[Q] XSharedPreferences - never loaded

Search This thread

TheLexus

Jun 4, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm currently a little bit confused because i try to create my first XPosed module for Xposed 2.6.1 on a Android 4.0.3 unit but i have trouble with my preferences. I tried multiple things but it was never working.

Here is the preferences code of my Settings activity. That one works and it creates a the preference file with rw-rw-r permissions and the preferences are correctly saved.

Code:
getPreferenceManager().setSharedPreferencesMode(MODE_WORLD_READABLE | MODE_MULTI_PROCESS);
getPreferenceManager().setSharedPreferencesName(Const.PACKAGE + "_preferences");
addPreferencesFromResource(R.xml.preferences);

That one is the xposed side snippet:

Code:
preferences = new XSharedPreferences(Const.PACKAGE, Const.PACKAGE+"_preferences");
if (preferences.getAll().size()==0)
{
  debug("Preferences seems not to be initialized!");
}

It never loads any of my preferences. I tried the constructor XSharedPreferences(Const.PACKAGE) instead, but without any luck...

I checked the directory permissions of the settings directory, and that one seems to be correct (rwxrwxr-x).

Thanks for every help!

Bye

Last edited:

TheLexus

Jun 4, 2011
It is set to the hardcoded package Name. No class.getPackage... I added a file.isreadable and it returns false. I dont know, im just out oft any ideas. :(

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
It is set to the hardcoded package Name. No class.getPackage... I added a file.isreadable and it returns false. I dont know, im just out oft any ideas. :(
Is there any reason why you set MODE_MULTI_PROCESS? Can you please try removing it, delete your preference file and try again?
In my UI I open SharedPreferences from <packagename>_preferences.xml
getSharedPreferences(Common.PREFERENCES_NAME, Context.MODE_WORLD_READABLE)
and in the module I open the settings via
new XSharedPreferences(Common.PACKAGE_NAME);

Please remove your current preferences file and the MODE_MULTI_PROCESS and try the code from above.

caioketo

Mar 4, 2011
So you found any way to make it work??
I ran into the same problem, I set the preferences by the code:
SharedPreferences.Editor editor = LogExtras.getAppContext().getSharedPreferences(Commons.PACKAGE_NAME, Context.MODE_WORLD_READABLE).edit();
editor.putString("package_to_look", _packageToLook);

And when I try to get it from the module it always returns size 0
private static final XSharedPreferences preferences = new XSharedPreferences(Commons.PACKAGE_NAME, Commons.PACKAGE_NAME+"_preferences");

public static void refreshPreferences() {
Log.d("Utils", "reading prefs");
preferences.reload();
Log.d("Utils", Integer.toString(preferences.getAll().size()));
Commons.PACKAGE_TO_LOOK = preferences.getString("package_to_look", Commons.PACKAGE_TO_LOOK);
log("Package to Look: " + Commons.PACKAGE_TO_LOOK);
}

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I tested the prefs in the context, and it works, only in xposed it dont load.
So I got the app saving the pref and reading the pref working, but when I try to read the pref with XSharedPreference, the size is always 0.
Already tried everything, but nothing works.

Reactions: Maxr1998

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
SharedPreferences.Editor editor = LogExtras.getAppContext().getSharedPreferences(Commons.PACKAGE_NAME, Context.MODE_WORLD_READABLE).edit();

private static final XSharedPreferences preferences = new XSharedPreferences(Commons.PACKAGE_NAME, Commons.PACKAGE_NAME+"_preferences");

preferences.reload();
Commons.PACKAGE_TO_LOOK = preferences.getString("package_to_look", Commons.PACKAGE_TO_LOOK);
}

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

So I got the app saving the pref and reading the pref working, but when I try to read the pref with XSharedPreference, the size is always 0.

I have a similar problem, but only for one preference:
Code:
public class Main implements IXposedHookZygoteInit, IXposedHookLoadPackage {

public static final String MY_PACKAGE_NAME = Main.class.getPackage().getName();
    private static XSharedPreferences pref, packagePref;

@Override
    public void initZygote(StartupParam startupParam) throws Throwable {
        pref = new XSharedPreferences(MY_PACKAGE_NAME, Common.PREF);
        packagePref = new XSharedPreferences(MY_PACKAGE_NAME, Common.PREF_PACKAGE);
    }

@Override
    public void handleLoadPackage(LoadPackageParam lpparam) throws Throwable {
        pref.reload();
        packagePref.reload();
        final String packageName = lpparam.packageName;

boolean masterSwitchOn = pref.getBoolean(Common.MASTER_SWITCH, true);
        XposedBridge.log("Master Switch " + (masterSwitchOn ? "on" : "off"));
        if (!masterSwitchOn) {
            return;
        }

if (!packagePref.getBoolean(packageName, false)) {
            return;
        }

Long timestamp = System.currentTimeMillis();
        Long permitTimestamp = packagePref.getLong(packageName + "_tmp", 0);
        if (permitTimestamp != 0 && timestamp - permitTimestamp <= 4000) {
            return;
        }
}

So, the package boolean works, the master switch doesn't…

It only seems to work after opening and closing the app multiple times.

Last edited:

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012

Are you sure that your app saves the file to shared_prefs/<packagename>_preferences.xml? Better verify it using a file explorer. It's the default for preference activities, but it might not be for the methods you use.

Similar stuff here. Does your application really save the preferences in two different files, named shared_prefs/<Value of Common.PREF>.xml and shared_prefs/<Value of Common.PREF_PACKAGE>.xml? If yes, are both of these files world-readable?

Reactions: Maxr1998

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

preferences.reload();
    }

Are you sure that your app saves the file to shared_prefs/<packagename>_preferences.xml? Better verify it using a file explorer. It's the default for preference activities, but it might not be for the methods you use.

Similar stuff here. Does your application really save the preferences in two different files, named shared_prefs/<Value of Common.PREF>.xml and shared_prefs/<Value of Common.PREF_PACKAGE>.xml? If yes, are both of these files world-readable?