case recommendations please (protection needed)

Search This thread

droid51378

Dec 9, 2009
I am looking for something similar to an otterbox defender, but not an otterbox. Don't care for their cases, but as an officer, I really do need protection.
Thanks.

TheodorK11

Jan 19, 2013
Get a UAG case. Its protective and better looking than an Otterbox

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361293785894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361293785894.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,103

TheBDub

Jun 9, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Last edited:

droid51378

Dec 9, 2009
I would love to get the UAG, but I need screen protection and from what I see, they do not offer a case like the defender.

TheodorK11

Jan 19, 2013
It comes with a screen protector.... but also the front lip of the case extends maybe a 1/4 of an inch past the screen to protect from falls, if that's what you mean

TheBDub

Jun 9, 2008
Corvallis, OR
I don't have time to look through the patents that they have (76 issues, 70 more pending), but if I recall, having a screen protector built into the case is one of them :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
I want something with a hard plastic cover for the screen, just like the defender.

depending on which region youre from, with the money you save from buying a UAG instead of an otterbox, you can afford to add a tempered glass screen protector as well, which offers better protection. this is the route i went, still waiting for my clearvue glass screen protector though.

rye

Jan 25, 2009
If you don't mind about knocked off cases. You can try griffin survivor v2 for note 2. It covers all the ports even the camera and stylus. also have built in screen guard. The built just like defender. 3 layers.

Userade

Feb 17, 2013
The defender is the only one i have found over a month, that has a built in hard plastic protector

Dec 4, 2011
If your from the uk pm me and ill send you a link to where I got my defender case from for £14

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
If you don't mind about knocked off cases. You can try griffin survivor v2 for note 2. It covers all the ports even the camera and stylus. also have built in screen guard. The built just like defender. 3 layers.

Where did you see Survivor for Note 2? They make it only for iPhone and Galaxy S3.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010

rye

Jan 25, 2009
wwwdottvc-malldotcom/details/Survivor-Military-Duty-Belt-Clip-Case-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-II-N7100-Black-MHC-N7100-84A/

I cant post link just yet. But thats where I found the survivor case. Just change the dot to actual dot. Like I said if you dpnt mind imitation or knock off cases. Thats a good one other than defender

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Last edited:

TheBDub

Jun 9, 2008
Corvallis, OR

That case looks amazing, and it looks like that snap piece that the clip is on could fit onto a large belt.

I have no need for the clip piece, but I may buy one since I am looking for a defender replacement due to the stupid echo. For $20 shipped from China, I might as well get one and put a review up here.

Ordered it, should be here in 6 months or so thanks to china post :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a knock off from China also about 10 days ago just using china post. I am looking for a holder for my car that will hold the note 2 along with this survivor case hard monted or with suction cups. So I can use the gps driving down the road. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Note²

Posted review here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2174449

Will work perfectly!!!
    Also ordered the "Survivor" (*** ""Survivor?"" :eek: ), with DHL shipping from TVC. Seems like a legit, in fact huge company.
    Added a bunch of other cheap chinese stuff, because the shipment was over 30$ to Israel. Paypaled it. Still worth it, I hope.

How bad could it be? It's got 4 parts, at least one of them would become usable... ;)
    Could also be very good.

They got a replacement battery for 3$. I didn't dare but maybe I should have.

That is a hefty shipping cost, probably because DHL with tracking? And I assume one shipping cost to cover all the items?

Regarding how bad could it be, I have a feeling its going to be this case (2nd case I reviewed here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36730711&postcount=714) with a different outer soft rubber shell, glued in screen protector, and a belt clip. I would be really curious to see how that screen protector is working. The gap under Defender screen protector with a phone screen was so unbearable that it completely ruined my experience with that case - I was more than happy to return it back to the store.

@ Brad S: believe it or not, for 2+ years of owning my DX I was using $3 tpu case from ebay and $0.99 sp and never gave much about cases or any other accessories. Now since getting GN2 a few months ago, I feel like I was bitten by a bug. I'm very happy with my UAG case, but still want to review and to play with other cases and accessories.
    Thank you so much :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Chinese Survivor review - Note 2

Got the Chinese Survivor today, with DHL (super quick, superb service, and I paid for it).

Bottom line: Far from having any elegance in shape or feel, this big plastic/rubber contraption protects your phone really well.

It took me some moments of reflection to align myself with reality - it is what it is, a cheap Chinese knockoff model that doesn't even exist yet by the original company. :) Isn't it nuts?

The rubber feels toyish and cheap, not up to the standard of the device it covers. I'm just being sincere here, on any scale - it's kinda crappy.
    Very sticky though, doesn't slide (face up or down), but can be a real struggle to pocket. The w/h dimensions aren't too crazy, but overall thickness is sick.
    With only the inner hard plastic, the phone is already protected well. Then the outer rubber and front screen cover lock in. After careful setup everything sits well and secure.

All the cutouts (S-pen, earphones, USB, camera) have retractable rubber seals that fit good, even though the cut lines are a bit shaggy. The seals' flexible parts are kinda flimsy, I hope they won't break overtime.
    I had to enlarge the opening for my Sennheiser earphones' plug (it's a big one), 1 easy minute with a carving knife, no prob.
    Buttons work great, access is quick and sensitive.

The screen It is a thin flexible plastic film on a frame, and again, feels and looks cheap, but works well, sits tight, and the touch response is very good - not perfect, but I fear it's as good as it gets with this type of case.
    (I'm a tinkerer, so I'm thinking of one of those glass options to replace it. But if I'll go that way, maybe also a new, sleek bumper, that is easier on the eyes, and forget the whole thing...)

The belt clip is very usable - rotates and locks in open or closed positions. I like the design, but you get the theme - the execution is cheap - the spring is weak and not trustworthy. The way it anchors only to top and bottom is cool, but there's some play.

You get the idea. Overall, I'm happy, now I can ride my bike, woodwork, and do other manly things, generally allowing myself to behave more (*clumsily) freely around and with the device.
    If anyone is considering purchasing this case, I recommend it if:

1. You need a full enclosure type of protective case.
    2. You'd rather not pay $60 for it.
    3. You order other stuff from them as well to make it worthwhile with shipment from China.
    4. You are willing to forget it is a sleek, expensive, super high tech device from the future you're holding. :cyclops:

Thanks to Rye for bringing this case to our attention!

Cheers.
    So the rubber for the survivor have the same feeling with the original rubber? When you post pictures will you post the defected screen guard too please? I want to see it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2