[Q] Software Issue, Help?

Search This thread

StorTre

Aug 16, 2014
Hey fellow xda members! I've had my oneplus for probably a couple of weeks now and have loved it until this issue I'm having since the 4.4.4 update. So, it all started after the update the phone rebooted and I kept getting messages saying unfortunately cm logger has stopped. Same with the calender app which now force closes every time I go to open it. Upon the issues surfacing first thing I try is to uninstall and reinstall updates on the apps for the calendar which didn't resolve this issue so currently I just have it disabled. After that I decided well if I have to I will just do a factory reset. To my surprise I actually am unable to do a factory reset and just says it fails part way in. Hopefully some people around the forum with more cyanogen knowledge than myself can help me out! Ticket is already submitted to customer support but just want to attempt asking here as well in case it is something anyone can help me with. Feel free to leave suggestions to try I am willing to do anything to help it. Thanks a lot!

I found some information over at the OPO forum but no for sure answers. One idea was to unlock the bootloader because it causes an automatic reset since I can not do one from CM Recovery. Anyone feel free to comment on if this would work.

Sincerely,

Jackson

P.S. I am still pretty new to the whole modding of android devices and may not know common practices known by most people on the forum so feel free to add a little more description with a potential fix)

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hey fellow xda members! I've had my oneplus for probably a couple of weeks now and have loved it until this issue I'm having since the 4.4.4 update. So, it all started after the update the phone rebooted and I kept getting messages saying unfortunately cm logger has stopped. Same with the calender app which now force closes every time I go to open it. Upon the issues surfacing first thing I try is to uninstall and reinstall updates on the apps for the calendar which didn't resolve this issue so currently I just have it disabled. After that I decided well if I have to I will just do a factory reset. To my surprise I actually am unable to do a factory reset and just says it fails part way in. Hopefully some people around the forum with more cyanogen knowledge than myself can help me out! Ticket is already submitted to customer support but just want to attempt asking here as well in case it is something anyone can help me with. Feel free to leave suggestions to try I am willing to do anything to help it. Thanks a lot!

I found some information over at the OPO forum but no for sure answers. One idea was to unlock the bootloader because it causes an automatic reset since I can not do one from CM Recovery. Anyone feel free to comment on if this would work.

Sincerely,

Jackson

P.S. I am still pretty new to the whole modding of android devices and may not know common practices known by most people on the forum so feel free to add a little more description with a potential fix)
If your phone is acting up and ready to wipe everything ..Just go to settings..back up and reset..It will erase all..like you just bought the phone..Make sure you back up your fules or what not that you need..

StorTre

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks for the reply but my issue is, I actually can't factory reset it because I receive an issue/error whenever I attempt it.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
Google Pixel 8 Pro
stock recovery

Thanks for the reply but my issue is, I actually can't factory reset it because I receive an issue/error whenever I attempt it.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app[/QUO

what kind of error?..If it wont let you do factory reset while the phone is on Do it thru stock recovery..Turn your phone off..Hold power+ volume up. and do it form there..use the volume key to navigate. data factory reset.. you can wipe cache too..

racky29

Nov 5, 2012
west midlands
Unlock the bootloader, this will reset the phone like its new again
This will also make things easy if you ever decide to root, and you can also flash twrp recovery
One thing to note, this is important, your SD storage will also be erased, so move any data from it to a PC or Google drive etc.

Bootloader unlock is your best bet, this will help your situation in more ways than one.
There's plenty of guides in one plus forum.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Unlock the bootloader, this will reset the phone like its new again
This will also make things easy if you ever decide to root, and you can also flash twrp recovery
One thing to note, this is important, your SD storage will also be erased, so move any data from it to a PC or Google drive etc.

Bootloader unlock is your best bet, this will help your situation in more ways than one.
There's plenty of guides in one plus forum.
Do you realise you're replying to a thread that's a year old?