Wake up lags !!!

Search This thread

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Is it me or everyone has this lag after pushing power button? 2 second lag.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

avhokie

Dec 16, 2007
I think i read around saying that was only an issue on the exynos devices where the SD card messes with the phone's performance?

Personally with my snapdragon 900I with a 32gb sandisk class 10, i havent been experiencing any performance slow downs.

I have the lag/lockup issue even without the SD card. The other day I was trying to record my 3 year old doing something new for the first time and missed it because my phone didn't wake up for at least 20 seconds. I was ready to smash the phone but decided I didn't want to eat the cost :) So now it's going to be replaced by a new S5 (not refurbished!). Hopefully that one will work a lot better than this one, otherwise that will go back too and I'll be back at the drawing board.

avhokie

Dec 16, 2007
I have the lag/lockup issue even without the SD card. The other day I was trying to record my 3 year old doing something new for the first time and missed it because my phone didn't wake up for at least 20 seconds. I was ready to smash the phone but decided I didn't want to eat the cost :) So now it's going to be replaced by a new S5 (not refurbished!). Hopefully that one will work a lot better than this one, otherwise that will go back too and I'll be back at the drawing board.

I've only had the new phone for less than 12 hours so I can't fully review the various lags I get with this one yet. But it's already disappointing that the standard wake up lag is about 2 seconds. I don't know if Samsung screwed up or if this is the bloated turd of a ROM that Verizon puts on it. but as of now I'm leaning toward giving it back and going with the M8. I'll give it a few more days before I make a final decision :(

avhokie

Dec 16, 2007
I've only had the new phone for less than 12 hours so I can't fully review the various lags I get with this one yet. But it's already disappointing that the standard wake up lag is about 2 seconds. I don't know if Samsung screwed up or if this is the bloated turd of a ROM that Verizon puts on it. but as of now I'm leaning toward giving it back and going with the M8. I'll give it a few more days before I make a final decision :(

Someone in a different thread mentioned using SoftLocker to prevent this lag. I installed that last night and I'm getting much less lag! And even though SoftLocker doesn't allow the phone to go into deep sleep, it doesn't look like it has affect battery life that much. Will keep playing with this...hopefully this is the right workaround to the lag issue until an official fix comes out. :)

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007

I think mine has gotten worse. Now I am noticing that it's taking me more than one tries to turn the phone on when hitting the power button. I would sometimes have to press the power button 3 times to get the phone to wake up. Anyone else getting this?? I did a factory reset and it seem to have corrected it a little. Could this be a software issue?

mb1991

Jun 2, 2014
I think mine has gotten worse. Now I am noticing that it's taking me more than one tries to turn the phone on when hitting the power button. I would sometimes have to press the power button 3 times to get the phone to wake up. Anyone else getting this?? I did a factory reset and it seem to have corrected it a little. Could this be a software issue?

i have the same problem every time i try to wake up the phone i need to push the power button more than 3 times to wake up i tried reseting the phone to factory even reinstalling the rom via odin i still get the problem i went to samsung service center and they refused to do anything because they couldn't confirm the problem

TechAnimal

Nov 17, 2008
Sorry to hear of all these issues. I've got the 'H' variant and have no wake issues. I noticed that the dialer is crappy and will sometimes cause the phone to lag if you lock the phone while in dialer (so I always exit dialer) but nothing else. When this lag happens it only affects fingerprint unlock. Power button is always responsive.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
The new NE6 update (I'm in the US with tmobile) fixed the issue completely. Now every time, even after a couple hours, it wakes up instantly. I thought the international S5 already got the update, but I guess not.

mb1991

Jun 2, 2014
i replaced touchwiz with apex launcher pro also i changed the screen lock to none and installed locker master its been 3 hours with no lag i'll keep you updated

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
i have the same problem every time i try to wake up the phone i need to push the power button more than 3 times to wake up i tried reseting the phone to factory even reinstalling the rom via odin i still get the problem i went to samsung service center and they refused to do anything because they couldn't confirm the problem

I have the international 900M. I went out and bought the Tmobile 900T. I no longer have the power button issue not waking up the phone. I am wondering if this is related to a software issue or hardware. Samsung wants me to bring in my 900M for review, but I am afraid they will not be able to reproduce the issue and send it back to me the very same way. I have 14 days to return the Tmobile 900T, so I will keep it while I send in my 900M. I really hope this is software related, I really love this phone. If they are not able to fix, I will keep the Tmobile version and sell the 900M.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

The new NE6 update (I'm in the US with tmobile) fixed the issue completely. Now every time, even after a couple hours, it wakes up instantly. I thought the international S5 already got the update, but I guess not.

Did you also experience the power button taking 2-3 presses to wake the phone as well? or were you only experiencing the home/power button lag?

dinocol

Jul 12, 2006
also having a wake up lag problem.. sometimes you need to press the power button a couple of times before it wakes up.. g900f :(

mb1991

Jun 2, 2014
i replaced touchwiz with apex launcher pro also i changed the screen lock to none and installed locker master its been 3 hours with no lag i'll keep you updated

it's been now 9 hours since I replaced TouchWiz with apex launcher and locker master I didn't experience any wake up lag I hope it stays that way. I think there's a bug in the new TouchWiz I hope that Samsung addresses this bug and fix it

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
it's been now 9 hours since I replaced TouchWiz with apex launcher and locker master I didn't experience any wake up lag I hope it stays that way. I think there's a bug in the new TouchWiz I hope that Samsung addresses this bug and fix it

had the same lag.. using fingerprint lock..

home button doesn't wake the phone unless i press the power button..

After the update had the same issue..

i thought of removing the camera shortcut from the lock screen.. so i did..

So far no lag.. almost 2 days.. hope this work until next update.. SM-G900F

mb1991

Jun 2, 2014
had the same lag.. using fingerprint lock..

home button doesn't wake the phone unless i press the power button..

After the update had the same issue..

i thought of removing the camera shortcut from the lock screen.. so i did..

So far no lag.. almost 2 days.. hope this work until next update.. SM-G900F

i did what you said and it worked thank you

wtzky

Apr 16, 2014
I have no lag at all when turning on the screen normally, however I am experiencing massive lag (up to 30s) when getting a phone call and my phone is in deep sleep. It has been bad enough that I missed a couple of calls because I couldn't swipe to answer. I now have the 'press home button to answer' option on, however I would still like to see who is calling. Anyone experienced this and have any fixes?