Sony Xperia ZR Official Thread!

Search This thread

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
Sony Xperia ZR(C5502/3)

Please post all Queries & Discussions about the phone below,Don't open any new threads

All XDA'ers ARE WELCOME!!:)

sony-xperia-zr.jpg

Specs:
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
1.5 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 Pro APQ8064 Quad Core
Adreno 320 graphics
RAM: 2GB
4.55" 720p display
IP55/58 certified dust proof and water resistant up to 1.5 meters
13MP Exmor RS camera
HDR for picture and video
8GB internal storage and microSD memory card
Co-moulded aluminium frame
Aluminium power button
Transparent Illumination Bar
Weight : 138 grams
Talk time (up to): 13 hours(3G)
Standby time (up to): 520 hours(3G)

RRP : €500 (Netherlands,Russia,Hong Kong)

500~560$ (Thailand,Taiwan)

sony-xperia-zr-2.jpg

sony-xperia-zr-announced_1368489917.jpg

sony-xperia-zr-and-docking-station.jpg

Unboxing Videos

Benchmark Videos

Specs Comparison

User Reviews

Thanks to @sealane

Hey people, like others I've been searching the net, and not getting any reviews,
Here's a quick review :

Build quality : is pretty damn good,

Display is what you expect any Sony phone to be, Video viewing was simply amazing, good colour and equally good contrast.

Sound while playing music and videos, was pretty crisp, and clear, not too loud, and no jarring.

Camera, just a couple f shots, and I would say, its pretty good, but not top notch, maybe a shade lower than s4 and i5 but that maybe because of the screen resolutions of the other phones in comparison.

I inserted 32 GB sd card, and have been using 3g , connectivity is competent, call clarity is acceptable, nothing to write home about, but don't get me wrong I am not complaining.

Phone works like a breeze, with the processor and RAM, combination, have a pleasant experience, played Subway surfer, for some time, graphics, and stuff looks very decent, and smoothness make me realize what I've been missing. Now I know what project butter is all about. :laugh:

A dedicated camera button, is a nice little add-on bonus, it focuses and shoots, it also wakes up camera, (of course) :)

BATTERY : I have not completed a day, but in 3 hours of use lost almost 29 % of the battery which includes quite a lot of fiddling with the phone, so I think , on a regular day I would not have a problem of running out of juice. but still with smartphones, U never know what to expect. I think this battery should be something between s2 and s3 ( the phones that I previously owned) i did a quick comparison with my old s3, and i am happy about the size, more happy about the smoothness, Not sure about the battery, I think s3 wins this one.

I hope this answers some of the curiosity, for now, please feel free to ask questions, not too much of a Phone expert, will do my best.

Thanks to @djpeesh

Day 1 of the xperia zr

Mixed opinions about the phone. I've come from a Motorola RAZR maxx so I've been spoilt rotten by the big battery.

The good first:
The screen is amazing. Simply marvelous to look at and the colors are epic. The camera is fantastic and the phone is such a breath of fresh air from the slow processor on the RAZR.

The waterproofing works as advertised. Dunked it in some water and it worked even with wet fingers. So that's a good thing.

The not so good now. The battery is not the greatest. Down to 42% with just about an hour of screen on, a hour of bluetooth on and about 45 mins of talking.

Not the greatest. But I'll have to buy a fewer extra chargers and get with the program.

Attached screenshots to make this completely legit.

Also, gps and 3g on throughout.

muzamaga.jpg
ygejugat.jpg
u5uqy5ep.jpg
9u3une4y.jpg

Day 2:
Weekend so no real reason to kill the battery.

Played a few songs off sound cloud, made a few phone calls, connected to my cars bluetooth and did a bit of Internet surfing

Here's how the battery did and what were the major battery eaters
e9ypapy2.jpg
4u5uzu5u.jpg

Here's are the pix of the box, the headphones and not much else

3ydetydy.jpg
8ema6y6a.jpg
aza6u8e3.jpg

Battery life has gotten noticeably better. I have reduced the number of apps and set the screen brightness on auto.

avuqyza6.jpg
sa6a3ema.jpg
u7ysyva4.jpg

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk 2

@djpeesh Final Review

So it's been three weeks with this phone. Here are my thoughts:

1. The water resistance is amazing. Played around with it at my local pool and the results are stellar. Works as advertised and the camera is excellent under water. More about the camera later.
2. The phone is exceptionally fast. The 2gigs of ram and the quad core processor mean that there is absolutely no hanging. The phone zips along and doesn't stutter even when you change the orientation of the screen. It's snappy and gets the job done quickly.
3. I've already got it rooted. Thanks to @DooMLoRD.
4. Most bloatware is easily removed and doesn't piss me off anymore.
5. The camera is exceptional. Really. It's the best phone camera I've used. Pictures come out nicely and there's minimal noise. The only hitch is night shots which have quite a bit of noise and are a little grainy.
6. The battery, especially with the stamina mode on is ok. I get a full day of work done before it dies and I fiddle around quite a bit including pairing it to stream music on my hour long commute twice a day. It dies by 7pm on a heavy use day. Yes, it isn't the RAZR maxx but I can live with it. Without stamina I find my phone dying pretty much by about 3 pm after unplugging it at 5 am.
7. I haven't faced any network connectivity issues and the sound being low is a feature that's been talked about a lot but it only happens after I take it into the pool and only for about ten minutes.
8. The removable battery also means that this is a phone that I can keep for a while. The battery is already listed as an accessory on the Sony website so it should be possible to have two batteries that I can swap out when I absolutely need more juice.
9. If you turn data off and use it just for calls, sms and as a music player and a camera, the battery lasts about 3 days. I just got back from holiday where there was no data reception. I used the phone for about 20 mins of calls a day, about 30 mins of music and about 30 pictures a day. Lasted for two and a half days before needing a charge. Of course, as soon as I got home and turned on data, the battery started dropping.
10. I would rate it on par with the s4 that my buddy has (without the gimmicks of course). The plastic back also means that it is less susceptible to the glass at the back breaking like has been reported by those who have the xperia z, including a buddy who now regrets not holding out for the zr

All in all, the phone has been one of my best purchases in a long long time and I would definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence even over the xperia z and the s4.

now supports:
  • Xperia ZR [C5502/3] (10.1.1.A.1.310)
download link is at my thread!

please test it out and let me know!​

Last edited:

jasonwsc

Sep 6, 2010
Singapore
Thx guys:)
I dont have a huge budget but enough for this devices;)

More SP users what do u think bros:p

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

No doubt the ZR. You should be asking yourself if you really need that 2 extra cores and water proofing, at the cost of battery life. The Xperia SP beats last year flagships easily, so it really isn't that weak.

Reactions: E!ch0

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Thx guys:)
I dont have a huge budget but enough for this devices;)

More SP users what do u think bros:p

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

Its depends on you bro. I think ZR will be around 31000 or 30500 Rupees. You have to spend extra 6000 more for ZR by comparing SP. If u have that much amount means no doubt... Go for ZR... Other wise SP..

And for ZR the Front Camera is VGA. And the battery will be more drain comparing with SP...

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
I would go for the sp if you dont care about the waterproof.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using xda app-developers app

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
No doubt the ZR. You should be asking yourself if you really need that 2 extra cores and water proofing, at the cost of battery life. The Xperia SP beats last year flagships easily, so it really isn't that weak.

Haha yep im a heavy user bro im using the phone more than my pc;)

So what do think go for the ZR?

Its depends on you bro. I think ZR will be around 31000 or 30500 Rupees. You have to spend extra 6000 more for ZR by comparing SP. If u have that much amount means no doubt... Go for ZR... Other wise SP..

And for ZR the Front Camera is VGA. And the battery will be more drain comparing with SP...

Thx for helping man;)
N yea i have a budget around 600USD so it's not a problem to get one of them;)

So if i will get the ZR he will give a better results n performance?:)

I would go for the sp if you dont care about the waterproof.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using xda app-developers app

Waterproof he's nice but it's not the main thing i care of bro;)
I care more of the design n the performance that's what really matter;)

But if we thinking about that, it will be nice if the device heatup we can just wash him n cool him off:p

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Haha yep im a heavy user bro im using the phone more than my pc;)

So what do think go for the ZR?

Thx for helping man;)
N yea i have a budget around 600USD so it's not a problem to get one of them;)

So if i will get the ZR he will give a better results n performance?:)

Waterproof he's nice but it's not the main thing i care of bro;)
I care more of the design n the performance that's what really matter;)

But if we thinking about that, it will be nice if the device heatup we can just wash him n cool him off:p

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

Sure Bro..ZR will give you a superb performance. Its a cool device. I dont have that much amount. Thats y i bought SP. Otherwise sure i will go for ZR. ZR will be a sensational phone... No doubt .... If u dont care about the Quality of the Front Cam

X

x102x96x

Hi guys how r ya;)

So it's already a 2 years im using the XNeo V n suffering from a shi**
Phone n lag:p so i think it's the time
To move on..

