v20G firmware

Search This thread

sak500

Sep 9, 2011
Dubai
Installed on UK P920 works fine, You can't make any calls? No Data? what isn't working.

Software version V20G is dated Apr-11-12. Roots ok with Megatron and installed Meemos Xplay3d V2.0, Ghost calls yet to be tested will report if I get any.

Installed it over existing rushdroid and titan kernal v0.42 and everything is intact except no root access. Unable to root using megatron. Phone signal is good and so far making calls.

Edit: Had to wipe all the data and then rooted the phone easily. Restored from backup the rom and now in settings shows 17 feb not april like before but still the baseband is new.

Last edited:

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
The data connection worked fine (wifi or 2G/3G) but google play (market) would not work even after loading it as a apk. Gone back to 20b.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

Here is my verdict on this one..

Used it the entire time i was away it worked fine no GC well i didn't have any yet V20E is also a baseband that i never got any not even one GC issue on either..

Here is how i installed V20G i couldn't flash it with smart flash, so i went into recovery and i backed up my rom DNA 2.0.. After it backed up my rom i wiped everything and rebooted my phone back up to the homescreen.. Turned on debugging and then connected my phone to the pc and left it.. turned on the R&D tool and just flashed the KDZ as normal.. After it started up i turned it off immediately and went into recover, wiped everything again let it start up. when it turned on i put usb debugging on again and rooted it using dan megatron program. after that installed CWM and restored my rom and now been using it for 3 days..

I have made lots of calls trust me i am a caller not a fan of text i use whatsapp for text or kik.... I received all my calls so not a problem..

D

Deleted member 380325

Tried the same. But R&D crashes every time bevor flashing.

Is there another way to Flash V20G?

D

Deleted member 380325

Yes.
All drivers are installed well.

All what i can do is an emergency flash. But this installs V21D. :(

rezzsha

Dec 30, 2011
AlfredENeumann: same thing happened to me , had the enabler on and everything ,was following the normal method but it just kept freezing ,maybe took me 4 tries before it worked, i also restarted my computer just in case , and it worked .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 380325

@Meemo23

The Enabler is enabled too.

@rezzsha
tried about 10 times.
Software crashes.

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
I didn't restore my backup. Trying this as is without root. I have a feeling that the response on this is much better than the previous v20b root. Games seem to run more smoother and fast (try temple run). Any body else got the same feeling.

and btw the updater updated it on 4th attemp.

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
so did as meemo said backed my current rom installed kdz (didnt get network as soon as megatron started rooting/access phone it got connectivity) went back to recovery restored my backup (v20b) so as of now no network :( any ideas. I have tried twice.

D

Deleted member 380325

Here is how i installed V20G i couldn't flash it with smart flash, so i went into recovery and i backed up my rom DNA 2.0.. After it backed up my rom i wiped everything and rebooted my phone back up to the homescreen.. Turned on debugging and then connected my phone to the pc and left it.. turned on the R&D tool and just flashed the KDZ as normal.. After it started up i turned it off immediately and went into recover, wiped everything again let it start up. when it turned on i put usb debugging on again and rooted it using dan megatron program. after that installed CWM and restored my rom and now been using it for 3 days..

It worked now. Turned off Kaspersky and used KDZ Updater offline Fix.
Hope that Ghostcalls will be history now.

D

Deleted member 380325

looking forward to early.

After restore stock german stock rom i have no access to the SIM Card.

Trying Custom ROM now.
With CM7 works perfekt, but i´ll test DNA ROM today. CM7 without the possibility of using the HOME key is no good idea for me.

Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

vlada10

Jan 18, 2009
smart

i flashed new baseband with smart flash..
but text is same l6260_modem_sic_01.1042.00

how can you be sure that they changed baseband ?

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
LG displays the name as the same in stock roms, but if you use a CyanogenMod based rom, it will show the correct name.

D

Deleted member 380325

Flashed DNA 2.0 ROM on clean P920 with V20G Baseband.
No Service. No Acces to SIM.

CM7 worked well.

Trying ThiaiZo3D 2.7.1 now.

Edit:
Tested now 6 diff. Custom Roms.
Only CM works with V20G Baseband.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts