[Q] Ooops I physically broke my phone - Anyone help with fixing?

Search This thread

rob.sparrow

Jan 31, 2014
Love my phone but had large phone in small pockets and upshot is it fell out and I accidentally drop kicked it across the room. :eek:

The plastic piece under the power and volume buttons broke and created a disconnect with the power (constant restarts and even booted into safe mode) so I had to remove it to stop the plastic from continuing to jam the power button.

I have ordered a replacement front/sides for the phone but searched high and low for a fix-it or tear down video.

Anyone know how I can get the old one off and the new one on?

Any Videos around?

The phone is usable but I would prefer it whole. Can anyone help?

Cheers.

rob.sparrow

Jan 31, 2014
Thanks Both

Thanks Both, will have a look and see what I can do when the replacement parts wing their way to me.

gonzstyrer

Jan 21, 2010
Thank you very much for this manual which assisted me in the teardown of my Z Ultra.

I broke the screen in my pocket, glass and digitizer were broke making the phone useless.

The only thing missing was taking the coverglass/lcd off the frame, seems Sony replaces screen and frame as one unit.
I used one of the various guides for Xperia Z, heat and prying tool, and im now ready to put a new screen in, trying to find the best deal now.

the repair manuals are online somewhere...
re uploaded them to mega https://mega.co.nz/#!pxljAbQL!FU8EMRrrGvLPOHc0BlK5ubp1L0e6voYt5tH1Y1ZQu5A
and I have seen a teardown video on youtube somewhere...