Since 4.4.2 Random Reboots

Search This thread

Vexorg

Dec 16, 2010
Hey,

Ever since the OTA update my phone reboots randomly about once every two days [I'm on Verizon].

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Screen just goes black, vibrates once quickly, then its back on that LG G2/Verizon screen and then boots. Then everything is fine.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hey,

Ever since the OTA update my phone reboots randomly about once every two days.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Screen just goes black, vibrates once quickly, then its back on that LG G2/Verizon screen and then boots. Then everything is fine.
Nope... Have you done a FDR yet? It is highly recommended to do one after taking this OTA if you have ANY kind of trouble at all.

Vexorg

Dec 16, 2010
Problem still persists, I'm surprised I'm the only person getting this issue.

hardheart1

Jul 12, 2013
Fairly common on custom builds

Problem still persists, I'm surprised I'm the only person getting this issue.

It's a fairly common occurrence for people on custom builds. I've noticed it when trying to do too many things at once.

There also apparently appears to be a link between SwiftKey and this problem from what I've read, or maybe that's an entirely different problem.

Mine have stopped after I disabled Google Services Sound Search.

substitutesam

Apr 29, 2014
It's a fairly common occurrence for people on custom builds. I've noticed it when trying to do too many things at once.

There also apparently appears to be a link between SwiftKey and this problem from what I've read, or maybe that's an entirely different problem.

Mine have stopped after I disabled Google Services Sound Search.

I just rooted my phone about a week ago, I'm still on the 4.4.2 KK ROM and have Swiftkey and Google Services enabled. I also am using the Complete Keyguard Disabler.

A few things I've noticed are:

1)Random reboots/Phone overheating
2)Sluggish/unresponsive phone performance coming out of 'sleep' using double tap
3)Speaker/headphone Viper4 mod not working properly

Is a factory reset something I should consider if I didn't root the device until after the 4.4.2 update or is there something else causing these issues? I'm sure there is some user error in #3 as I'm going through the learning curve, but the most concerning is by far the #1 and 2, as I rooted it for the main purpose of increasing performance speed.

Any insights?

Last edited:

hardheart1

Jul 12, 2013
I just rooted my phone about a week ago, I'm still on the 4.4.2 KK ROM and have Swiftkey and Google Services enabled. I also am using the Complete Keyguard Disabler.

2)Sluggish/unresponsive phone performance coming out of 'sleep' using double tap

Is a factory reset something I should consider if I didn't root the device until after the 4.4.2 update or is there something else causing these issues? I'm sure there is some user error in #3 as I'm going through the learning curve, but the most concerning is by far the #1 and 2, as I rooted it for the main purpose of increasing performance speed.

Any insights?

I haven't looked at any logs or anything on a remotely technical level. I noticed the google sound search was eating battery so I disabled it. Reboots are gone.

Vexorg

Dec 16, 2010

Any insights?

I haven't looked at any logs or anything on a remotely technical level. I noticed the google sound search was eating battery so I disabled it. Reboots are gone.

First and foremost, I was not rooted or using anything customer. I never tried rooting this phone because I figured there would be updates in the near future (I was optimistic).

I am also receiving:
  • Random Reboots
  • Overheating
  • Random Apps Crash frequently (Kindle, Search, Home, etc)

I am also using swiftkey.

hardheart1

Jul 12, 2013
First and foremost, I was not rooted or using anything customer. I never tried rooting this phone because I figured there would be updates in the near future (I was optimistic).

I am also receiving:
  • Random Reboots
  • Overheating
  • Random Apps Crash frequently (Kindle, Search, Home, etc)

I am also using swiftkey.

I believe there are known issues with the G2 and Swiftkey on stock roms (rooted, custom, or otherwise).

What language are you using on Swiftkey. I'm on Swiftkey and Carbon and I'm not having any problems.

substitutesam

Apr 29, 2014
Using English (US)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm also on Swiftkey and am experiencing very similar issues, using English as well.

On a side note, I also work in a building that has no cell service and continuously cycles through wifi connections because the 3 networks I have entered vary greatly in strength based on a 10 ft radius of where I walk.. could this be a cause as well and is there a way to stop it from happening?

I've tried removing all of the connections except 1 wifi signal but then I'm really only connected when I'm at my desk and if I standup to walk somewhere it's disconnected...

#1stWorldProblems

Vexorg

Dec 16, 2010
These issues are still persisting... anyone think taking it to Verizon would do anything?

My phone is completely stock. I am wondering if I should just flash a new ROM or something.

substitutesam

Apr 29, 2014
These issues are still persisting... anyone think taking it to Verizon would do anything?

My phone is completely stock. I am wondering if I should just flash a new ROM or something.

I second this, still having random reboots and running completely stock. I'm getting close to just removing Swiftkey all together?