Replace recovery

Search This thread

srujan21

Sep 23, 2012
Hyderabad
Hello , i have flashed CWM Recovery. Now i want to replace that with TWRP. How to do that ? :confused: Help ??

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
2 ways:

- Download a TWRP flashable .zip. While in recovery, wipe cache. Then flash .zip. Then go to "advanced options" in CWM and choose "reboot recovery"

- Download a TWRP recovery.img, and flash it through fastboot. Make sure you have fastboot and adb drivers. Connect phone to pc in fastboot mode. Open a CMD window from where you have your adb and fastboot files, as well as the recovery.img file. In the cmd window type "fastboot flash recovery _______.img" Where the blank spot is, is where you would put the name of your recovery .img file.

Reactions: srujan21

bibhu60

Dec 2, 2012
delhi
OK

Simply download the twrp and flash it using the instructions on the developer's thread.
It will replace automatically.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Third way (Rooted Moto G)

Download TWRP Manager from Google Play and do installation of recovery with...worked perfectly for me ;)
    2 ways:

- Download a TWRP flashable .zip. While in recovery, wipe cache. Then flash .zip. Then go to "advanced options" in CWM and choose "reboot recovery"

- Download a TWRP recovery.img, and flash it through fastboot. Make sure you have fastboot and adb drivers. Connect phone to pc in fastboot mode. Open a CMD window from where you have your adb and fastboot files, as well as the recovery.img file. In the cmd window type "fastboot flash recovery _______.img" Where the blank spot is, is where you would put the name of your recovery .img file.
    Keep in mind that CWM nandroid backups and TWRP backups aren't interchangeable.