[ROM][04.05.2012] Cyanofree

Search This thread

xaoc747

Feb 5, 2008
Kazan
forum.xda-developers.info
Team Cyanofree:
Santa-Claus_16

Attention! Rom not have support by official Cyanogen.
This port not official, "as is"!

Update till version 20120504!
from "CyanogenMod":

galaxys2: support for samsungs isSeparatedStream (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
libmedia: renamed cflag for samsungs isSeparatedStream() (android_frameworks_base)
Added "Support for emojis" on the MMS app (android_packages_apps_Mms)

from Cyanofree:
All from previous builds and updates!

Download Cyanofree (20120504)
Download Mirror

Attention! SD Card (external one) is mounted now as /mnt/sdcard, the Internal memory is mounted as /mnt/emmc. You can trade memories' places in Settings/Storage then soft button Menu/Storage Configuration, check box and reboot.

Description:
Unfortunately CyanogenMod team do not support SGN, Cyanofree fix this problem at higher possible level. Cyanofree - is a Galaxy S II ROM ported for Galaxy Note, as SGN is very close to SGS2 that already has CM9 support. CM9 for SGS2 is the base for Note mod, so we have 99% working CM9 ROM for SGN.
Why 99%?
First of all the kernel used by Cyanofree if the kernel from the leak of official ICS ROM for SGN. CM9 use their own kernel made from official kernel sources. Kernel souces for SGN will be avalable only after official release of SGN ICS ROM. There is a chance that CM team will start to support officially our device.
Secondly as I'm not a member of CM team I'm not have to follow their rules and licenses, so I can add necessary apps and patches in my ROM.
What is the difference between Cyanogen and other CM based ROMs:
First - quick updates, I have enough of free time to adopt new nightlies for SGS2 to SGN very quickly.
Second - I try to clean all tails of SGS2.
Third - necessary patches are in ROM. For example: SPen has no mouse arrow, no ad in most apps, CPU profiles are turned on, cold start of GPS is optimized and other small goodies to make life better.
What we have:
We have 99% working, probleme free ROM with quick updates

Attention! External SD card mount to /mnt/emmc, /mnt/sdcard/ - internal SD card.

Installations

var 1. if you are on 2.3.6
1. instal Mobile Odin
2. flash REPACK_LP1 CF
3. wait booting of Rom
4. go to CWM and flash Cyanofree
5. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik

var 2. if you are on any Rom of imilka ver. 0x
1. go to CWM and flash Cyanofree
2. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik

var 3. if you are on any ICS Rom
1. like var 2, but if not working - var 1

flash new version of Cyanofree:
2. make Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik (data not erased)

recoil to GB 2.3.6:
1. flash any CF-ROOT kernel through CWM (maybe possible to flash any 2.3.6 kernels)
2. Reboot recovery
3. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik
4. flash any Rom you want, or make backup

Not working/not implemented/bugs:
1. button on S-Pen - not working

Unfortunately, Santa_Claus_16 also got hardware problems with his Note (bricked!)!
For this reason, future development is suspeneded.
Your donations could considerably speed up the repearing process.
:
Yandex.Moneys - 41001294569139
PayPal - sc16me@gmail.com

xaoc747 for tests, imilka for advice (without him I would not understand), and other testers for their responsiveness.
THANK's!!!

thx for correct translation: 200mpx

Attachments

• b5af17207a61053a213c70dbc40f3521.png
    b5af17207a61053a213c70dbc40f3521.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 8,147
  • Screenshot_2012_04_12_14_48_51.png
    Screenshot_2012_04_12_14_48_51.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 8,625
Last edited:

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
Please stop!!!!!!!! Just flashed your v2 and now this. Please now i have to flash again. :D More pictures please. Did you make it?

Q2V

May 11, 2006
This is good when we have CM update nightly for Note. Like CM style, simple, clean UI. Dont like other custom UI from HTC with Sense or Samsung touch widge.

Thx

DJ-Tumor

Mar 25, 2012
Viersen
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 7
Why don´t you connect with imilka? Since you are working on the same, wouldn´t it make sense to combine powers?
I see it coming someone.....get´s pissed and in the end...there will be nothing left...just like AOKP. Chris pissed of Jamie.
Jamie quit and Chris is "gone with the wind".

And finally...currently I see no reason to switch to this one since it has no plus to offer over imilka´s for Germans ;)

Last edited:

gutsyheron

Oct 7, 2010
klagenfurt
twitter.com
Why don´t you connect with imilka? Since you are working on the same, wouldn´t it make sense to combine powers?
I see it coming someone.....get´s pissed and in the end...there will be nothing left...just like AOKP. Chris pissed of Jamie.
Jamie quit and Chris is "gone with the wind".

