Strange 'problem'...

Search This thread
M

Mortitheon

Nothing 'big', but;
Yesterday I flashed a new ROM and everything went fine. I tried to turn on my WiFi and it didn't want to turn on. It just turned off automatically without even scanning. I cleared data, factory reset, nothing. Fortunately I had a CWM backup so I just restored it.
Today I tried the same thing with a completely different ROM. Same thing happened. I decided to root my phone and I did it. Suddenly, the WiFi turned on like normal after rooting.

I am trying to flash a new ROM so I can have OTA updates back, but without WiFi, that ain't possible. Anyone had the same problem?

Press THANKS if I helped!

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Nothing 'big', but;
Yesterday I flashed a new ROM and everything went fine. I tried to turn on my WiFi and it didn't want to turn on. It just turned off automatically without even scanning. I cleared data, factory reset, nothing. Fortunately I had a CWM backup so I just restored it.
Today I tried the same thing with a completely different ROM. Same thing happened. I decided to root my phone and I did it. Suddenly, the WiFi turned on like normal after rooting.

I am trying to flash a new ROM so I can have OTA updates back, but without WiFi, that ain't possible. Anyone had the same problem?

Your modem does not update when u flash a new rom that is why u don`t have Wifi :)
Flash more times SAME rom until baseband gets updated and u will have your wifi back ^^

M

Mortitheon

Your modem does not update when u flash a new rom that is why u don`t have Wifi :)
Flash more times SAME rom until baseband gets updated and u will have your wifi back ^^

So, I have to flash the rom, than flash it again afterwards?