So i was on my way to get this beast the SP, but then i've nodes sony release a new device the ZR..

So those already have the SP what do u think guys wait a little bit for the ZR or get now the SP??:)

Cuz im really sick of this device he's drive me crazy:p

Thx n regardz;)

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

>> Get Xperia ZR
because of all specification it has + IP58 ;)
it has more battery too

:good:

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
Rather than ZR why not ZL?

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Nah the ZL is 2big for me bro..;)
This device r perfect the size specifics n plus the water resistant
Thing is cool:p

>> Get Xperia ZR
because of all specification it has + IP58 ;)
it has more battery too

:good:

Yea decided 2go for him hope he will has no issues;)

Thx for the comments bros u gave me a huge help n i will get the zr when he's gonna be launched n see how he's perform;)

Thx E!ch0

Last edited:

ahgahg

Aug 9, 2012
I would go the SP.
ZR being a Quad core will consume more battery.
I am a ZL owner.
It has a 1080p display, quad core etc, you end up charging it at the end of day.

With SP its the same battery size as ZL but 720p display, dual core.
If you are not specs hungry, I'd say go for the SP.
There will be a negligible difference in performance but a noticeable different in battery life.

MrUsta

Jun 13, 2010
If the price difference is small, then ZR.
The question is how much more is it worth being waterproof, 1GB extra RAM, 2 extra cores (still the same old CPU as in Nexus 4).
Now, if Sony would put a Snapdragon 600 on ZR, keep the resolution 720p, put a high quality IPS display, then this phone would be a star. I guess that would also cast a shadow on Z...

Bottom line is ZR is in a different price group, so SP remains the best performing phone in this price range among the large manufacturers.

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
I would go the SP.
ZR being a Quad core will consume more battery.
I am a ZL owner.
It has a 1080p display, quad core etc, you end up charging it at the end of day.

With SP its the same battery size as ZL but 720p display, dual core.
If you are not specs hungry, I'd say go for the SP.
There will be a negligible difference in performance but a noticeable different in battery life.

Im a heavy user bro;)
I dont think the dual core n the 1gb of ram will be enough for me..
Anyway i have budget for them both;)

Thx for yur replay bro u bring a good point:)

If the price difference is small, then ZR.
The question is how much more is it worth being waterproof, 1GB extra RAM, 2 extra cores (still the same old CPU as in Nexus 4).
Now, if Sony would put a Snapdragon 600 on ZR, keep the resolution 720p, put a high quality IPS display, then this phone would be a star. I guess that would also cast a shadow on Z...

Bottom line is ZR is in a different price group, so SP remains the best performing phone in this price range among the large manufacturers.

For few more bucks i think the ZR will give much more then the SP;)

N the s600 n the s4 pro give pretty
Same results, and dont forget man im upgrading from a neo v(fuc*** piece of shi*:p) so i think it's going to be a big changing..:)

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

ahgahg

Aug 9, 2012
if you use your phone more than your computer, you definitely want a good battery life, go with SP
Dual and Quad core not so big difference, but the 1 vs 2 gb of Ram might depending upon how many apps you have opened at the same time
Also, for the price you can get 2 SPs for the price of one ZR.

sealane

Jan 14, 2012
Mumbai
Got my zr, delivered, last evening, so far so good, battery is removable, thank god for that, sound, speed, looks, 1st impressions are great, have ditched my s3 for this one as this one's smaller than s3, and has more ram, hope I'm right.

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

E!ch0

May 13, 2013
Got my zr, delivered, last evening, so far so good, battery is removable, thank god for that, sound, speed, looks, 1st impressions are great, have ditched my s3 for this one as this one's smaller than s3, and has more ram, hope I'm right.

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

Good for u bro,:)

Haha i think u r the first person r got
It on XDA;)

Yep finally a removable back n battery, lets hope he dont has any
Bugs..

