[Q] "/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Search This thread

wardy277

Feb 1, 2009
[Q] "/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Hi,

I have stock rooted Android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 5. I use xposed for all my ROM like needs. When the OTA update downlaoded i remembered before i had a bit of trouble due to app_process having unexpected results, whic hwas casued by xposed. So i have disabled/xposed but the error i am getting on flashing is:

Code:
"/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Does anyone know what would have caused this? an xposed module perhaps? I thought may be another app so i uninstalled busybox (through the app) but its still throwing the error.

Does anyone know what the cause may be? I have found the full image for 4.4.3 but the alt time i updated the factory images from Google it formatted my data and my sdcard partition, so i wouldn't not like to do that again. Is there another way to flash the full image, not just the patch?

Chris

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Hi,

I have stock rooted Android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 5. I use xposed for all my ROM like needs. When the OTA update downlaoded i remembered before i had a bit of trouble due to app_process having unexpected results, whic hwas casued by xposed. So i have disabled/xposed but the error i am getting on flashing is:

Code:
"/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Does anyone know what would have caused this? an xposed module perhaps? I thought may be another app so i uninstalled busybox (through the app) but its still throwing the error.

Does anyone know what the cause may be? I have found the full image for 4.4.3 but the alt time i updated the factory images from Google it formatted my data and my sdcard partition, so i wouldn't not like to do that again. Is there another way to flash the full image, not just the patch?

Chris

Flash boot.img, cache.img, system.img and the new radio manually (don't use flash-all.bat or flash-all.sh) in fastboot and it won't wipe your data and sdcard.

Also if you don't want to do that, try taking the original /system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar out of the 4.4.2 factory image and copying it to your phone, and clear cache/dalvik afterwards.

You probably changed something else that requires root access, anything small could stop the OTA from working so I recommend you just flash the .img files with fastboot.

Last edited:

wardy277

Feb 1, 2009
I disabled xposed from within the xposed installed app (it was label uninstall).

I have used the factory images to restore the images manually and it hasn't wiped my data which is nice.

thank you for the help!

Reactions: Elluel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I disabled xposed from within the xposed installed app (it was label uninstall).

I have used the factory images to restore the images manually and it hasn't wiped my data which is nice.

thank you for the help!