Optimus g pro android 4.4 Kitkat soon (official)

Search This thread

landeiro

Mar 10, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
grd.jpg

[Android 4.4 Kit-Kat: check which devices will receive the update]

See if your machine will receive the new version of Android

The major release of Android 4.4 Kit - Kat is scheduled for this month. Surely , all Android users are waiting for that day with great anticipation ! The new version of the OS, based on Linux Kernel that supports new devices with little memory , is at hand. And then , is curious to know if your phone will get the update the new version of Android ?

To start , let's talk about those devices that are in the update right . Those who have Nexus devices can expect the upgrade to Android 4.4 . Those who own the Nexus 4 , 7 , 7 (2013 ) , 10 (2012 ) will be the lucky ones !

Others who have great chance to get the update are the main apparatus of large factories . These have 99 % chance to receive the new Android . Are these : Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and S4 . LG : LG G2 , G PAD , Optimus G, Optimus G Pro Now Sony : Sony Xperia Z , Xperia Z1 , Z Ultra . Also the HTC ONE , ONE Mini HTC and Moto X.

Still others who are likely to receive the update are: Galaxy Nexus , Galaxy Mini S4 , S4 Active , Sony Xperia ZQ , Galaxy S3 , S3 Mini , Note 2 , Motorola RAZR Motorola RAZR D1 and D3 .

However , what I found most interesting is that Google is interested in older devices . According to a statement from Google itself "the interest is that all of them have the incredible experience of using the Kit - Kat Android 4.4 on their devices ." Thus , this new update will encourage not only those with newer devices , but users with older devices . Usually when a new OS is released , it is designed to run with the new hardware in order to boost the sale of more modern equipment . Glad to know that Google cares about all of their customers , not only those who are always with the latest releases. Remembering that still will depend of manufacturers and their customizations for each device .

Source: http://mobilexpert.com.br/apps/outr...a-os-dispositivos-que-receberao-a-atualizacao

LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99[/B]

[LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G
Posted on Oct 2 2013 - 5:33am by Adrian Diaconescu

Android-KitKat-4.4.jpg

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough?

Android-KitKat-4.4

Maybe not shocking, but definitely unexpected. For a handful of reasons. One, the G is nearing its first birthday, being by all intents and purposes an “aging” handheld. Two, the 4.7-incher is still stuck on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, so one would assume a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade would be in the cards before a 4.4 makeover.

And three, does anyone even know the Optimus G exists? Not that it has aged very badly, but it’s, you know, almost archaic compared with current high-enders. It sports a 4.7-inch 720p display, 8 MP rear-facing camera in one of two configurations, plus a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU that’s no longer the proudest stallion in Qualcomm’s stable.

Not to mention it’s been followed by not one, but two top-notch LG devices, the Optimus G Pro and G2, the second of which is highly praised by a number of reviewers and simple tech-savvy individuals alike.

But let’s back up for a second. What makes us think the Optimus G will get an Android 4.4 bump in the first place? An alleged private Facebook conversation between an everyday LG user, I presume, and the guy (or gal) in charge of the company’s official French account

The exchange is pretty straightforward, with LG Electronics France very confidently claiming the Android 4.4 update is planned for “this October”, so there you go, case closed, congrats you lucky Optimus G owners.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but not so fast, because I’m not buying it. For one thing, this is a private FB conversation (emphasis on “private”), meaning it could have very easily been doctored since there’s no real, palpable proof it ever happened.

And even if it happened (jeez, I’m starting to sound like a character on the show “Newsroom”), social media people have been known to mess up dates, names and timeframes. What if they were actually talking about a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade and misinterpreted the question?

Then again (now I’m just grasping at straws), it’s not sooo far-fetched to think LG will get a front-row seat at the 4.4 rollout party. After all, they are making the Nexus 5, they’ve also helped build the N4, so maybe they’ve asked Big G for a bit of preferential treatment for a change. Could that be the case, what do you guys think

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99

Last edited:

titus1

Feb 14, 2010
Funny thing is..I too posted a question on FB page of LG Mobile, though I don't know which country but it's in English.

The first line of response was..."I'm sorry to hear...blah blah blah"

And I'm like....YEAH

Reactions: Nick Mancuso

NaveenKumarXDA

Apr 21, 2013
Delhi,India
No need to be so pessimistic....there is no official word on update coming or not coming...still early days in LG world, wait and watch ...as the saying goes - hope for the best, be prepared for the worst

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4
Eat it Bro. only 4.2.2 at last may come. Not anything after if I know LG. Otherwise they will seriously do wonders. And Wonders do not happen in LG.

Reactions: phideauxiii

lekhwani

These are there flagship devices. They will definitely upgrade these to kitkat. No other small update will excite me like directly upgrading to kitkat. LG is gaining momentum right now with nexus 4, G, G Pro, G2. To make the owners of these phones happier subsequently gain market praise and to rise against the market leader Samsung, they have reasons good enough to do this NOW. HAPPIER customers, media praise, positive publicity all round, gain in market share, are the very good reasons why LG must do it now.

landeiro

Mar 10, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
These are there flagship devices. They will definitely upgrade these to kitkat. No other small update will excite me like directly upgrading to kitkat. LG is gaining momentum right now with nexus 4, G, G Pro, G2. To make the owners of these phones happier subsequently gain market praise and to rise against the market leader Samsung, they have reasons good enough to do this NOW. HAPPIER customers, media praise, positive publicity all round, gain in market share, are the very good reasons why LG must do it now.