Thx man for commenting here, it always very nice to hear a user opinion;)

Ps.
It will be very nice of u to give a full
Review on him in the next couple of days.., it's will help to many ppl here:)

Still here;)
N!geR --> E!ch0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony Xperia ZR(C5502/3)

Please post all Queries & Discussions about the phone below,Don't open any new threads

All XDA'ers ARE WELCOME!!:)

sony-xperia-zr.jpg

Specs:
    Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
    1.5 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 Pro APQ8064 Quad Core
    Adreno 320 graphics
    RAM: 2GB
    4.55" 720p display
    IP55/58 certified dust proof and water resistant up to 1.5 meters
    13MP Exmor RS camera
    HDR for picture and video
    8GB internal storage and microSD memory card
    Co-moulded aluminium frame
    Aluminium power button
    Transparent Illumination Bar
    Weight : 138 grams
    Talk time (up to): 13 hours(3G)
    Standby time (up to): 520 hours(3G)

RRP : €500 (Netherlands,Russia,Hong Kong)

500~560$ (Thailand,Taiwan)

sony-xperia-zr-2.jpg

sony-xperia-zr-announced_1368489917.jpg

sony-xperia-zr-and-docking-station.jpg

Unboxing Videos

Benchmark Videos

Specs Comparison

User Reviews

Thanks to @sealane

Hey people, like others I've been searching the net, and not getting any reviews,
    Here's a quick review :

Build quality : is pretty damn good,

Display is what you expect any Sony phone to be, Video viewing was simply amazing, good colour and equally good contrast.

Sound while playing music and videos, was pretty crisp, and clear, not too loud, and no jarring.

Camera, just a couple f shots, and I would say, its pretty good, but not top notch, maybe a shade lower than s4 and i5 but that maybe because of the screen resolutions of the other phones in comparison.

I inserted 32 GB sd card, and have been using 3g , connectivity is competent, call clarity is acceptable, nothing to write home about, but don't get me wrong I am not complaining.

Phone works like a breeze, with the processor and RAM, combination, have a pleasant experience, played Subway surfer, for some time, graphics, and stuff looks very decent, and smoothness make me realize what I've been missing. Now I know what project butter is all about. :laugh:

A dedicated camera button, is a nice little add-on bonus, it focuses and shoots, it also wakes up camera, (of course) :)

BATTERY : I have not completed a day, but in 3 hours of use lost almost 29 % of the battery which includes quite a lot of fiddling with the phone, so I think , on a regular day I would not have a problem of running out of juice. but still with smartphones, U never know what to expect. I think this battery should be something between s2 and s3 ( the phones that I previously owned) i did a quick comparison with my old s3, and i am happy about the size, more happy about the smoothness, Not sure about the battery, I think s3 wins this one.

I hope this answers some of the curiosity, for now, please feel free to ask questions, not too much of a Phone expert, will do my best.

Thanks to @djpeesh

Day 1 of the xperia zr

Mixed opinions about the phone. I've come from a Motorola RAZR maxx so I've been spoilt rotten by the big battery.

The good first:
    The screen is amazing. Simply marvelous to look at and the colors are epic. The camera is fantastic and the phone is such a breath of fresh air from the slow processor on the RAZR.

The waterproofing works as advertised. Dunked it in some water and it worked even with wet fingers. So that's a good thing.

The not so good now. The battery is not the greatest. Down to 42% with just about an hour of screen on, a hour of bluetooth on and about 45 mins of talking.

Not the greatest. But I'll have to buy a fewer extra chargers and get with the program.

Attached screenshots to make this completely legit.

Also, gps and 3g on throughout.

muzamaga.jpg
    ygejugat.jpg
    u5uqy5ep.jpg
    9u3une4y.jpg

Day 2:
    Weekend so no real reason to kill the battery.

Played a few songs off sound cloud, made a few phone calls, connected to my cars bluetooth and did a bit of Internet surfing

Here's how the battery did and what were the major battery eaters
    e9ypapy2.jpg
    4u5uzu5u.jpg

Here's are the pix of the box, the headphones and not much else

3ydetydy.jpg
    8ema6y6a.jpg
    aza6u8e3.jpg

Battery life has gotten noticeably better. I have reduced the number of apps and set the screen brightness on auto.

avuqyza6.jpg
    sa6a3ema.jpg
    u7ysyva4.jpg

@djpeesh Final Review

So it's been three weeks with this phone. Here are my thoughts:

