[APP][22.09.2011][v1.1] NoMoarPowah! - Charging screen replacement - ROOT

Search This thread

ajparag

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai
Would you provide us with the .cfg file, i'm stuck reading the code and it's a real mind blower, Basically i'm interested in modifying it to get it to work on my Phone, Huawei U8180.

@CHAINFIRE - plz b kind enough to reply to the above request.

plz somebody post a video showing demonstration of this amazing app. also, kindly take initiative and create a common database where all files related to this app can be saved. it will be very useful for others.

CheekyLord

Jul 15, 2011
Cologne, DE
i asked him (Chainfire) about that 'time diff. bug' 4-5 month ago...but i never heard something from him to solve that issue.

I think he likes my money but not to support me..!! Bad but true..! :(
---

SentFrom XDA ForumApp by ICS SGS-I9K

CalInTheZone

Dec 23, 2008
Copenhagen
i asked him (Chainfire) about that 'time diff. bug' 4-5 month ago...but i never heard something from him to solve that issue.

I think he likes my money but not to support me..!! Bad but true..! :(
---

SentFrom XDA ForumApp by ICS SGS-I9K

I know the feeling... ICS only works using his kernel and I don't like his kernel...

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk2

carlosivan3

Jan 10, 2007
Madrid
Bought for support, boy!

Just want to report that in SGS+ touch is not working at all.
No complains, I knew about supported devices before buying.

As a suggestion I would map Vol+ to toggle the reboot at 15%
Also Vol- for the 100% and menu key for reboot now.

It will help a lot for those of us without touch support.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

pandemik.0

Aug 17, 2009
Wellington
Bought for support, boy!

Just want to report that in SGS+ touch is not working at all.
No complains, I knew about supported devices before buying.

As a suggestion I would map Vol+ to toggle the reboot at 15%
Also Vol- for the 100% and menu key for reboot now.

It will help a lot for those of us without touch support.

+1 for good suggestion. My SGS2 as per my sig, touch is not working in this app.

carlosivan3

Jan 10, 2007
Madrid
I have to report also a I9000 without touch...
and without button support!

It's running ICS 4.0.4 over Semaphore kernel 1.0.0, so say it's not the usual I9000

I think it may have something to do either with the new position scheme (changed a lot) or maybe with the kernel.
I would like to identify the exact issue, just for personal curiosity.

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
CwM_NoMoarPowah-Theme_Ironheart_v1.0stockblue-GalaxyTab.zip

Ok, so I will be the 1st one... :D

- Replaced the PNGs with custom logo (SGS2-branded) & reboot
- font is now rendered with "Sengue UI"

I hope you'll like this one. ;)

EDIT:
- added 'plain' theme (black&white)
- added 'stockblue' theme (logo, alarm, reboot in blue)

INSTALLATION:

- download the attached ZIP to your SD-card
- download/buy Chainfire's NoMoarPowah! from the Market
- start the app & grant su-rights
- click on "install system files" inside the app

- boot into ClockworkMod-Recovery (>3.0.0.0) and flash the ZIP
OR
- remount "/system" writeable and push the all the extracted PNG-files to "/system/nomoarpowah"

SCREENSHOTS:

- look at the attachments!

Thanks, ironheart. I replaced logo.png with original Galaxy Tab logo, for Tab users.

Anyone know if there is a way to change the dimming timeouts? It dimms too fast for me. I would like a few seconds to appreciate the charging screen before it goes blank.

Cheers!

Attachments

• CwM_NoMoarPowah-Theme_Ironheart_v1.0stockblue-GalaxyTab.zip
    305.1 KB · Views: 4,092
  • DSC01665.jpg
    DSC01665.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 5,252

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
NoMoarPowah! replaces that boring charging animation when your phone is turned off but connected to the charger with a fully functional program!

NoMoarPowah! can automatically reboot into Android when charging is done. Either when fully charged, or when the battery level reaches 15% and Android has enough juice to run.

But wait, there's more! NoMoarPowah! can also reboot at a custom time. It will even suggest times based on your currently set alarms, so your phone will be rebooted just before the alarm goes off and you need to wake up! This way you can be sure nobody will bother you while take your well-deserved nap, but still wake up when you need to.

Hey Chainfire first of all " GREAT WORK" ... its look really great and seems to be very impressive !

I want to aks you about the Inside things of these App:

First of all I thought that the given ChargingScreen originally showing by Charging called "ChargeMon" ... right ??

Basis for my understanding I think it would be a simple own "Kernel" which would loaded if you shutdown Phone and Bootloader (or other Interrupt-Controller) recognize charging Stuff @USB Port to jump for "Address of ChargingMon" ??

After loading these "Kernel" / "Daemon" it Init all needing Stuff like Display / Keypad / Other things ??

Do you rewrite "ChargeMon Daemon" or developed own stuff for replacing "ChargeMon" ??

jackal2

Nov 12, 2007
Compatibility issue on SGS2 - CM9 nightly

You're positively insane. :D What a perfect app!
I'm on NMP! Pro, installed on a CM9 nightly.
Galaxy S2. Non-default LCD density. All worked well, until I installed cm9-nightly-20120529. Since then (all following nightlies) when I try to install the system files a popup shows up "201Your device does not appear to be compatible". :confused:
Diffed "build.prop" from two cm9 nightlies, but found no relevant differences.
Tried installing another kernel (siyah), reverting back LCD density to default, but nothing. :mad:
Think it's cm9-related, but you can easier find (or help me to find out) where the problem is.

TY for your work.

Reactions: Jigen90

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
Tried with SGH-I897 but it said not compatible. Isn't the Captivate very similar to the i9000?

Jigen90

Feb 9, 2012
You're positively insane. :D What a perfect app!
I'm on NMP! Pro, installed on a CM9 nightly.
Galaxy S2. Non-default LCD density. All worked well, until I installed cm9-nightly-20120529. Since then (all following nightlies) when I try to install the system files a popup shows up "201Your device does not appear to be compatible". :confused:
Diffed "build.prop" from two cm9 nightlies, but found no relevant differences.
Tried installing another kernel (siyah), reverting back LCD density to default, but nothing. :mad:
Think it's cm9-related, but you can easier find (or help me to find out) where the problem is.

TY for your work.
Same behaviour here. Same problem...I cannot install anymore NMP since cm9 nightly 20120529! :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NoMoarPowah! replaces that boring charging animation when your phone is turned off but connected to the charger with a fully functional program!

In the history of silly stuff I have made, this is perhaps the silliest :)

This app is only for a select number of Samsung devices. It does not work on any other devices. See the list below

This app requires a fully rooted device

NoMoarPowah! can automatically reboot into Android when charging is done. Either when fully charged, or when the battery level reaches 15% and Android has enough juice to run.

But wait, there's more! NoMoarPowah! can also reboot at a custom time. It will even suggest times based on your currently set alarms, so your phone will be rebooted just before the alarm goes off and you need to wake up! This way you can be sure nobody will bother you while take your well-deserved nap, but still wake up when you need to.

Tested on the following devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) and family
    - Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) and family
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000) and family
    - Samsung Droid Charge
    - Samsung/T-Mobile Sidekick 4G
    - Samsung Continuum (ticker overlaps)

It half works on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (all models): the functionality is there, but the touch screen does not work in charging mode.

Other devices from the Samsung Galaxy series with a resolution of 800x480 or more may work as well.

Some custom ROMs may disable NoMoarPowah! functionality

Screenshots
    Screenshots are attached for those interested.

Download
    The free version has ads, there's also a pro version available, for a buck. The pro version doesn't show ads, and has night mode and reduced brightness mode.

Free version on Market: desktop - mobile

Pro version on Market: desktop - mobile

chart
    I'm going to try to answer various questions in a single post here, I hope I get them all and keep them understandable.

- First, understand that I made this more as a gimmick, and didn't really think people would find it very useful, that's why it's rather playful in layout, name, etc ;)

- Indeed, you have to make sure the device keeps charging. The program only runs when the phone is in the charger. If you remove the plug, the phone will truly shut down. If you were to lose power (temporary power outage for example) it will however restart itself and continue with the previously selected settings. However, should a power outage occur at the moment the device is scheduled to restart (either due to charge percentage or time-based), it will not do so (that may be fixed, though).

