[Q]Is this tablet bricked?

Search This thread

microwarz

Apr 29, 2014
Tablet is a off brand: QPS m006F-2
Spec sheet says Allwinner A20 CPU, but when booting, the first splash screen shows a logo for a Allwinner A31S.
Device was running factory 4.2 ROM with unlocked bootloader. Rooting was a matter of just downloading a app off the market.

Edited the /system/build.prop file for something unrelated to rooting, By pull/push with ADB. ADB showed the whole file uploaded. Upon reboot, it would get stuck at the Android splash screen. Tried pulling the Build.prop file to remove the change, only to find the file is blank. Stupidly I didn't save a backup of the file. Tried all the wipe/restore options in the factory recovery manager, none made a difference.

Couldn't find a exact ROM for this device. Couldn't find anything in the internal disk when browsing the file system through the factory recovery manager. I tried pushing CWM .img to the device, but could not see it in the recovery manager. Next I tried a function labeled "load from adb" in the recovery manager. It instructed to execute "adb sideload <filename>" from adb. I used TWRP 2.6 (Onda v811) from here, referenced by this post. This executed fine, upon reboot, TWRP comes up fine, but no screen touches or volume button presses do anything. So it seems since TWRP replaced the factory recovery manager, I now have no avenue to load anything else on the device. The device also no longer shows up for ADB now that TWRP has been installed. So am I out of luck and this thing is bricked?

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Tablet is a off brand: QPS m006F-2
Spec sheet says Allwinner A20 CPU, but when booting, the first splash screen shows a logo for a Allwinner A31S.
Device was running factory 4.2 ROM with unlocked bootloader. Rooting was a matter of just downloading a app off the market.

Edited the /system/build.prop file for something unrelated to rooting, By pull/push with ADB. ADB showed the whole file uploaded. Upon reboot, it would get stuck at the Android splash screen. Tried pulling the Build.prop file to remove the change, only to find the file is blank. Stupidly I didn't save a backup of the file. Tried all the wipe/restore options in the factory recovery manager, none made a difference.

Couldn't find a exact ROM for this device. Couldn't find anything in the internal disk when browsing the file system through the factory recovery manager. I tried pushing CWM .img to the device, but could not see it in the recovery manager. Next I tried a function labeled "load from adb" in the recovery manager. It instructed to execute "adb sideload <filename>" from adb. I used TWRP 2.6 (Onda v811) from here, referenced by this post. This executed fine, upon reboot, TWRP comes up fine, but no screen touches or volume button presses do anything. So it seems since TWRP replaced the factory recovery manager, I now have no avenue to load anything else on the device. The device also no longer shows up for ADB now that TWRP has been installed. So am I out of luck and this thing is bricked?

if your device is not booting and shows only company logo then it is soft bricked