1. The water resistance is amazing. Played around with it at my local pool and the results are stellar. Works as advertised and the camera is excellent under water. More about the camera later.
    2. The phone is exceptionally fast. The 2gigs of ram and the quad core processor mean that there is absolutely no hanging. The phone zips along and doesn't stutter even when you change the orientation of the screen. It's snappy and gets the job done quickly.
    3. I've already got it rooted. Thanks to @DooMLoRD.
    4. Most bloatware is easily removed and doesn't piss me off anymore.
    5. The camera is exceptional. Really. It's the best phone camera I've used. Pictures come out nicely and there's minimal noise. The only hitch is night shots which have quite a bit of noise and are a little grainy.
    6. The battery, especially with the stamina mode on is ok. I get a full day of work done before it dies and I fiddle around quite a bit including pairing it to stream music on my hour long commute twice a day. It dies by 7pm on a heavy use day. Yes, it isn't the RAZR maxx but I can live with it. Without stamina I find my phone dying pretty much by about 3 pm after unplugging it at 5 am.
    7. I haven't faced any network connectivity issues and the sound being low is a feature that's been talked about a lot but it only happens after I take it into the pool and only for about ten minutes.
    8. The removable battery also means that this is a phone that I can keep for a while. The battery is already listed as an accessory on the Sony website so it should be possible to have two batteries that I can swap out when I absolutely need more juice.
    9. If you turn data off and use it just for calls, sms and as a music player and a camera, the battery lasts about 3 days. I just got back from holiday where there was no data reception. I used the phone for about 20 mins of calls a day, about 30 mins of music and about 30 pictures a day. Lasted for two and a half days before needing a charge. Of course, as soon as I got home and turned on data, the battery started dropping.
    10. I would rate it on par with the s4 that my buddy has (without the gimmicks of course). The plastic back also means that it is less susceptible to the glass at the back breaking like has been reported by those who have the xperia z, including a buddy who now regrets not holding out for the zr

All in all, the phone has been one of my best purchases in a long long time and I would definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence even over the xperia z and the s4.

now supports:

please test it out and let me know!​

FreeXperia Project to give the ZR some love?

I asked a few questions about the ZR to the people behind the FreeXperia Project, and we might be getting some CM love as well.
    Nothing has been said about when or even a "YES". I'll let you draw your own conclusions from the IRC log below:

[19:55] <macaon> Hello. Seeing as how the Z and ZL share so much, is there any chance to see CM ported to the ZR as well? The differences between the Z and ZR seem miniscule. All 3 are fusion3 devices.
    [19:58] <mithun46> there are different sensors
    [19:58] <mithun46> Z and ZL have a lot
    [19:58] <mithun46> to know more simply compare their defconfigs and u will find a hell lot
    [20:00] <macaon> I've compared them, and there are only a few lines that differ.. 4 or 5 in total, none seem to target specific hardware (except the screen). Then again, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at.
    [20:01] <macaon> CONFIG_SENSORS_PM8XXX_PULLUP_68K_BLTHERM (unique for ZR), and some differences (2 lines) targetting CONFIG_FB_MSM_MIPI_R63306
    [20:01] <macaon> That's all I can find, apart from model name of course.
    [20:21] <@Kali-> macaon: ZR should come
    [20:21] <@Kali-> jerplea have it, but it's busy with work
    [20:21] <@Kali-> *him is
    [20:22] <macaon> That's good news. I'm not here to rush anyone. I was just curious to know if it might even happen :)
    Mini Review

Got my ZR last Wednesday. Overall, I am satisfied with it so far. Here is my mini review for all the potential buyer out there.

Phone: Xperia ZR C5502

Performance:

Let's start with the performance of this phone. Navigation is buttery smooth and multi-tasking is good. Switching between apps like messenger, whatsapp and facebook has always been instantaneous. And of course I did some 'stress test' of mine, run a few game simultaneously with antutu running and the apps switching is still good, although not instantaneous - the wait is very minimal (about 1 second+ of blank white screen and you are good to go.) PS: running on Nova prime.

Loading pages with Chrome is fine too, double tapping to zoom in and out, pinch zoom etc works flawlessly. Tried to stress it with loading up 10 tabs of desktop pages - at this stage, tab switching still works good (good as in, the wait is minimal). On the other hand, if you are just up to handling a few tab of webpages, everything is gonna be buttery smooth.

Screen:

I've got my ZR sticked with a matte based screen protector, so do expect a better performance if you are going to use no SP or a clear type one.
    With a matte based SP, I still find ZR to have very good viewing legibility, even under sunlight.

The black are not very very deep, but it still fares very well for normal usage. I find no problem with the color reproduction (as a web/multimedia designer, I am quite sceptical when it comes to bad color and quality), while it can't match the amoled pure black - it is still decent enough for daily usage and multimedia consumption.

The white is not pure white too, but it might really just be my matte screen protector. So I will let other to judge on this.

Colours from direct angle are natural and vivid enough for media consumption.

I have no problem with the viewing angle as well. For those who complains about viewing angle, will you be watching a movie from a slanted angle? Most probably no. So while the viewing angle is only average, it is still good enough for you to let's say read an incoming message or check your phone's status. In short, font reading from a side angle is not a problem at all. For those who thinks he will love to enjoy a movie from a side angle, you might wanna consider some other screen though.

Hands on feeling/Size:

I came from an Galaxy Ace, ZR is a very huge leap in terms of size for me. I was kinda struggling at first, but eventually I got used of it. One hand handling is very possible if you have an average or above average palm size. I have a kinda below average size palm, but still find myself handling it one hand occasionally. So I'm pretty sure one hand handling is gonna be a good experience with Xperia ZR.

The weight and height is something I will need to get used to, considering that I came from a very small phone. But on overall, I never find it too bulky or straining to use. As comparison, lying down on bed and using any other 5 inch display phone for like 5 minutes plus can really sore my hands. So another plus point for ZR.

Battery Life

When it comes to battery life, this is one hella amazing device. 46 hours of battery life with 5 hours screen on time ?! This is totally impossible on my previous phone. Some other real life example are:

1. Playing half hour+ of minion rush drains only 3% of battery.
    2. With moderate use, I woke up at 9am with 97% and have 80% left when I left my office at 7pm.
    3. Browsing and downloading apps over wifi for half hour+, almost no impact.
    4. Antutu benchmark my ZR for 3 rounds, drop 2%.

In one word, ZR is excellent when it comes to Battery life, at least on 4.1.2 (Hopefully it remains the same after the 4.2.2 update)

In call volume and loudspeaker

Was very worried over these 2 after reading through all the comments on the internet. But to my surprise, I found no problem with them at all.
    I am able to communicate very well in a phone call and while the loudspeaker is not that rich and loud, it is good enough to serve its main purpose - to notify you of an event.
    Plus, I have no reason to enjoy my music over a phone when I got a full fledged desktop?
    (Anyway, headphone jack quality is very good.)

Camera

Not exactly good on 4.1.2, not a shutter bug though, so it is decent enough for me. And I rarely snap, really have not much to comment here. Anyway I find the other reviews to be true, the quality doesn't feel like a proper 13mp in 4.1.2. Gonna wait for 4.2.2 and have a test drive again.

Water proof

Never tried =x

Conclusion

Overall, ZR is an awesome device for those who are looking for a performer but doesn't want to hurt its wallet.
    The Galaxies are so mainstream, you probably looks cooler with a ZR =]
    The HTC One was what I was aiming for before the ZR, but the price is always so steep. But all in all, I never regret choosing ZR over HTC One.
    For those who are still unsure over this device, just leave your question here, I am sure some of us can give you some insights that you need.
    Afterall, I would love to have more ZR users out there and eventually improve the DEV activity ;)

My english might not be perfect, is not my native tongue so.... please bear with my grammatical mistakes. :D
    DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit v16 released!

now supports:

please test it out and let me know!

@OP
    can you please add this to the first post?

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Request device support for CM.

Hello All,

I've opened a new thread on the official cyanogenmod website requesting to add support for our XPERIA ZR (both variants).

I request all the interested members to kindly like or request on the same forum.

Link for the thread on cyanogenmod.org

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Sony Xperia ZR - Official Firmware

C5503

Android 4.1.2:
    Version: 10.1.1.A.1.310

Russia - docs.google.com

Hong Kong - docs.google.com

Global - docs.google.com / pan.baidu.com / system partition - drive.google.com

C5502

Android 4.1.2
    Version: 10.1.1.A.1.310

India - docs.google.com / 4shared.com

FAQ'S

Q: How do I know the region, which is programmed for this device (modification of software)?

A: Type the command * # * # 7378423 # * # * ( * # * # SERVICE # * # * ), select " Service info ", then - " Software info ". Under the line " Customization Version : "the version of the update - search for it in the following table.

Q: After update / reinstall the device after a few seconds of the first issue as a question in the image below - "[POWER OFF] or [Use phone]". What is it?
    A: This is caused by the fact that before (re) installing the software has been requested data and reset the device is now trying to establish the factory settings. For their complete installation, you must select the [POWER OFF], otherwise the request will be repeated after every reboot your device and as long as you have selected the [POWER OFF]