LG Optimus Net unofficial thread

Search This thread

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
This thread is a collection of links to threads related to LG Optimus net(P690 only)

Disclaimer:
In case you damage your phone your brick it, you can't hold XDA or me responsible.Try the procedure at your own risk although its 99% working and tested on p690 v10e.

Rooting instructions:

1. Download and install 'Unlock Root' on your PC from here: Unlock Root for Android

2. Download and install LG Android Drivers from here: http://www.junefabrics.com/bin2/LGDriver.exe Restart your PC after installing drivers.

3: On your phone, Check 'USB Debugging'. Path: Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Tick 'USB Debugging'.

4. Again on phone, Unmount your SD Card. Go to: Menu > Settings > Storage > Tap on 'Unmount SD Card'. It'll give you a warning. Just press OK.

5. Connect your phone with PC. Phone will ask you to 'Turn on USB Storage'. DO NOT TURN IT ON! You should see this message on phone's notification bar: 'USB Debugging connected'.

6. On your PC, open UnlockRoot.exe ( A shortcut should be created on your desktop ) or Path: X:\Program Files\Unlockroot

7. Press root button! After process completes, it'll ask you to install 'Superuser.apk' and 'Battery Saver.apk'. Just press OK. Then you'll be asked to reboot your phone. Press OK. After reboot completes, go to menu and you'll find Superuser app there.

Congratulations! You've rooted your LG Optimus Net P690 !

Clockwork mod recovery for p690
Disclaimer:
Do not hold me or xda responsible if you end up bricking your phone ...

Procedure:
You must have root and es file explorer.
First of all download and put flash_image and recovery.img in sdcard/ from above link.
Also download terminal emulator from play store.
Using es file explorer long press on recovery.img go to properties and select show checksum . Tick md5 and select calculate. This should give you a mix of numbers and characters. Compare it to the md5 sum given in the thread it should match exactly. If not download again and try.

Open terminal emulator and type su and press enter. The $ should change into # .
Now copy paste these lines one by one as is (without the #s)
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
If you get file not found error ignore it and continue.

Flash for rooted p690
Roms for p690

XPERIA based rom

IOS based rom

CM7 based:
By jst_tsj
By karandeepdps
Miui port

ICS based roms :

AOKP ICS
Xperia ICS

CM10 by LGICS

CM9 for p690(Camera not yet fixed)
By Team LGICS
By karandeepdps
Jellyshame

JellyBean based ROMs(camera not working):
Paranoid JB

AOKP JB
CM10.1

Unbrick /Flash original rom

Last edited:

ml48603@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2011
SuperOneClick 2.3.2 Root Attempt LG Optimus Net

I am running Android 2.3.4 on a LG Optimus Net L45C Smart Phone used under the NET10 (owned by Tracfone) service.

Following the instructions from the SuperOneClick author regarding LG phones and 2.3.2 I get as far as the following statement in the right pane of SuperOneClick 2.3.2 :

Killing ADB and restarting as root ... enjoy!

When I look on the Smart Phone in the Android Tab, There is no SU icon that appears prior to rebooting the phone. After rebooting the phone there is no SU icon that appears. The process was repeated 3 times with the same result: The phone is not rooted. Anyone with similar experience?

The attached pdf file shows the output from the right and left panes of SuperOneClick 2.3.2 during the root attempts.

SuperOneClick setting used was for Alternate ADB Parser.

Attachments

• SuperOneClick_2.3.2_Result_Screens.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 413

karandeepdps

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
vold.fstab
www.facebook.com
I am running Android 2.3.4 on a LG Optimus Net L45C Smart Phone used under the NET10 (owned by Tracfone) service.

Following the instructions from the SuperOneClick author regarding LG phones and 2.3.2 I get as far as the following statement in the right pane of SuperOneClick 2.3.2 :

When I look on the Smart Phone in the Android Tab, There is no SU icon that appears prior to rebooting the phone. After rebooting the phone there is no SU icon that appears. The process was repeated 3 times with the same result: The phone is not rooted. Anyone with similar experience?

