Google Play Music no album artwork on lock screen

Search This thread

zemerin

Feb 23, 2014
Hey guys, just got a Moto X and love it. But yesterday night when I was playing music, I unlocked the phone and the album artwork is missing..
The pause and skip buttons appear and work just fine its just the album artwork is gone along with the song title and everything, only shows my wallpaper with the screen controls.

Is there any reason as to why this happened/a fix?

Thanks for any help!

hlaraujo

Nov 8, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hey guys, just got a Moto X and love it. But yesterday night when I was playing music, I unlocked the phone and the album artwork is missing..
The pause and skip buttons appear and work just fine its just the album artwork is gone along with the song title and everything, only shows my wallpaper with the screen controls.

Is there any reason as to why this happened/a fix?

Thanks for any help!

I got this problem the other day, it was gone when I rebooted the phone, but since the last update, my play music doesn't change the song's name when it is playing with the screen locked and I can't get it to work properly :/

Itachisasuke

Apr 27, 2010
Southeastern PA
I've had this issue from day 1 on Kitkat 4.4. A simple reboot fixes the issue but I believe it has more to do with the Play Music App itself and less to do with the phone. I have not found a permanent fix, but I have however notice the issue is more prevalent when connecting and disconnecting, Bluetooth Audio or connecting or disconnecting headphones with built in controls.