- Themes, graphics, etc: Nothing is currently truly rendered, there is no special font renderer etc. There is no theming support built-in (though I have considered it for the future). However, everything works with PNGs you can modify yourself, they are located in /system/nomoarpowah. Don't like the balloons? You could take logo.png and rebootnow.png from that folder and replace them with your own. Want the text gray? Modify the font-*.png files, etc. It's work, but if you want to do it now before I build other possibilities for it, you can certainly do so. I would however advise to keep the dimensions of those PNG files exactly the same, and be sure to save the replacement files without an alpha channel. While most of the positioning is dynamic based on the image dimensions, there are some values hardcoded, so if you change the dimensions things may get weird.

- Further functionality, playing sounds (alarm), changing brightness, etc. What you need to realise is that the program that runs while charging is bare-bones Linux program. There is no Android framework (or any other) which means that absolutely everything is manually coded. The only thing I have to work with is a half-loaded Linux kernel. Putting graphics on the screen is just writing to a certain memory location. This is also the reason I have not made that screen more advanced, because it is a LOT of work to create something simple as for example a screen to manually select a wake-up time. And by a LOT I mean thousands upon thousands of lines of code, excluding the graphics. Playing a sound as alarm? I'd have to build an MP3 decoder and player. Changing the brightness has the same issue, with the added complication that some Samsung-built services are still running in the background that manage the actual charging, button presses and screen control - a service I do not want to replace as it is likely device-specific and unknown what it does exactly (its not open source). What if I miss one of the functions? However, since most of the devices this runs on are AMOLED anyways, and there really is no backlight, reducing the brightness of the actual images rendered has exactly the same effect as reducing a generic brightness setting would have (this is not true for LCD).

None of these things are impossible to do. But many of them do require a (comparatively) ridiculous amount of work to get done. What takes 3 minutes to build in an Android app can easily take 3 days in an app such as this. Now, if there is massive demand (which would then also translate to Market sales), I might well implement some of them, or all of them. Making a framework for non-Android boot has been on my list for some time, and it's something I have done before on other platforms, so I have experience in the what and how of it, but it's still quite a lengthy operation. (If only every day had 72 hours!)

I hope that clears some stuff up :)
    NoMoarPowah! Theme

Ok, so I will be the 1st one... :D

- Replaced the PNGs with custom logo (SGS2-branded) & reboot
    - font is now rendered with "Sengue UI"

I hope you'll like this one. ;)

EDIT:
    - added 'plain' theme (black&white)
    - added 'stockblue' theme (logo, alarm, reboot in blue)

INSTALLATION:

- download the attached ZIP to your SD-card
    - download/buy Chainfire's NoMoarPowah! from the Market
    - start the app & grant su-rights
    - click on "install system files" inside the app

- boot into ClockworkMod-Recovery (>3.0.0.0) and flash the ZIP
    OR
    - remount "/system" writeable and push the all the extracted PNG-files to "/system/nomoarpowah"

SCREENSHOTS:

- look at the attachments!
    Chainfire - BEST XDA Dev

I think XDA should award Chainfire as the best XDA dev.

I've started to read Chainfire's posts back in the Kaiser forum regarding the openGL hardware acceleration issue. He was a lot more arrogant then ( though i understand that's not easy to put up with so much noobs, stupid questions, and even worst
    people demanding stuff and complaining about his app's) but one thing I was sure: he was very good. He knew what he talked about, shared important information and best of all he presented us with some fine apps (though we can argue about the GUI as we can see in this app).

We've some very good devs here at XDA that present us with very good apps but when it comes down to must have apps (the ones that really make a diference) who's the dev: Chainfire. He did a hell of a job in the WM6 scene and now is doing it again for the android.

Coming from a WM6 device, and being relutant betwen WP7 and android when i found that Chainfire was developping for the SGSII, I had no doubt and bought the phone.

I'm not a particular active member/poster (more the reader type) I must however pay my tribute to Chainfire and thank him for the time he spents develloping apps that are essential to better experience with our phone's.

Having said that, I end this post the same way i've strated it: Award Chainfire as the best XDA Dev because guys like this are one in a million.

Thanks Chainfire