The attached pdf file shows the output from the right and left panes of SuperOneClick 2.3.2 during the root attempts.

restart phone by power button or pull out battery and reinsert and switch on.:)

say thanks to me

[HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P690

[HOWTO] Flash DOWNLOAD firmware on P690

[ROM] DarDroidXD_0.3 [LGP690]

[root] lg optimus net

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai

Did you try using unlockroot method?

elbaroark

May 31, 2010
Sturgeon
Rooting

For the LG Optimus Net LG L45C, you will need to use Unlockroot from Unlockroot.com. It is currently the only way to root the phone. The Clockwork recovery method that is posted above is not for L45C, it is for P698 and P690, which can brick your phone trying to install it in a phone that may not support it.

Also, good luck with getting software updates for the phone, because Net10 WILL NOT let you upgrade the software on it. It will download the software package, but states that it is invalid and will not install it. If they would allow the phone to update itself, it wouldn't have many bugs that are showing up

Reactions: blu422

abhishek046

Apr 11, 2012
Bangalore
Guys I tried the method mentioned above for adobe flash but the files that I place inside data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib keep getting erased everytime I restart my phone. Note that flash works perfectly as long as I dont restart my phone.

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
Guys I tried the method mentioned above for adobe flash but the files that I place inside data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib keep getting erased everytime I restart my phone. Note that flash works perfectly as long as I dont restart my phone.
Sorry but that's how it is. Try using cm7 it doesn't seem to disappear.

Last edited:

sacredash

Aug 22, 2011
Mumbai
You've asked this on androidforum as well so i'll try to help you there as akashash5 but I think andyopie will give you a solution eventually.

oldfella2

Jun 11, 2012
Using Qtadb P690F> PC

Just one addition, as I had problems in using Terminal Emulator on my small screen phone, I wished to use Qtadb which is able to be run from a PC under Windows. I had all sorts of problems getting Qtadb to 'see' my phone and the installed files.
This is what I had to do:
1. Download and install Qtadb and Windows binaries Google as can't post link
2. Download & install LG drivers
3. DL & install Busybox Google Play

The last item was my problem, I had seen this on one of the many threads I checked & had DL but had NOT installed. When installed all problems solved.

Hope this helps someone.:D

gilbatronics

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry but I don't think there is a cwm made for l45c
Hi long time phone community forum member but this my first post:

I spent multiple-hour long sessions looking for info on this stupid cute lil phone that my girls kid liked. and i was so shocked that first off i couldnt get this rooted with oneclick or a zergrush attack, then after rooting that there is little to no dev for this phone.

if you want to root it use unlockroot.com (i agree that this tool looks funny and like its going to be an advertisment or scam, but it worked)

for custom cwm recovery i used cmw v5.0.2.7 for the optimus q(lgl55c) this worked in the lgl45c that ive got i will not guarantee that it will in yours but if i was you id jsut go for it. I obtained it here:

androidarea51.com/***-all-things-root-***-12/custom-cwm-recovery-for-the-q/
---thanks to Mark_One (im guessing of that site) for the files adn info---

on that same page is the flash_image.zip file that you unzip to the root of your sd card and follow the instructions to flash the recovery into your phone. I used adb shell instead of terminal editor and used esfileexplorer.apk to move some files adn grant permissions where adbd wasnt cooperating

I put a pretty fun rom thats from the androidarea51 site into teh phone its some redrom adn is all devilish with red icons and widgets adn screams redrom redrom like redrum redrum on bootanimation this was also for the lgl55c so after i flashed it i did adn advance restore and only restored teh boot from my initial backup.

i am having a hell of a time getting this into a diagnostic mode?? lgs usually dont need to do anything just enable debugging. ive done this i get an lg androidnet modem adn two ports, they appear in qpst but are not listed with an active phone?? can anyone help me with this also spent hours looking for this, im wanting to flash it to cricket and need to change the prl.

hope this is helpful and reduces some peoples searchings for the optimus net lgl45c

MH58

Aug 11, 2012
LG L45C

you wouldnt happen to have the link for the lgl45c cwm would you?

I dont have the link, but you can find it at androidarea51 on the OptimusQ thread (lg l55c). It worked on mine. I just followed the directions exactly. Good luck, hope it helps.

Does anyone know where to find a link to a stock or rooted rom for this phone? Mine is rooted and has CWR 5.0.2.7, but is stuck in recovery bootloop. (loaned it to my daughters friend to play games on while i fixed his, he thought he could reset his game when he found settings, factory reset). If anyone could help i would appreciate it, or if anyone knows another way to get this to boot to phone i can go from there. thanks in advance, you guys on XDA are great.

