[Q] I am a stupid

Search This thread

sbugra

Dec 17, 2009
Istanbul
www.sbugra.net
I nucked up BIG time.

I had xxuamdk 4.2.2 i somehow* managed to upgrade from kies. now i have xxuemj8 4.3 BUT no network connection my imei has not changed at all. I tried upgrading radio via odin but no luck lots of radios didn't even worked. workking ones cannot registered on network. i tried installing other roms and no luck.

BUT something is fishy in here. when my phone says not registered on network. i tried calling myself from land line i got ring tone. but there isnt any action om my galaxy. when i turn on airplane mode i got carriers unreachable message.

*there is stupidity. i still cannot believe myself WHY I DID IT. I didn't even back up my efs.

So i don't know how to deal with it. What should i do???

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
I nucked up BIG time.

I had xxuamdk 4.2.2 i somehow* managed to upgrade from kies. now i have xxuemj8 4.3 BUT no network connection my imei has not changed at all. I tried upgrading radio via odin but no luck lots of radios didn't even worked. workking ones cannot registered on network. i tried installing other roms and no luck.

BUT something is fishy in here. when my phone says not registered on network. i tried calling myself from land line i got ring tone. but there isnt any action om my galaxy. when i turn on airplane mode i got carriers unreachable message.

*there is stupidity. i still cannot believe myself WHY I DID IT. I didn't even back up my efs.

Download latest stock 4.3 firmware from Sammobile and flash in PDA section of Odin.

that may fix it.

Reactions: sbugra

[SP]JESTER

Aug 1, 2009
Starkvegas
i had this happen to my cspire phone today. It wont get past activation right?? Mine would try to activate on first one and go to different carrier like verizon, 2nd one just wouldnt activate at all. It acts like the modem is wrong but the sim card app's will tell you that its fully functional as does the settings menu, its just stuck in ROAMING mode.. I went through 2 of them this morning, My 2nd would keep trying to activate and then say no sim and crash out, so odin it back to samsung official status and go claim your warranty and don't touch it again. I did both with the knox 0x1 and far as i know that doesn't hold anything against your hardware warranty. Company should approve it as long as you have their original software back on there in the locked state.

Reactions: sbugra

sbugra

Dec 17, 2009
Istanbul
www.sbugra.net
i had this happen to my cspire phone today. It wont get past activation right?? Mine would try to activate on first one and go to different carrier like verizon, 2nd one just wouldnt activate at all. It acts like the modem is wrong but the sim card app's will tell you that its fully functional as does the settings menu, its just stuck in ROAMING mode.. I went through 2 of them this morning, My 2nd would keep trying to activate and then say no sim and crash out, so odin it back to samsung official status and go claim your warranty and don't touch it again. I did both with the knox 0x1 and far as i know that doesn't hold anything against your hardware warranty. Company should approve it as long as you have their original software back on there in the locked state.

thanks for your advice dude but i couldn't care less about warranty i have friend work in there but i dont have time to go there and i cant be away my phone for my job for more than 1 hour. even right now i have wifi hot spot to use my phone. i have to fix it or i will have to buy a new one.

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
OK try this.

Flash a custom recovery, Philz is my recommendation.

Boot to recovery (hold volume up +power)

Them in recovery menu go to mounts and storage and format System, cache, data, pre load.

Now flash stock ROM again and keep fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

[SP]JESTER

Aug 1, 2009
Starkvegas
thanks for your advice dude but i couldn't care less about warranty i have friend work in there but i dont have time to go there and i cant be away my phone for my job for more than 1 hour. even right now i have wifi hot spot to use my phone. i have to fix it or i will have to buy a new one.

Just telling you man the carrier couldnt even fix mine with their forced data fix from their system. The phone gets screwed up and not even odin can bring it back. You can get someone to pull your modem from their rom and try to flash over but it will fail. Once its there its like it cant untake it. I returned 2 by warranty today, im done with messing with this pos phone if thats all its going to do for me. But go in the store tell them the sim card went bad, they will piddle with it and try another card and it will do same crap, then they will finally break down and offer u a warranty phone. Mine were FREE!! You said you cant be away from the phone for more than 1 hour, well at this rate NOTHING is coming through your device at this point?? So your hotspot does nothing if the phone doesn't have a data connection? Mine would get stuck with the roaming triangle, you could do 611 and hang up and 4g would come on but then go away again. If thats the case you'd save time and hassle by just taking it in with official a odin full restore flash on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I nucked up BIG time.

Download latest stock 4.3 firmware from Sammobile and flash in PDA section of Odin.

that may fix it.