There are official Android 4.3 Korean. I prefer kikat, but its coming 4.3 too. Wait but :angel: not so long until 2014. Maybe change to Note III

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downloading the dump ... lets see what we can cook from it :p:p:p
    Uploading System Dump (Uploaded....)

He can n ot use shell commands because no root permission. The best he can do, it's made system dump via ad using SDK tools
    adb pull /system c:\your folder name

You made my day mate. Just uploading, the system dump. I will give you the link, wait for a while.

Edit: Uploaded................ Here you go
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9U_fspcsx23LUpJUTJaUkZRYUk/edit

Meanwhile, I am still unable to root my phone. I hope someone will help to do this.....
    OK best of luck guys. This dump will help to develop amazing custom roms and will bring some cheers on our G Pro mates, I believe. Again wish you good luck
    grd.jpg

[Android 4.4 Kit-Kat: check which devices will receive the update]

See if your machine will receive the new version of Android

The major release of Android 4.4 Kit - Kat is scheduled for this month. Surely , all Android users are waiting for that day with great anticipation ! The new version of the OS, based on Linux Kernel that supports new devices with little memory , is at hand. And then , is curious to know if your phone will get the update the new version of Android ?

To start , let's talk about those devices that are in the update right . Those who have Nexus devices can expect the upgrade to Android 4.4 . Those who own the Nexus 4 , 7 , 7 (2013 ) , 10 (2012 ) will be the lucky ones !

Others who have great chance to get the update are the main apparatus of large factories . These have 99 % chance to receive the new Android . Are these : Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and S4 . LG : LG G2 , G PAD , Optimus G, Optimus G Pro Now Sony : Sony Xperia Z , Xperia Z1 , Z Ultra . Also the HTC ONE , ONE Mini HTC and Moto X.

Still others who are likely to receive the update are: Galaxy Nexus , Galaxy Mini S4 , S4 Active , Sony Xperia ZQ , Galaxy S3 , S3 Mini , Note 2 , Motorola RAZR Motorola RAZR D1 and D3 .

However , what I found most interesting is that Google is interested in older devices . According to a statement from Google itself "the interest is that all of them have the incredible experience of using the Kit - Kat Android 4.4 on their devices ." Thus , this new update will encourage not only those with newer devices , but users with older devices . Usually when a new OS is released , it is designed to run with the new hardware in order to boost the sale of more modern equipment . Glad to know that Google cares about all of their customers , not only those who are always with the latest releases. Remembering that still will depend of manufacturers and their customizations for each device .

Source: http://mobilexpert.com.br/apps/outr...a-os-dispositivos-que-receberao-a-atualizacao

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99[/B]

[LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G

Android-KitKat-4.4.jpg

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough?

Android-KitKat-4.4

Maybe not shocking, but definitely unexpected. For a handful of reasons. One, the G is nearing its first birthday, being by all intents and purposes an “aging” handheld. Two, the 4.7-incher is still stuck on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, so one would assume a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade would be in the cards before a 4.4 makeover.

And three, does anyone even know the Optimus G exists? Not that it has aged very badly, but it’s, you know, almost archaic compared with current high-enders. It sports a 4.7-inch 720p display, 8 MP rear-facing camera in one of two configurations, plus a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU that’s no longer the proudest stallion in Qualcomm’s stable.

Not to mention it’s been followed by not one, but two top-notch LG devices, the Optimus G Pro and G2, the second of which is highly praised by a number of reviewers and simple tech-savvy individuals alike.

But let’s back up for a second. What makes us think the Optimus G will get an Android 4.4 bump in the first place? An alleged private Facebook conversation between an everyday LG user, I presume, and the guy (or gal) in charge of the company’s official French account

The exchange is pretty straightforward, with LG Electronics France very confidently claiming the Android 4.4 update is planned for “this October”, so there you go, case closed, congrats you lucky Optimus G owners.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but not so fast, because I’m not buying it. For one thing, this is a private FB conversation (emphasis on “private”), meaning it could have very easily been doctored since there’s no real, palpable proof it ever happened.

And even if it happened (jeez, I’m starting to sound like a character on the show “Newsroom”), social media people have been known to mess up dates, names and timeframes. What if they were actually talking about a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade and misinterpreted the question?

Then again (now I’m just grasping at straws), it’s not sooo far-fetched to think LG will get a front-row seat at the 4.4 rollout party. After all, they are making the Nexus 5, they’ve also helped build the N4, so maybe they’ve asked Big G for a bit of preferential treatment for a change. Could that be the case, what do you guys think

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99
    I GOT KIT KAT Installed !!!! blessings in disguise

Mates,

Last week I lost IMEI of My LG G Pro (E980 att) while flashing a ROM. Unfortunately, I did not keep the EFS backup of my phone. Then somehow I came into contact with a person who is working in "LG". I gave the phone to him and requested to solve the problem. After one day he returned the phone. When I booted it.... Boom!!!!, it is KitKat with LG UI skin(ATT version)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a BETA version, though!!!. And He said very soon (within a month or so) the kit is going to be updated in our beloved LG G Pro all over the world. So, Cheer up, The wait is going to end very soon.

Meanwhile, the performance of G Pro with KitKat is buttery smooth, and the 'Battery life' is awesome!

or you go here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9U_fspcsx23Z0pOMkFaaEQ0c2s/edit

Take a screenshot! Or it didn't happen lol.:p

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

edit: The jellybean rooting method is not working with this "ROM/Firmware" otherwise I would have shared the Backup files of this ROM.