[MOD][XPOSED] Suggestions Toggle

Search This thread

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
I'm using Swiftkey pretty much since my first Android smartphone and it always bugged me when I wanted to type email addresses or other stuff the dictionary didn't contain. So when I type something and hit the spacebar the word would be autocorrected to something completely different. I always wished there would be a simple toggle to enable/disable autocompletion/suggestions. Well, now there is!

This module allows you to double tap any text box to enable/disable suggestions. It's tested on Swiftkey and Google keyboard both on Android KitKat.

Featured on

Requirements

Instructions
  1. download the module and install it
  2. activate it in Xposed Installer → Modules
  3. reboot your device
  4. double tap in a text box to enable/disable suggestions
  5. Celebrate! :cowboy:

Thanks

Source
https://github.com/theknut/SuggestionsToggle

Download
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.theknut.suggestionstoggle

Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
See this baby being quite useful. Should have been part of the system from the start!
Will give it a try once that "issue" is resolved.

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
It's not really an issue. I only noticed it when being in Google Mail, double tapping in the subject, then going to the message body, double tapping and then going back to the subject field. So this use case is rather rare. Usually you are in Whatsapp or any other messaging service and operate only in a single field. Not multiple.

bonanza123

Nov 11, 2007
'schland
Is it possible that the app will remember my settings for certain fields? For example disable the auto correction when it meets again the input field of a mail address in kmail?

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
@theknut
Great mod idea. :good.
With June 30 update, works great on Stock 4.0.4 . What at treat. Thanks.
(why Swiftkey devs don't add a toggle for this is beyond me!!!)
I have been wanting something like this for a LONG time!

Suggestion
- It would be great if this toggle could be triggered by a SHORTCUT. Then, we could use a mod like "Gesture Navigation" to toggle the feature on/off.

Last edited:

089man

Sep 25, 2012
Not working on Samsung s2 with swift key.

Edit....
Now it's works fine with the update fix... Thanks Dev for the fix. Great..

I9100 Tapatalk 4, Spirit-Rom 4.4. 4

Last edited:

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
I'm soo sorry. There was a stupid typo making it not work properly.... It's working now though, thanks for the heads up! Please grab it from the repo again! I'd appreciate if you could update your post so that for new users it doesn't look like it's not working :-S

089man

Sep 25, 2012
I'm soo sorry. There was a stupid typo making it not work properly.... It's working now though, thanks for the heads up! Please grab it from the repo again! I'd appreciate if you could update your post so that for new users it doesn't look like it's not working :-S
Works fine now....

I9100 Tapatalk 4, Spirit-Rom 4.4. 4

Reactions: theknut

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Works fine on my LG P500 over multiling-o kb.

Suggestion: Choice of gestures. Why? Because that double-click is functional in various text-programs including messaging (seems to insert/remove new-line). Kind of limited because directional gestures will also be functional. Ideas?

hackel

Sep 14, 2011
Minneapolis
This seems to just disable suggestions entirely when I'm using Swiftkey (beta if that matters). Double tapping does nothing, and swipe input (flow) is disabled.

Google Keyboard works as expected and I can toggle suggestions, but only if the input field originally allows for this. I was hoping that this would allow me to turn on suggestions for input fields that some idiot developer forced to have suggestions off, and it doesn't do that. Would be a great feature to see in the future!

supermario3

Dec 16, 2010
This is great!
Thank you very much. I love autocorrect but it drives me crazy sometimes. Now the solution is "a double tap away", again, thank you
(I'm on CM11 maguro)

Last edited:

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
I don't get the point of this, at least with SwiftKey. Since you still type out the word instead of swiping it, you can always have SwiftKey accept what you wrote out - the word would appear in the leftmost suggestion.

Reactions: themadproducer

spaboleo

Jul 16, 2010
This is totally awesome! :good: :laugh:

HTC One (m7) here and it works like a charme!

Seriously...this solves a problem that has always annoyed me big time and I already made a note to see if it's "programmable" with Tasker and place a shortcut in the quicksettings menu. But it still felt to complicated...this is super intuitive and works flawless!

Thank you!

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
I don't get the point of this, at least with SwiftKey. Since you still type out the word instead of swiping it, you can always have SwiftKey accept what you wrote out - the word would appear in the leftmost suggestion.

and the multiling kb gives the option on tapping in.

Anyway, this is a tiny module, use it when needed, ignore it when not. Painless and cost-free :)

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
@Archon810
Do you use the setting... auto space after a period? Sometimes, in some scenarios, in trying to spell out a long word that has periods or punctuation in it, SwiftKey keeps auto correcting and the usual method of using the top left suggestion box is virtually useless. Hard to explain. But, being able to temporarily disable suggestions/typos really comes in handy in this situation. I actually feel less stressed at times. Such a handy feature. Many have wrote to the SwiftKey devs over the years, asking for a similar Toggle. Instead, it manually takes 4-5 clicks to disable prediction. This module is the apitome of the usefulness of Xmodules such as this one. Thanks again to our dev @theknut.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using Swiftkey pretty much since my first Android smartphone and it always bugged me when I wanted to type email addresses or other stuff the dictionary didn't contain. So when I type something and hit the spacebar the word would be autocorrected to something completely different. I always wished there would be a simple toggle to enable/disable autocompletion/suggestions. Well, now there is!

This module allows you to double tap any text box to enable/disable suggestions. It's tested on Swiftkey and Google keyboard both on Android KitKat.

Featured on

Requirements

Instructions
    1. download the module and install it
    2. activate it in Xposed Installer → Modules
    3. reboot your device
    4. double tap in a text box to enable/disable suggestions
    5. Celebrate! :cowboy:

Thanks

Source
    https://github.com/theknut/SuggestionsToggle

Download
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.theknut.suggestionstoggle
    @Archon810
    Do you use the setting... auto space after a period? Sometimes, in some scenarios, in trying to spell out a long word that has periods or punctuation in it, SwiftKey keeps auto correcting and the usual method of using the top left suggestion box is virtually useless. Hard to explain. But, being able to temporarily disable suggestions/typos really comes in handy in this situation. I actually feel less stressed at times. Such a handy feature. Many have wrote to the SwiftKey devs over the years, asking for a similar Toggle. Instead, it manually takes 4-5 clicks to disable prediction. This module is the apitome of the usefulness of Xmodules such as this one. Thanks again to our dev @theknut.
    SuggestionsToggle updated to V1.2

Hey guys, SuggestionsToggle V1.2 is up with the following changelog
    • module rewritten
    • double tab will now enable suggestions if they are not
    • bug fixes
    Have fun :good:
    It should support all keyboards. The portal post is misleading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app