Why does the YouTube app suck so bad?

Search This thread

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
As a big YouTube watcher I am so tired of this crap. I mean jeez I'm on pretty fast LTE and all I get is constant buffering. I can't watch an HD view for more then 30 seconds without it buffering for 5-10 seconds. And if I turn the HD off the picture looks so horrible I can barely make out what I'm watching. Anything that can be done to improve this?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361027572609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361027572609.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 543
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361027588760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361027588760.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 573

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Yea I think the YouTube app is having problems. Or YouTube itself is having issues.

I was on a fast wifi connection and could not even get normal non hd videos to play without ridiculous amounts of waiting and buffering. Forget hd, those just kept buffering and buffering on WiFi.

Probably youtubes servers

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMosley

AarSyl

Yea I think the YouTube app is having problems. Or YouTube itself is having issues.

I was on a fast wifi connection and could not even get normal non hd videos to play without ridiculous amounts of waiting and buffering. Forget hd, those just kept buffering and buffering on WiFi.

Has anyone tried using YouTube from a desktop computer to see exactly how prevalent these problems are?

mito8485

Apr 9, 2011
san antonio
As a big YouTube watcher I am so tired of this crap. I mean jeez I'm on pretty fast LTE and all I get is constant buffering. I can't watch an HD view for more then 30 seconds without it buffering for 5-10 seconds. And if I turn the HD off the picture looks so horrible I can barely make out what I'm watching. Anything that can be done to improve this?

Yeah the app is crap. I have the same issues on my nexus 7. What i do now is put the browser as default for playing videos. So now when i click on a link it opens up youtube from the browser and works flawless.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

As of today Youtube isn't running so hott on my desktop either just keeps skipping using chrome. I don't know if it has to do with my uverse or youtube servers. The funny thing is I just used the app on my phone and it played fine finally lol.

Reactions: BigMosley

waterbound

Jun 2, 2010
Maryland
Youtube (Google) buffers the streaming a lot in the past few years and getting worse. They are known to be prioritizing traffic lately which will result in buffering on YouTube Android, Windows, Linux, Ipod, Ipad etc etc etc.. Nothing to do with your connection, at least what you are referring to and nothing Sprint can do to help unfortunately.

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
On the YouTube video u have 1 bar of wifi and on the speedtest ur on 4g (lucky btw). Armrest ur YouTube works mines been busted it just stops buffering completely at 50 secs but during those 50 sec it doesn't buffer.

Edit just tried YouTube and it seems like the problem fixed its self it doesn't stop at 50 and I don't get any buffering at all

Last edited:

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
On the YouTube video u have 1 bar of wifi and on the speedtest ur on 4g (lucky btw). Armrest ur YouTube works mines been busted it just stops buffering completely at 50 secs but during those 50 sec it doesn't buffer

Its a screenshot of a YouTube video playing, that's not my phone. I stopped using my house WiFi all together since my area obtained 4G as a matter of fact I don't have it even setup yet since my last flash.

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!

JoshuaFCB

Jun 15, 2012
i have the same problem..(even on wifi) . so i stopped using app and instead access it from my phones stock browser. a lot better. im my opinion... its the youtube app.

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
I thought it was my internet...at least I know its not just me

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Try the YouTube app from milestone 2 that's the only YouTube app that works right for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was beginning to thunk that it was my internet. Even when I use TubeMate to download the videos before I watch them (which I usually do), I've noticed that the downloads run a LOT slower. I'm talking from 5MBps to 200KBps.

Well I guess the bright side is I'm not the only one experiencing this problem...:p

Yeah the app is crap. I have the same issues on my nexus 7. What i do now is put the browser as default for playing videos. So now when i click on a link it opens up youtube from the browser and works flawless.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

As of today Youtube isn't running so hott on my desktop either just keeps skipping using chrome. I don't know if it has to do with my uverse or youtube servers. The funny thing is I just used the app on my phone and it played fine finally lol.
    I think youtube was having problems a few days ago, I know I read something about server issues around that time.