!update! [ALL +wqvga] [free] DringMoi 1.4: reactivate volume by calls AND sms !

Search This thread

Corwin9S

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
DringMoi

Type: free

Preambule: feel free to comments and to give feedbacks, it helps improving! Thanks

Description:
You never asked your phone somewhere in the house ... with the ringing, off course. And, of course again, you can no longer get their hands on it!
Here is MY solution ... DringMoi!
This little program, free, allows you to activate, by simple calls, the ringing of your phone. And yes!

With version 1.2, you now have the possibility to wake up your phone calls by the 4 call numbers and also by SMS! Specify text, activate the software ... and voila! You will also be able to manage a new option, "Persistent", which allow to let the soft keep running even if volume is set to max already.

With version 1.3 you will be able to easily set the applicatin to be launched at startup.

Configuration / Compatibility:
To do this you must still configure some elements, such as phone number initiating the change, the number of missed calls (inevitably) needed before modification and, of course, the time interval that the software should go check missed.

The operation is in itself very simple. DringMoi will read the latest entries in the log of missed calls, according to a regular set (every 2, 5, 7, 10, 15 or 30 minutes). Depending on configuration, number of calls required (1-4) and the calling number, the phone will issue its ringer volume to maximum. Thus, the next time you hear your phone ring!

Note that while there is not the right number of missed calls made by call number programmed, the software will get back into the fixed time interval. Otherwise, it does not restart for retest. Similarly, if the volume is already set up, the software does not restart.

Note that if your phone has no battery ... you can not hear!

Its usage is simple. Upon installation, a directory "DringMoi" is created in "Start / Programs" and a shortcut DringMoi Settings "" Start / Program "(for the case or the creation of the directory does not work ).
In this directory, you have three shortcuts:

* DringMoi Settings: allows you to specify No calling, checking interval of missed calls and the number of appeals. As well as activate the software.

* DringMoi Launch: shortcut that allows you to directly launch the eve of the software. Note however that if in the Settings (see another shortcut) you have not activated the software, it will make his test once.

* Version: information on the current version.

Language: français, deutsch, english

Version: 1.4
Date de vérification de version: 30.09.2010

Editeur/Créateur: Corwin

Résolution: from WQVGA (240*400) and all upper (autoredimensionnement)

Tested successfully on: i900, HTC HD2

Operating System:
  • Windows Mobile 6.1.x: yes (tested ok)
  • Windows Mobile 6.5.0: yes (tested ok)
  • Windows Mobile 6.5.x: yes (tested ok)

Screens:

DringMoi_2.png

Links:
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/corwin.php?soft=evb_dringmoi
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/i900_forums/viewtopic.php?&t=2492

Details:
- DringMoi.dll a file is copied to your Windows directory, it is mandatory that the software works well
- Tested OK and running on my i900 with WM6.1 and WM6.5 on HTCHD2 with

Download Area:

Version full with runtimes eVB needed:
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/ddl/DringMoi/DringMoi.CAB

Version without runtimes eVB:
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/ddl/DringMoi/DringMoi_n.CAB

>> the last version are the following : DringMoi_n_v1.4.CAB (927.8 KB) and DringMoi_v1.4.CAB (1.59 MB)

Attachments

• DringMoi.CAB
    790.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DringMoi_n.CAB
    89.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DringMoi_n_v1.2.CAB
    920.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DringMoi_v1.2.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • DringMoi_n_1.3.CAB
    922.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DringMoi_1.3.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • DringMoi_n_1.4.CAB
    927.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DringMoi_1.4.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
Some Explainations about the "Hacks" menu :

Persistent (vol max)
- if checked, the soft will continue launching himself at scheduled time intervall, even in the ringing volume is already set to maximum
- if unchecked, the next time the soft launchs, if the ringing volume is set to maximum, the soft will close and will not relaunch itself later

Volume Registre/Registry
- if checked, the soft will make modifications in the registry to modifiy the volume
- if not checked, the soft will not make

Use this option if the standard mode doesn't function (ie no ringing volume up without checked). Standard mode will normally be able alone to set volume to maximum, progarmmatically by directly influencing the .dll

Check SMS
- if checked, the soft will also check the last 5 received SMS to see if they exactly contain the word to grow volume up. This word can be defined in the "SMS Text" option.
- if unchecked, the soft will not read the SMS

Test Calls
- if checked, the soft will check the lasts unanswered calls to check if they are like at least one of the defined numbers (in Option "Calls").
- if unchecked, the soft will not check the calls

At startup
- if checked, the soft put a scheduled command to be launched the next times the mobile boot.
- if unchecked, the soft will not be launched the next times the mobile boot.

And, also, the option "Repeat" :
- if checked (activated), the soft will rescheduled himself after each time it's launched
- in unchecked (unactivated), the soft will be launched once and it will not schedule another launch

Last edited:

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
I dont get it...whats the task of this app?

1. you have your mobile in silence mode
2. you go in the cave to pickup some wine
3. you put your mobile on the shelter to be able to pickup all the bottles
4. you go up, without taking back your mobile
5. you discuss with your friends, use the taken bottles to drink
6. you want to send a sms to your girlfriend to say you will be late at the cinema
7. "damn! where is my f**** phone ?"
8. you go searching in the house, but never think of searching in the cave (because it has nothing to do down there !)
9. having a great idea, you call your mobilephone with your homephone, but as your mobilephone is in silent mode you couldn't hear it

The story can end here... BUT, as you're very smart (in correlation with the 9th point), you have installed "DringMoi" and setted your homephone number as referral number, for 3 missed calls and in checking every 10 minutes. So you quickly take your homephone, make the two remainings calls and wait at least 11 minutes, keeping drinking. After this time, you call once again with your homephone... and your mobilephone is now ringing with maximum volume. You so now can go down to the cave to pickup your mobilephone... and some more bottles.

Finally :
- you've recovered your mobilephone
- you're drunk
- you'vre missed the meeting with your girlfriend

;-)

gammarho55

Feb 9, 2008
great idea

wow. its sad but is just what i've been looking for to put on my wife's phone so she'll quit forgetting to turn on the volume on her phone lol. thanks for this.

gade12

Mar 21, 2009
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Moto G
Perfect program for people like me!!!
i hope u continue developping more versions.
I leave this ideas here:

Configure more number to activate sound
Configure time and calls free
Improve interface
Autostart when phone in turn on
when program activate sound, change information icon sound

it's only ideas, program is wonderful
question: program affect to battery life?

jav92

Aug 5, 2010
Nice one! I was just searching for this, for me it's very very useful...

My ideas:

-More numbers to activate sound
-When you send a sms with a specific text make the phone reactivate volume and start ringing

Thanks, veery nice app!

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
Thanks for feedbacks.

Happy to see that apparently, without any bugs !

About your good ideas and suggestions :

- configuring more numbers
>> this could be done quite easily.
Point to be in future release

- configure time and calls free
>> I've thought about this, but, well... the bugs with error in adding infos are potentially too high so I prefer not to put this option. Maybe if I developp some algorithm to make checks and checks again...

- Improve interface
>> well... designing is really not my way of excellence! As it's "only" for options... but, anyways. If someone give me ideas and files, maybe...
And if you do not speak about graphics, please be more detailled

- Autostart when phone in turn on
>> I've also thought about this. But not implemented because I want more feedbacks on several WM OS and phones before this. The command lines and option are ready to be set as "visible".

- When program activate sounds, change infos sound icon
>> I've seen, on my i900 and on the emulator, that the icon will change itself after 15 - 30 seconds... But, anyways, if I find how to set this quickly, I will do it... Note that I don't understand why the icon will not refresh, because in my WMuvuZelas it does !

- Programm affect battery life ?
>> no, it doesn't. why? because the programm itself takes only about 10 seconds to run (read call log, make checks, update volume (or not), close itself). And secondly because the programm isn't running in background. It set up a time event to be launched (runat command)
But the battery will still be used by other functions... lol !

- Specific text on SMS will do the same
>> good idea... just need to find a way to read the SMS too !

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
lol...

anyways, just to inform that I'm on the next release, with some new things, for example :

- get from SMS text
- multiple numbers

;-)

but be patient... it could take some time !

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
New version 1.2

With version 1.2, you now have the possibility to wake up your phone calls by the 4 call numbers and also by SMS! Specify text, activate the software ... and voila! You will also be able to manage a new option, "Persistent", which allow to let the soft keep running even if volume is set to max already.

v1.2:
- 4 numéros de téléphone à choix
- gestion des SMS
- choix du texte des SMS
- on peut forcer la modification (ou pas) de la base de registres pour le son
- option "persistent" qui permet au soft de continue de tourner, même si le volume est déjà au maximum
- améliorations du code

A BIG BIG thanks to DotFred for his executable to extract SMS !

well... and a little kind of easteregg. Check persistent option and send some particulars words (founded in a .txt file embedded) to be surprized...

jav92

Aug 5, 2010
Nice, with the SMS support there's only one thing missing to this app... of course you can't predict when you are going to miss your phone so if you could make the app run in startup it would be great!

EDIT version 1.2 doesn't work on my omnia, it says something like "there isn't an application associated with "dm". Execute the application and open the file from it" (translated from spanish, it doesn't say exactlly that), how do I fix it?

Last edited:

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
hallo jav92

for the startup, you easily can add yourself a shortcut in the "startup" folder. I will try to make this possible in options, but my problem is to catch up the name of the "startup" folder in different languages...

for the bug of "dm", which version do you have ? Should be the 1.2, but I do not have the same problems...

Anyways, I'll manage a new version 1.3 with the shortcut possibility and I will add some more existence checks. This one on testing / packaging

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
so... version 1.3 released.

Changelog 1.3:
- corrections of code
- add existences test for files
- only one instance of DringMoi can be run
- add option to run at mobile startup

jav92

Aug 5, 2010
Ok, with the new version 1.3 released it's working now on my omnia i900.

If possible, in future versions try to make a better interface for it, it would be great!

thx again

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Corwin,
question: it is possible that you have the background color as a setting? I ask because the last, and that is good, everyone use th sdk's for sense. So every app have the same base. So is this possible?