Is there any wato wake from screen-off with the menu, back or home button?

Search This thread

banquish

Nov 24, 2012
As the title. I don't use a lockscreen and when I want to use my phone I just want to press a button & return to my last position.
The home button as it takes me back to my launcher.
I can't use the lockscreen button because the button needs to be pushed quite hard due to being in an Otterbox case.

Any ideas?

Sent from my stock, rooted i747

MobileNick

Jan 12, 2011
Portland, OR
Are you using stock TouchWiz launcher or something else? I know some like Nova, etc., have the ability to assign what the Home button does. If you set it to "do nothing" - maybe it will just wake the phone and you'll still be in your last position?

banquish

Nov 24, 2012
The home button also send me back to the launcher. It doesn't simply reopen the last active state.

I'm using nova launcher. I the Hutton crions it has only works when I'm at the launcher, not in the active app.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
The home button also send me back to the launcher. It doesn't simply reopen the last active state.

I'm using nova launcher. I the Hutton crions it has only works when I'm at the launcher, not in the active app.

I'm not sure then. Button remapping is sorta what you're looking for but can't really get that on stock.

Lockscreen might be your solution for now? :silly:

banquish

Nov 24, 2012
I tried remapping. It just disabled my home/menu/back buttons. lol
I'm weary of custom roms for privacy & stability issues. I've tried some before but I feel as though it's too easy to slip in a back door without my knowledge. But I'm also a little paranoid. So maybe I should just suck it up and switch