Last edited:

question100

Aug 1, 2012
Manila
I dont have the link, but you can find it at androidarea51 on the OptimusQ thread (lg l55c). It worked on mine. I just followed the directions exactly. Good luck, hope it helps.

Does anyone know where to find a link to a stock or rooted rom for this phone? Mine is rooted and has CWR 5.0.2.7, but is stuck in recovery bootloop. (loaned it to my daughters friend to play games on while i fixed his, he thought he could reset his game when he found settings, factory reset). If anyone could help i would appreciate it, or if anyone knows another way to get this to boot to phone i can go from there. thanks in advance, you guys on XDA are great.

What have you flashed the phone to get a boot loop?

And a warning, when you actually had a Cwm on your phone and you factory reset it, your phone will be bricked.

sent via LG P690 using our neighbors secured Wi-Fi! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is a collection of links to threads related to LG Optimus net(P690 only)

Disclaimer:
    In case you damage your phone your brick it, you can't hold XDA or me responsible.Try the procedure at your own risk although its 99% working and tested on p690 v10e.

Rooting instructions:

1. Download and install 'Unlock Root' on your PC from here: Unlock Root for Android

2. Download and install LG Android Drivers from here: http://www.junefabrics.com/bin2/LGDriver.exe Restart your PC after installing drivers.

3: On your phone, Check 'USB Debugging'. Path: Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Tick 'USB Debugging'.

4. Again on phone, Unmount your SD Card. Go to: Menu > Settings > Storage > Tap on 'Unmount SD Card'. It'll give you a warning. Just press OK.

5. Connect your phone with PC. Phone will ask you to 'Turn on USB Storage'. DO NOT TURN IT ON! You should see this message on phone's notification bar: 'USB Debugging connected'.

6. On your PC, open UnlockRoot.exe ( A shortcut should be created on your desktop ) or Path: X:\Program Files\Unlockroot

7. Press root button! After process completes, it'll ask you to install 'Superuser.apk' and 'Battery Saver.apk'. Just press OK. Then you'll be asked to reboot your phone. Press OK. After reboot completes, go to menu and you'll find Superuser app there.

Congratulations! You've rooted your LG Optimus Net P690 !

Clockwork mod recovery for p690
    Disclaimer:
    Do not hold me or xda responsible if you end up bricking your phone ...

Procedure:
    You must have root and es file explorer.
    First of all download and put flash_image and recovery.img in sdcard/ from above link.
    Also download terminal emulator from play store.
    Using es file explorer long press on recovery.img go to properties and select show checksum . Tick md5 and select calculate. This should give you a mix of numbers and characters. Compare it to the md5 sum given in the thread it should match exactly. If not download again and try.

Open terminal emulator and type su and press enter. The $ should change into # .
    Now copy paste these lines one by one as is (without the #s)
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    # cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    # reboot recovery
    If you get file not found error ignore it and continue.

Flash for rooted p690
    Roms for p690

XPERIA based rom

IOS based rom

CM7 based:
    By jst_tsj
    By karandeepdps
    Miui port

ICS based roms :

AOKP ICS
    Xperia ICS

CM10 by LGICS

CM9 for p690(Camera not yet fixed)
    By Team LGICS
    By karandeepdps
    Jellyshame

JellyBean based ROMs(camera not working):
    Paranoid JB

AOKP JB
    CM10.1

Unbrick /Flash original rom
    Good work mate I'll try it afterwards and give feedback.
    But I'm too used to 4.1.2 for now so maybe try your luck with cm10 or aokp jb, I'll really appreciate that.

Yeah sure I will port a 4.1 rom and release it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 beta

**Press the thanks button if I have helped you.
    Hey guys I just ported a new rom for this phone everything that worked in CM9 works.
    Try it out probably the smoothest rom I have tried.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381939

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 beta

**Press the thanks button if I have helped you.
    I moved on to a HTC

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4 beta
    Kikat for lg p690?

Sent from my Tapatalk 2

Well I don't think we might see any kitkat roms for this phone because when tried building for the CM10.1 for the p690 there were heaps of errors but when it did build it didn't boot at all.
    Even then there might be a chance for you guys because markolino is coming back into the game but I don't think he would build for your phone.

Sent from my HTC One