And finally...currently I see no reason to switch to this one since it has no plus to offer over imilka´s for Germans ;)

+1

arash64a

Nov 21, 2009
Thaanks for this rom, i install this rom and i start to test it, so smooth and fast...
Thaaaaaaaanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Cyanofree:
    Santa-Claus_16

Attention! Rom not have support by official Cyanogen.
    This port not official, "as is"!

Update till version 20120504!
    from "CyanogenMod":

galaxys2: support for samsungs isSeparatedStream (android_device_samsung_galaxys2)
    libmedia: renamed cflag for samsungs isSeparatedStream() (android_frameworks_base)
    Added "Support for emojis" on the MMS app (android_packages_apps_Mms)

from Cyanofree:
    All from previous builds and updates!

Download Cyanofree (20120504)
    Download Mirror

Attention! SD Card (external one) is mounted now as /mnt/sdcard, the Internal memory is mounted as /mnt/emmc. You can trade memories' places in Settings/Storage then soft button Menu/Storage Configuration, check box and reboot.

Description:
    Unfortunately CyanogenMod team do not support SGN, Cyanofree fix this problem at higher possible level. Cyanofree - is a Galaxy S II ROM ported for Galaxy Note, as SGN is very close to SGS2 that already has CM9 support. CM9 for SGS2 is the base for Note mod, so we have 99% working CM9 ROM for SGN.
    Why 99%?
    First of all the kernel used by Cyanofree if the kernel from the leak of official ICS ROM for SGN. CM9 use their own kernel made from official kernel sources. Kernel souces for SGN will be avalable only after official release of SGN ICS ROM. There is a chance that CM team will start to support officially our device.
    Secondly as I'm not a member of CM team I'm not have to follow their rules and licenses, so I can add necessary apps and patches in my ROM.
    What is the difference between Cyanogen and other CM based ROMs:
    First - quick updates, I have enough of free time to adopt new nightlies for SGS2 to SGN very quickly.
    Second - I try to clean all tails of SGS2.
    Third - necessary patches are in ROM. For example: SPen has no mouse arrow, no ad in most apps, CPU profiles are turned on, cold start of GPS is optimized and other small goodies to make life better.
    What we have:
    We have 99% working, probleme free ROM with quick updates

Attention! External SD card mount to /mnt/emmc, /mnt/sdcard/ - internal SD card.

Installations

var 1. if you are on 2.3.6
    1. instal Mobile Odin
    2. flash REPACK_LP1 CF
    3. wait booting of Rom
    4. go to CWM and flash Cyanofree
    5. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik

var 2. if you are on any Rom of imilka ver. 0x
    2. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik

var 3. if you are on any ICS Rom
    1. like var 2, but if not working - var 1

flash new version of Cyanofree:
    2. make Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik (data not erased)

recoil to GB 2.3.6:
    1. flash any CF-ROOT kernel through CWM (maybe possible to flash any 2.3.6 kernels)
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. make Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Davlik
    4. flash any Rom you want, or make backup

Not working/not implemented/bugs:
    1. button on S-Pen - not working

Unfortunately, Santa_Claus_16 also got hardware problems with his Note (bricked!)!
    For this reason, future development is suspeneded.
    Your donations could considerably speed up the repearing process.
    :
    Yandex.Moneys - 41001294569139
    PayPal - sc16me@gmail.com

xaoc747 for tests, imilka for advice (without him I would not understand), and other testers for their responsiveness.
    THANK's!!!

thx for correct translation: 200mpx
    Small Update to version 20120414:
    I'm tired of waiting for a new assembly, see CM will lay it no earlier than tomorrow ...
    Update 20120414_1 DOWNLOAD

Update report feature in itself:
    Barometer (thanks imilka)
    Full Russification Trebuchet
    Removed all the tails of the Galaxy S2
    The camera shoots to mp4 for 480p, 720p, 1080p (H.264, AAC, Stereo, higher bit-rate)

Put on top of the current assembly (20120414), the data is not lost.
    Update to version 20120425 is available!
    Cyanofree20120425.zip
    Description appear later, I'm not good at languages​​, so wait Xaoc747.

P.S. Gallery fix on board)
    Update to version 20120429 is available!
    Cyanofree20120429.zip
    Description appear later, I'm not good at languages​​, so wait Xaoc747.
    Updated in OP! Flash'n'Test!