[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

Search This thread

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
1.2.1b
Evo 3d
Lite version, damn need the full to test
Qhd resolution

App drawer in 3d or 2d is similar, though I assume 3d is accelerated
Starting always at "a" is starting to irritate me
Portrait is ok
4x4 row and columns are a little wasteful
Dock icons are slightly small
Press and hold dock, wait for loading (180 apps), doing anything else force closes, and it does take a long time to pop up the application selection menu
In app drawer, pressing and holding something and moving it to home screen, opening app drawer again, it continues from there (not "a") again
Landscape 5x3, touching points are accurate
Landscaped home screen, 4x4, stretched all over but acceptable

---------------------Tapatalk ----------------------
Sent from my HD 2 running Hyperdroid CM 7 or just,
my new HTC Evolution 3D running ROMeOS Unsensed

Last edited:

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
1.2.1b
Evo 3d
Lite version, damn need the full to test
Qhd resolution

App drawer in 3d or 2d is similar, though I assume 3d is accelerated
Starting always at "a" is starting to irritate me
Portrait is ok
4x4 row and columns are a little wasteful
Dock icons are slightly small
Press and hold dock, wait for loading (180 apps), doing anything else force closes, and it does take a long time to pop up the application selection menu
In app drawer, pressing and holding something and moving it to home screen, opening app drawer again, it continues from there (not "a") again
Landscape 5x3, touching points are accurate
Landscaped home screen, 4x4, stretched all over but acceptable

---------------------Tapatalk ----------------------
Sent from my HD 2 running Hyperdroid CM 7 or just,
my new HTC Evolution 3D running ROMeOS Unsensed

Thanks mate!

I'm planning to introduce variable home screen matrix, instead of fixed 4x4, or at least use a bigger matrix for qHD devices.

As for the app drawer 4x4, it's a bit tricky because of the touch points, and having to ask you guys to test. But let's see in the future, as for MDPI I successfully changed the app drawer landscape drawer matrix with no issues...

And I'll take a look at the app drawer reseting to the top of the list. That it does not happen when dragging stuff to the homescreen ang go bacjk is valuable information!

Cheers

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
New stable version V1.3.0: Finnaly MDPI support!

Ok guys,

Finally got my hands on a samsung Ace, and ironed out the quirks. Thanks to all you who bared with me on the earlier betas!

You can download the free Lite version on market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lowveld.ftllauncherlite&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sb3d2ZWxkLmZ0bGxhdW5jaGVybGl0ZSJd

If you enjoy it, rate it and comment on it accordingly! And remember I cannot reply to comments left on market. Any issues or questions, report back here and I'll be glad to help.

Also, if you really like it, consider buying the full version! :)

Cheers

txdeathray

Jan 2, 2011
Houston
Thanks for your work man! Just some things I've noticed: 3D drawer still looks kind of blurry, some icon labels are off the screen.
MDPI_3D_L.pngMDPI_3D_P.png
The 2D drawer is actually smoother on my device (320x480) and the icon labels are crispy clear.
MDPI_2D_L.pngMDPI_2D_P.png

Overall experience: Still damn smooth, but for some reason not as smooth as it was during beta :confused:

Nontheless, this works and I'll be using this and waiting for the fixes!

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Ok mdpi done, will you now do ldpi version? You'll get easily hands on ldpi :) I'll be glad to test for you.

Swyped from my crappy Galaxy Mini

haigoeo

Aug 16, 2010
Thanks for your work man! Just some things I've noticed: 3D drawer still looks kind of blurry, some icon labels are off the screen.
View attachment 913906View attachment 913907
The 2D drawer is actually smoother on my device (320x480) and the icon labels are crispy clear.
View attachment 913904View attachment 913905

Overall experience: Still damn smooth, but for some reason not as smooth as it was during beta :confused:

Nontheless, this works and I'll be using this and waiting for the fixes!

Same here, 2D is great and icons are clear and good positioning. In 3D there are some problems.

Great launcher overall, so speedy!!

But i would like the option to preview my homescreens and change their position and enable wallpaper scrolling in free version. Those are basic features and in my opinion they should be on free version.

Last edited:

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
Ldpi release would be successful too. Will be waiting for it ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
the icons on the dock (qHD)(EVO3D) are still quite small.. is that on purpose?

Hey,

The dock icons are 0.8 the size of "normal" homescreen icons. This, in my own personal opinion, makes it look good at least on hdpi.

But as this is a question or personal taste, I'll try to make it configurable by next version!

Ldpi release would be successful too. Will be waiting for it ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

And I'll be trying in the near future... The problem will be again 3D drawer texture quality. The 2D drawer should work right out of the box.

Cheers

Reactions: freaksamael

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Faster Than Light Launcher

Make no mistake, this is the fastest launcher you'll ever run. Small, light, configurable. The Gingerbread launcher as it should have been. No useless stuff, no compromises. Performance and usability are the driving forces here.

On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications. 3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take.

The Lite version still has some of the configurable options pre-loaded that cannot be changed. A lot more stuff is configurable on the full version, check the Pro Version Extras feature list below. Performance or user experience are in no way impaired on the Lite version.

Important: FTL supports all resolutions and ICS, but only 800x480, 854x480, 960x540 and 480x320 devices have 3D drawer enabled! Also ICS has no 3D drawer because it does not contain the "old" opengl interface. But as it is natively accelerated anyway, 2D drawer should be very fast.

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to one of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Basic Instructions:

- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
    - You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
    - You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.

Download link from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lowveld.ftllauncherlite

Try it, you won't regret it!
    more and more features included, im worried this will turn into a GO LAUNCHER alike

so many features requested, from people from GO LAUNCHER? :D

No need to get offensive... :p

Now seriously, up to now every feature added as no impact on performance, and that's my main concern. I don't mind adding stuff, as long as it is useful and does not bloat.

Even the theming was done in a way that it has no impact whatsoever on runtime performance.

But for full disclosure, here are my intended next steps for FTL, in no particular importance order, and definitely with no timeline or ETA associated:

- Fix the drawer always starting at "A". There's a guy always *****ing about this :)
    - Improve the swipe up and down actions to be more configurable (like launching apps and whatnot)
    - On the theming side, find a way to change individual icons
    - completely re-do the dock code to allow more stuff
    - Add a configurable app filter, or some sort of means to build personalized app lists to use on the drawers

Notice that stuff like "horizontal scrolling drawers" is not on the list. Not that it won't be on the future, but I honestly don't consider it a priority. Also over-the-top effects are not, and will probably never be on the list.

Bottom line, apart from the items I mentioned, I'm very much pleased with FTL V3.

Cheers
    New release V1.4.0 is out

So, new version is out, but for now only full version. Sorry guys, I will of course update the Lite version also during the weekend, but I have to get some sleep...

Also the drawer starting always at the top of the list is still there, won't be that easy to change that.

Changelog:
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns (must restart FTL for changes to take effect!)
    - Configurable size of Dock icons
    - Confirmed Froyo support

Cheers
    This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.

Thanks!

hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
    - resizing of widgets

regards

Sure it's ok to make requests, it's the all point of this thread: Listen to users and what they want.

Unfortunately what you are asking will not be in next version. But resizable dock icons and configurable desktop grid will.

Cheers
    Version 3.0.0 is out

Ok guys,

This has been a long time in the oven. On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications.
    3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take., just download the themes and apply.

Here's the current feature list:

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to open app drawer
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" to pull notification bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers