Xperia Z2 stupit camera overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Explain in plain English then why merely composing a shot to photograph a flower under the 25C Sun overheats the device in just a mere minutes? Because until it does, you know which is the best IP certified cameraphone. Just quit talking as if everything is all right, this thread is the proof everything isn't. As a photography fan I want more than 5 minutes inside the camera app and I bet others do as well.

Thats the thing, i dont have these problems, only way to overheat is by recording 4k video for extended time. You have defective phone, and it should be exchanged. And samsung S5 is not waterproof, its water resistant, therefore sony didnt lie to you, its best WATERPROOF cameraphone at this moment. So stop talking as if eveything is wrong, because thats not true.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

tridious

Mar 27, 2012
Isnt it the best camera waterproof smartphone im the world? As far as i can tell it is. And seriously, people who have issue with camera overheating without 4k recording, you just have defective phone, send it to repair instead of crying. My z2 doeant overheat by just using camera, tried 4k recording, and managed to do 6:23 till overheat occured. So what does this tell me? It is the best camera phone, cause S5 can only record for 5minutes at a time. People here are completely clueless, its a ****ing smartphone, not world class camera, and on top of that, its waterproof, SO OFCOURSE ITS GONNA OVERHEAT. You are technologically clueless. My advice is, if you dont like the phone that much, just sell it, move on, get whatever phone you want, and then realise how wrong you were cause no other model can do it better at the moment.

Seriously? Before I could understand your annoyance, but now just camping out on this forum and bashing the phone is just childish. It's a phone, these things happen, get over it. If you're that annoyed with the Z2 over one feature, stay with your note 3 that you love and be done with it.

He is right, we understand your frustration, samsung limits to 5min also... doesnt any better...

PlS OP stop *****ing any more on this phone, you just repeat the same fking thing in every one of your comments.

Looks like I have stirred up a hornet's nest here. Sorry for being technologically clueless, please enlighten us with the technical details with your unrivalled technology knowledge. But I do not see whats the issue with us stating our views as consumers? bashing and *****ing about the phone? Childish? As users of a product, is it not ok to question when something is not right? If you really do not have such issue with your z2 then good for you, but many others have raised similar concerns here and in other forums, this is definitely not a isolated case. I was really going to just live with it, but experiencing what Sony support does for this, its just unfair from the consumer point of view. You might see us as naysayers and troublemakers, but try putting yourself in our shoes, on the receiving end of this annoying issue and useless technical support. If I really can to put up with samsung's plastic design and awful UI, you think I will be here making my case? I have been a keen follower of Sony products, all I want is for z2 to be what it is supposed to be, the best cam phone around. Would you think I will be wasting my time on this if I just wanted to cause trouble?

Instead of just asking us to stfu on what is a blatant issue and not something we made up, how about trying to give valuable feedbacks? If you have or have not experienced such issues and under what circumstances. I am creating a poll on the occurrence of this issue in the forum, do take part. thanks.

Quantum_Sensation

Feb 15, 2012
@today my daughter sport day I m use the z2 for photo shot n video record, what the stupit sony xperia z2 camera not use more than half an hour already overheat and the camera app stop working an force close it self. I lost my daughter beautiful moments!!! Sony what you do the detail make the different?!!! Can I wait the stupit device cool down or I told them to stop the event first until my stupit device cool down and keep on shoting n record !!!!???? No more sony Device. Back to samsung!!!!!!! This is serious problem when u had someting important to record n you stupit sony Z2 told you I overheat hot hot hot I need to cool down first, What the Sony your answer??!! Please share.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Took some time to get what u meant. I used Samsung S4 before and apparently, it has the same issue as ur sony shjt. After several photos shooting, the camera stop function and eventually, the app closed by itself.

mujj

Jun 1, 2012
Looks like I have stirred up a hornet's nest here. Sorry for being technologically clueless, please enlighten us with the technical details with your unrivalled technology knowledge. But I do not see whats the issue with us stating our views as consumers? bashing and *****ing about the phone? Childish? As users of a product, is it not ok to question when something is not right? If you really do not have such issue with your z2 then good for you, but many others have raised similar concerns here and in other forums, this is definitely not a isolated case. I was really going to just live with it, but experiencing what Sony support does for this, its just unfair from the consumer point of view. You might see us as naysayers and troublemakers, but try putting yourself in our shoes, on the receiving end of this annoying issue and useless technical support. If I really can to put up with samsung's plastic design and awful UI, you think I will be here making my case? I have been a keen follower of Sony products, all I want is for z2 to be what it is supposed to be, the best cam phone around. Would you think I will be wasting my time on this if I just wanted to cause trouble?

Instead of just asking us to stfu on what is a blatant issue and not something we made up, how about trying to give valuable feedbacks? If you have or have not experienced such issues and under what circumstances. I am creating a poll on the occurrence of this issue in the forum, do take part. thanks.

Wow...if you had a problem with the phone, your feedback is welcome. If you had a good experience with the phone, your feedback is welcome. This is what helps other people make their decision on what phone to get, and helps to find out if there is any way to resolve issues. In this case I am not having a dig at you specifically. I'm just saying that now that we know that there is a problem, what other choice do we have other then to wait for an update, or switch to another phone.

I myself don't have the phone yet, and as everyone has put forward their opinion, it helps me and others on here make their decision a little better. You know what doesn't? Constant criticism of the same problem over and over again. This just gets tiresome, especially to those, like myself, who aren't lucky enough to get their hands on the phone yet.

Sorry for the rant, hope you understand.

Last edited:

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Thats the thing, i dont have these problems, only way to overheat is by recording 4k video for extended time. You have defective phone, and it should be exchanged. And samsung S5 is not waterproof, its water resistant, therefore sony didnt lie to you, its best WATERPROOF cameraphone at this moment. So stop talking as if eveything is wrong, because thats not true.

Google IP67 certification please before calling other ppl. clueless.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
I know what it means smartass, and my point is still valid, sony didnt lie to you, its your unrealistic expectations

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
Explain in plain English then why merely composing a shot to photograph a flower under the 25C Sun overheats the device in just a mere minutes cause I can't name a single other flagship device that does that. And until it does it there is a better IP certified phone for shooting photos and videos without a headache, you know which. Quit acting if there is no overheating issue when this thread proves there is with many, many users.

If there's a Z2 user who said there's isn't an overheating issue compared to the Samsung-in-arms user who only used the Z2 for a "limited time", I'm sure you've zero authority to claim that the user is "acting". I'm sure some users experiences overheating and some don't. And I'm sure from the posts, this issue don't blanket the Z2 population.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Free mobile app

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
I know what it means smartass, and my point is still valid, sony didnt lie to you, its your unrealistic expectations

Just to make it clear: IP67 certification means protective against water up to 1m for 30 minutes, in other words, waterproof. This just show who's the technologically clueless between you and me, your wording mate. :good:

And no, 5 minutes in camera app to force close under the Sun is not acceptable for a €700 device, whether you are technologically clueless or not. So would you quit spamming the thread with useless posts? The discussion is the very overheating you admitted to have.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
IP 67 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*immersion.IP 68 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*complete, continuous submersion in water. Why should i stop writing? Are you somekind of dictator or just getting mad because im right?

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
IP 67 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*immersion.IP 68 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*complete, continuous submersion in water. Why should i stop writing? Are you somekind of dictator or just getting mad because im right?

Because in a thread on the XDA expert forum where an actual camera issue is being discussed, "it is not an issue you technically clueless smartass who can't understand English" is not a level discussion from you, especially when it's revealed that it's you lacking some information, like IP certification. There's not gonna be another warning. Return to XDA-level discussion of this existing Z2 issue, what might cause it, how to avoid it and who to contact from Sony to make it go away, cause that's why this forum exists, a community to make things better and not to ignore issues.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Haha, you are funny really. First of all thats not what i said and taken completely out of context, second i can give my opinion because it is a forum and im allowed to do it, third the point i made is completely valid and right, you attacked me and in all these messages havent prooved me wrong yet, quite hilarious. Oh and btw lacking information on ip ceritificates? Why, because you said so? I know all about certificates, and second number being lower on S5 compared to Z2 just prooves me right. You might as well keep writing here, im out, useless discussion with person who cant acknowledge different opinion based on facts. Cya

Last edited:

SkyS1gn

Jan 26, 2013
Őriszentpéter
Explain in plain English then why merely composing a shot to photograph a flower under the 25C Sun overheats the device in just a mere minutes cause I can't name a single other flagship device that does that. And until it does it there is a better IP certified phone for shooting photos and videos without a headache, you know which. Quit acting if there is no overheating issue when this thread proves there is with many, many users.

"And until it does it there is a better IP certified phone for shooting photos and videos without a headache"

You mean the S5? For 4K Its shoots 5 min... so basically the same, and i rather put a Z2 (IP58) or even my Z (IP57) into the water with the flaps than an S5 with that joke rubber sealing. An average user could easily forget about putting back the backpanel properly.

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
If there's a Z2 user who said there's isn't an overheating issue compared to the Samsung-in-arms user who only used the Z2 for a "limited time", I'm sure you've zero authority to claim that the user is "acting". I'm sure some users experiences overheating and some don't. And I'm sure from the posts, this issue don't blanket the Z2 population.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Free mobile app
Since I have photography threads for more than half a dozen different manufacturers (and actually use a Nexus 4 if that matters, fail to see why, but there you go), you can trust my word when I say in my limited time I really had and not making up the same overheating issues others did, incl. feis who indicated he too has overheating for 4k, others for photography. Thing is: this is not an isolated issue but pretty wide-spread, and XDA Developers is the exact place to deal with it and find a solution. What's not XDA-level discussion is some dude dropping by and adding the very useful "you are all technically clueless smartasses who don't understand English". This will end either by choice or by moderators.

Now I've already said overheating is probably not a manufacturing issues but a camera driver thing, my bet would be the live view taking up so much resources, that the ISP and SoC constantly working with very high screen brightness and the Sun giving extra heat, the Z2 just overheats. Or maybe the force-stop policy is too aggressive and the Z2 could take a little more hotness. The point is: we are here to address this issues not ignore it. The easiest way to ignore it is by not posting here.

Thank you.

SkyS1gn

Jan 26, 2013
Őriszentpéter
Since I have photography threads for more than half a dozen different manufacturers (and actually use a Nexus 4 if that matters, fail to see why, but there you go), you can trust my word when I say in my limited time I really had and not making up the same overheating issues others did, incl. feis who indicated he too has overheating for 4k, others for photography. Thing is: this is not an isolated issue but pretty wide-spread, and XDA Developers is the exact place to deal with it and find a solution. What's not XDA-level discussion is some dude dropping by and adding the very useful "you are all technically clueless smartasses who don't understand English". This will end either by choice or by moderators.

Now I've already said overheating is probably not a manufacturing issues but a camera driver thing, my bet would be the live view taking up so much resources, that the ISP and SoC constantly working with very high screen brightness and the Sun giving extra heat, the Z2 just overheats. Or maybe the force-stop policy is too aggressive and the Z2 could take a little more hotness. The point is: we are here to address this issues not ignore it. The easiest way to ignore it is by not posting here.

Thank you.

I may prefer an auto closing camera if its protect my phone from back panel lifting (Z issue) :laugh:

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
It's funny how people get so butthurt over not being able to record for more than 5 mins in 4k, as someone said, it's a smartphone and a thin one, do you know how much power 4k recording requires? Of course it's gonna overheat.. Also how many of you have 4k monitors? If you wanna record in 4k for a longer time the only option is to get a big 4k video camera

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007

Thank you.

