GNEX Bricked Bootloop odin/rootkit doesnt work

Search This thread

vzmaniac

Jun 11, 2014
hey all

got a gsm GNEX that was stuck on bootloop.

have tried every way to unbrick it i could find flashing with odin, rootkit and fastboot and adb... have flashed android 4.0, 4.2, 4.4 and CM-11

same thing happens everytime every seperate flash the phone will reboot 5-10 times then say "updating apps" will finish that and go into a constant bootloop...

im wondering if the phone is either hardbricked or if its a hardware failure.

any help would be great

cheers

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Hardware failure. Your internal memory is fried. Try to lock the bootloader. If its still unlocked on boot, you know it for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

vzmaniac

Jun 11, 2014
Hardware failure. Your internal memory is fried. Try to lock the bootloader. If its still unlocked on boot, you know it for sure.

locked the phone and the unlocked padlock is no longer there on start up....

Last edited:

vzmaniac

Jun 11, 2014
Thats a good sign. Back up everything and unlock it again. Then try to flash the stock rom via fastboot. Without any toolkits!

flashed 2 different stock firmwares via fastboot... still no luck...

ive noticed now when it goes to reboot it gets 3-5 lines through the screen.... could this be something ? im getting to the point i think its a hardware problem...

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
flashed 2 different stock firmwares via fastboot... still no luck...

ive noticed now when it goes to reboot it gets 3-5 lines through the screen.... could this be something ? im getting to the point i think its a hardware problem...

Did you use the flash-all.bat or did you flash everything manually? The lines could be an electrical issue or its an issue with the screen..