Unmount USB Flash OTG Storage

Search This thread

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
Is there a faster way to unmount a usb flash drive than going through Settings>Storage>Unmount? Tried to find a way to add a shortcut but doesn't seem option is available. I tried StickMount but when I unmount through that, it says the drive has been unmounted but it has not. It still shows up in the file explorer. And going to Settings>Storage shows it's still mounted. I would prefer if there was something in the notification panel (like what StickMount adds) or a Quick Settings tile I could just tap to unmount completely. Anyone know of an Xposed mod or something that can add this? Or a custom ROM that has this built in?

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Is there a faster way to unmount a usb flash drive than going through Settings>Storage>Unmount? Tried to find a way to add a shortcut but doesn't seem option is available. I tried StickMount but when I unmount through that, it says the drive has been unmounted but it has not. It still shows up in the file explorer. And going to Settings>Storage shows it's still mounted. I would prefer if there was something in the notification panel (like what StickMount adds) or a Quick Settings tile I could just tap to unmount completely. Anyone know of an Xposed mod or something that can add this? Or a custom ROM that has this built in?

Uhm just unplug it. If the app that was using it has been terminated then the drive is not being read or written too any longer and data would not be corrupted. Android is not like a PC in the fact it constantly monitors a USB drive changes. So just unplug it. I do it all the time and have never had an issue.

Reactions: sharksfan7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Uhm just unplug it. If the app that was using it has been terminated then the drive is not being read or written too any longer and data would not be corrupted. Android is not like a PC in the fact it constantly monitors a USB drive changes. So just unplug it. I do it all the time and have never had an issue.