I ordered mine from Handtec, and with any luck, it will be here next week. I live in New York, so returning the phone if it has severe overheating issues might not be as easy. So what I would like to know is if Sony will be able to fix this via software update or should I cancel my order and wait for the Oppo Find 7? The problem with the Oppo is that it hasn't really been tested, so getting that phone could open up a whole new can of worms. I am stumped as to what to do. I have never used a Sony phone before, so I don't know what to expect. I hated that physical home button on the Samsung line, so decided against getting the S5. The HTC M8 doesn't have enough in the camera for me to get that. I love Sony products, so I don't know what's going on with this overheating situation. There has to be some software fix, the only question is will they care to implement it, or will they write-off the Z2, and provide a solution in the Z3???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are such a drama queen dude, grow up. Either send it for repair, or keep crying. Your choice

Dude if you didn't use samsung note 3 before please don't be sure what you said. My problem is camera recording after overheat n close down by it self. If the best camera in the world it won't be like that. Please wake up don't blindness to support of support with sony. We discuss the problem here not to crying. If I want to crying not face to you, I will directly go to Sony Customers service center. Maybe you lucky, you can said like that, but in this case not only me have this problem. Please check the forum first.

sent from my sm-n9005 samsung

Seriously? Before I could understand your annoyance, but now just camping out on this forum and bashing the phone is just childish. It's a phone, these things happen, get over it. If you're that annoyed with the Z2 over one feature, stay with your note 3 that you love and be done with it.
    Isnt it the best camera waterproof smartphone im the world? As far as i can tell it is. And seriously, people who have issue with camera overheating without 4k recording, you just have defective phone, send it to repair instead of crying. My z2 doeant overheat by just using camera, tried 4k recording, and managed to do 6:23 till overheat occured. So what does this tell me? It is the best camera phone, cause S5 can only record for 5minutes at a time. People here are completely clueless, its a ****ing smartphone, not world class camera, and on top of that, its waterproof, SO OFCOURSE ITS GONNA OVERHEAT. You are technologically clueless. My advice is, if you dont like the phone that much, just sell it, move on, get whatever phone you want, and then realise how wrong you were cause no other model can do it better at the moment.

You realize you just answered your question? No, if I can't spend 5 minutes shooting a flower or family event on an average Spring day (photo or video) - let alone a hot Summer that's coming - it's not the best camera waterproof smartphone, not by a long shot, and not for €700. Your bullish attitude calling us technical illiterates cause we expect to spend FIVE MINUTES inside the camera app without it force closing is not up to XDA standards. It's not an isolated issue but something just about anyone shooting under hotter conditions have faced, and since the camera is one of the main features according to advertisement, Sony not delivering the promised care-free experience is a room for valid criticism. The real damage in these threads is the hardcore supporters trying to ignore issues when the real help would be uniting to get rid of them sooner.

You realise you just talk nonsense? If its not best waterproof cameraphone in the world, then which is better? Answer please? Sony didnt lie to you, its you who dont understand english it seems..

Yes you right no phone or people are perfect :good: but at least not the trouble maker!!! The only option you mention is need xperia Z2 fans to wait the software update to fix this problem, who can guarantee the problem can solve? Sony or me? And this is Sony camera official app not for third party (My Firmware 17.1.A.2.69). Why Sony cannot test first and release the stable new firmware for user?? Do you use Sony Ericson Satio before? is Symbian Os. Sony Ericson Xperia X1 windows Os. Is both device and Os got force close problem?? Or only Android Os got this problem? Why my Samsung Note 3 without this issue?? The technology is improving or back to the stone age?? You definitely right switch to another device!!!!!! We pay the high price to get the better thing not pay for Camera overheat and close down (This is what I pay for Sony to get this features).

http://youtu.be/JOGrXt_Rbrc

Check above the link is Sony commercial. if you're in this situation tell me what you do? Wait for Sony Update the firmware or told the Dancer wait a while I go to buy another new phone for record.

Sony doesn't need to fix anything. You can't be angry at Sony for PEBKAC problems. The solution is OBVIOUS, if you have a poor connection, you disable sync with your social networks, or set it to sync only on WiFi connection. You wouldn't try to upload a video to youtube from home with a 56k dial-up modem, why would you do the same on a mobile device?

I did exactly that, I disabled sync, and the next days in the mountains I had exactly zero problems.