[TOOL] 11/Nov r2: BackToEXT3 - for converting your device, er, back to EXT3

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
If you have been using a EXT4 ROM and you want to restore a stock ROM that only has EXT3 support, it's a bit of a faff. Introducing BackToEXT3. :D

This ClockworkMod update zip simply converts your /system, /data and cache partitions back to EXT3. It wipes them both in the process, so you need to have an existing backup / ROM to restore to.
  • r2 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 90a891b9199913655dd622127bba3f70
HTH! :D

P

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
OK, Mr. Productivity ;) :p
But I think, you love this phone very much, isn't it?

2dorr

Jan 15, 2007
Bucharest
After installing FR12 custom ROM Vanilla Edition on my phone, I wanted to get back to stock so I installed - back to ext3 zip. Then when I tried to restore the stoc ROM, I got the error MD5 mismatch!

I want to specify that I tried a custom ROM before but with ext3, and I had no problem to return to the stock ROM.

DarthD

Apr 11, 2010
Tool worked fine for me. fr10 back to stock.

Md5 error probably means ur nandroidbackup is damaged

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

MaBlo

Dec 21, 2010
After installing FR12 custom ROM Vanilla Edition on my phone, I wanted to get back to stock so I installed - back to ext3 zip. Then when I tried to restore the stoc ROM, I got the error MD5 mismatch!

I want to specify that I tried a custom ROM before but with ext3, and I had no problem to return to the stock ROM.

Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/5v3zqcj ;)

Edit: To late, and I've always wanted to do that. Bah

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: 2dorr

bobbyice

Sep 28, 2009
Sorry guys, please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm trying to get it back to stock.
1. Copy img to ext SD card
2. Reboot into recovery e.g. CWM
3. update BackTOEXT3 image with CWM
4. run nandroid to restore stock image

Am I right? I keep getting stuck at the LG screen :confused:

gerardroid

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 15, 2010
zwollywood
Sorry guys, please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm trying to get it back to stock.

maybe you need the newest Baseband version (20110622)if ofcourse if you didnt already install it

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011

What "img" are you talking about? Nandroid restore is for restoring a previous backup, not for flashing a rom image.

If you want to flash a stock rom image, you need to use smartflash or nvflash, unless you want to flash the 0622 one, which someone made available in CWM format. (Not completely stock though, as it is prerooted etc.)

::Trym

xda<3

Jul 6, 2011
Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I needed to restore and this did the trick! I need to return the phone since it's defective. You saved me life!

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
please tell me is there any flashable which can convert to ext4?
It will be useful to convert from ext3 to ext4 before restoring a nandroid backup which was taken earlier from EXT4.

Top Liked Posts