs checks if the dropbear process is running

and if it is running, kill it
ELSE run as root /system/bin/dropbee

(dropbee is a script I wrote that launches dropbear with all the appropriate
parameters)

I can give you the sh scripts and dropbear binaries if you want to put together an .apk?

chineseleper

Jul 10, 2007
do you guys have a DSTL1? I thought about it and don't see why someone would use my tool on that phone as it is a real dual sim phone where both sims can be used at the same time. Am I missing something?

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
Yes I have one.
Well, it would still be nice to know what 2 sim cards you have in at any given time...

do you guys have a DSTL1? I thought about it and don't see why someone would use my tool on that phone as it is a real dual sim phone where both sims can be used at the same time. Am I missing something?

youmeus

Jul 6, 2005
Any chance of doing a similar app for windows phone? HD2. have being looking really hard to get a workable solution...but cant get one that works with the HTC HD2

Cheers
youmeus

pedrooito

Mar 1, 2010
doesn´t work on my hero too. it says "not possible to install aplication multisim in this phone" .
i´m using android 1.5 with updated rom from orange uk.

naboleo

Aug 4, 2006
Ok, i did decompile the version 1.1 to change the icon set (bad trick, just changing ressourses without taking care of the name), and i've also done a french translation of it.

So here is the string.xml and icon set I've used just in case you want to use it for next release

EDIT : For those interested, here is the rebuilt apk...

Attachments

• res.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 66
  • MultiSim-1.1.fr.apk
    151.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

M2R2

Jun 13, 2009
Madrid
App for TWIN card by Vodafone

chineseleper, Can I use your program in a TWIN SIM by Vodafone?.

A TWIN SIM card is the original Vodafone card with 2 numbers inside it. The problem with the new ones is that It has only one password and therefore I can´t select the line with the password switching on and off the phone (like olders twin sim)

There is an app by vodafone called stk.apk but It is not available on android phones, like my Nexus One. I have tried to install it in system/app but I couldn´t.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone else who uses more than one sim card with your android phone. I've created something really useful for us!

MultiSim
    Application is available in English, German, Chinese (thx Yujie) and French (thx Vincent).

MultiSim tracks all sim cards used by the phone and gives them icons which is always shown on the notification bar. This way you can always see which sim card you are currently using. Icons can be changed or hidden for easier distinguishing. Dual-sim-adapter users can switch their sim cards with the included Widget. HyperCard 3G, MagicSim 3G (in 007 Mode) and analog adapters are supported.

Download in Android Market if you're interessed and give me some feedback here!

Special Deal: I managed to negotiate a special deal for anyone interested in buying a HyperCard 3G: € 15 discount! :D Simply use the App to get your coupon code.

Download from Market (recommended for auto-update) or as an attachment from this post.
    multisimdownload.png

Don't forget to give it 5 stars if you like it :)