[Q] Question in regards to posting

Search This thread

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
I've just tried posting in the Samsung Galaxy SIII Development section and was prevented from doing so with an error.

Is this normal procedure?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I'm hoping someone will give me an answer before this thread gets moved by Mods.

This is the message I'm getting;

NghtWachman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Please Read: New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums. The developer forums are intended for experienced users and developers to discuss ways to improve technical aspects related to ROMs and Software. While you may be an expert, we ask ALL users to avoid posting questions about using or installing ROMs and software in the Development Forums. To encourage this new Users can read but not post in these forums.

To ask Questions about developing your device, installing ROMs, software and themes you must go to the Q&A or General Forum.

Remember, your question has very likely been asked already, so please search before posting.

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
I've just tried posting in the Samsung Galaxy SIII Development section and was prevented from doing so with an error.

Is this normal procedure?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I'm hoping someone will give me an answer before this thread gets moved by Mods.

This is the message I'm getting;

Ah. The newer development forums seem to lock you out until 10 posts past.
You'll get in there after 10 posts. I don't think a mod will close this thread :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Ah. The newer development forums seem to lock you out until 10 posts past.
You'll get in there after 10 posts. I don't think a mod will close this thread :/

I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.

True, it is trolling... he should have posted in his own device forum... All this together, I'd bet money he didn't read the rules...but oh well, what can we do about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
True, it is trolling... he should have posted in his own device forum... All this together, I'd bet money he didn't read the rules...but oh well, what can we do about it?

Not a d@mn thing, just shake our collective heads and move on. Best thing would to be quit posting in it so it would travel down the line, HA!!

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
I just lol'd

Uhggg Damn, I wish I'd thought about it I should have just been posting one word reply to every posts and threads you guys make, not sure if that can make me catch up to you guys though..... I'm busted now. :cowboy:

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Uhggg Damn, I wish I'd thought about it I should have just been posting one word reply to every posts and threads you guys make, not sure if that can make me catch up to you guys though..... I'm busted now. :cowboy:

Dude, I'm assuming you don't have a Blaze by your first post, so go away. Go post in your own phones forum. You are annoying.

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Dude, I'm assuming you don't have a Blaze by your first post, so go away. Go post in your own phones forum. You are annoying.

Just report repeatedly and maybe the mod will tell him something...

Reactions: njstein

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Do you have something against me posting or something because I'm a little taken a back by your inauspicious attack on me and now you're calling for the mods to ban me, on what premise may I ask?

Do you have an S3 or the Blaze? If you have a Blaze, then you're all good posting in our Forum and I apologize for the vitriol. If you have the S3, then we're saying go there and quit using our forum to raise your numbers. Jeezus, it's not that complicated...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Your original post mentioned you tried posting in the S3 forum, that's where I'm coming from. But dude, if you have A Blaze, I really do apologize. I saw you in the Slimkat thread, so now I'm really curious!

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
Yes I have a Blaze 4g and an S3

Do you have an S3 or the Blaze? If you have a Blaze, then you're all good posting in our Forum and I apologize for the vitriol. If you have the S3, then we're saying go there and quit using our forum to raise your numbers. Jeezus, it's not that complicated...

I shouldn't be answering this question as you can see I did not provoke this attack from you guys, I initially took the whole thing as a joke until I saw the response from Thomas Raines which changed my whole perception.

I've been here longer than what my profile suggest just that I don't post as often as I would like to and secondly I lost my original login profile, I would like to think that that is not the reason you guys jumped on me because of the low count that I show on my profile which is wrong since I did not provoke or antagonize anyone here.

Your original post mentioned you tried posting in the S3 forum, that's where I'm coming from. But dude, if you have A Blaze, I really do apologize. I saw you in the Slimkat thread, so now I'm really curious!

In my OP I was merely asking because the issue I'm having with Blaze is with one of the radios that is based off of S3 and I wanted to post about the problem, but I couldn't and since the Blaze forum is the only one i can post at, that is the reason why I decided to ask the question in the general forum which I thought should not have been an issue. I just wished you guys would have asked me first before jumping on me, but I do see the misunderstanding and I accept your apologies.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I shouldn't be answering this question as you can see I did not provoke this attack from you guys, I initially took the whole thing as a joke until I saw the response from Thomas Raines which changed my whole perception.

I've been here longer than what my profile suggest just that I don't post as often as I would like to and secondly I lost my original login profile, I would like to think that that is not the reason you guys jumped on me because of the low count that I show on my profile which is wrong since I did not provoke or antagonize anyone here.

In my OP I was merely asking because the issue I'm having with Blaze is with one of the radios that is based off of S3 and I wanted to post about the problem, but I couldn't and since the Blaze forum is the only one i can post at, that is the reason why I decided to ask the question in the general forum which I thought should not have been an issue. I just wished you guys would have asked me first before jumping on me, but I do see the misunderstanding and I accept your apologies.

It wasn't a profile thing, I don't even look at post count. I honestly thought you were an S3 owner trolling the Blaze forum to up your count. I'm glad you accept my apology, because honestly, there's not many of us Blaze owners left!

On the radio issue. I didn't know there was an S3 radio that's compatible with the Blaze. Have you tried all the Blaze and S2 radios?

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Crappalinks doesn't work anymore :/
I tried posting the link to the slim thread earlier today. Sorry man, just got home from a busy day.

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
@NghtWachman
In the OP, you stated

Which to us in the Blaze forum, insinuates you are the owner of an S3 and not a Blaze. Because we have had issues of new users NOT reading the rules and trolling our threads, as well as many others, to "get their numbers up", we had much reason to believe that is in fact what you were trying to accomplish. Your question told us nothing that was related to the Blaze or the exhilarate (a device in which is covered in this forum as well). In addidtion, I have been a member of XDA for quite a long time, and the rule of 10 post minimum has been there since before I came along. With all these parameters in place, I think you can see why we were all a little upset that you had posted in our forums. As we can see now, however, you do have a Blaze and I apologize for our attacks on you. Please be aware that we will help all those that come correct. So, for future reference, please post your issue and device as well so there is no confusion.

I also did not ask the mods to delete you, rather than point you in the right direction. I don't ask that anyone be banned, rather than reprimanded, educated and point in the right direction...

Reactions: njstein

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just report repeatedly and maybe the mod will tell him something...

@NghtWachman
    In the OP, you stated

Which to us in the Blaze forum, insinuates you are the owner of an S3 and not a Blaze. Because we have had issues of new users NOT reading the rules and trolling our threads, as well as many others, to "get their numbers up", we had much reason to believe that is in fact what you were trying to accomplish. Your question told us nothing that was related to the Blaze or the exhilarate (a device in which is covered in this forum as well). In addidtion, I have been a member of XDA for quite a long time, and the rule of 10 post minimum has been there since before I came along. With all these parameters in place, I think you can see why we were all a little upset that you had posted in our forums. As we can see now, however, you do have a Blaze and I apologize for our attacks on you. Please be aware that we will help all those that come correct. So, for future reference, please post your issue and device as well so there is no confusion.

I also did not ask the mods to delete you, rather than point you in the right direction. I don't ask that anyone be banned, rather than reprimanded, educated and point in the right direction...