My Xperia Z wont boot

Search This thread

troyg1

Jun 29, 2014
After a failed update the phone shows a sony sign then goes off, and displays the samething when i charge the phone can anyone help me on what to do because i have done some many things as directed from different site but none worked i need someone who can put me through on what to do

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
After a failed update the phone shows a sony sign then goes off, and displays the samething when i charge the phone can anyone help me on what to do because i have done some many things as directed from different site but none worked i need someone who can put me through on what to do

You tried to flash ftf with flashtool?

troyg1

Jun 29, 2014
hmm you tried another ftf and latest flashtool? or tried SUS?
if all of them not worked so try that: :(
in flashtool when flashtool start flashing the ftf DISCONNECT your phone!!!!!
this may change the soft brick type...
Then try to flash the ftf again

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk

You guys have been extremely wonderful i tried that too it didnt work and then i ran X10 V BLRelock before flashing and it all went through i so glad because this is the first thing i did on Monday and it went successful i am so so happy

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
You guys have been extremely wonderful i tried that too it didnt work and then i ran X10 V BLRelock before flashing and it all went through i so glad because this is the first thing i did on Monday and it went successful i am so so happy
its xda bro!! we all should help each other :)

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010

I'm sorry, but that is a really irresponsible thing to suggest.

To anybody reading this thread and thinking of trying that : NEVER do this. You can possibly hard brick your device if you disconnect it when Flashtool is writing to it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: neoxx3m

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X

To anybody reading this thread and thinking of trying that : NEVER do this. You can possibly hard brick your device if you disconnect it when Flashtool is writing to it.

Kingvortex is right, you should NEVER EVER do this because of hard brick. :good:

Reactions: kingvortex

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
hmm you tried another ftf and latest flashtool? or tried SUS?
if all of them not worked so try that: :(
Then try to flash the ftf again

Disconnecting during flash might possibly render the phone useless!

Jaguvar

Aug 22, 2013
for me also same problem but i flashed tft and removed my memory card, then its okay.

My phone Xperia Z C6602 10.5.A.0.230 rooted.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
but i did that any my phone just stuck at bootloop :D
but yeah its may be danger to do that its may cause more than bootloop (stuntman:D)

If you knew that, then you should have warned them before suggesting it.
If they had bricked their phone, who would pay for a new one? You?

People come here and ask questions because they trust the people here to give proper advice, not guess work and dangerous procedures.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
If you knew that, then you should have warned them before suggesting it.
If they had bricked their phone, who would pay for a new one? You?

People come here and ask questions because they trust the people here to give proper advice, not guess work and dangerous procedures.

he's phone is already bricked
i suggest few things and didnt worked so what to do??

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
he's phone is already bricked
i suggest few things and didnt worked so what to do??

A soft brick is recoverable most of the time and not a huge problem. The worst that usually happens is that you have to wipe the phone and lose your data.

A hard brick means the end and an expensive repair or a new device. If that had happened, then what? You would say sorry and move on while they would be left with a dead phone.

Just be careful what you advise people to do, that's all I'm saying. People ask here because they don't know about these things and the risks involved.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
A soft brick is recoverable most of the time and not a huge problem. The worst that usually happens is that you have to wipe the phone and lose your data.

A hard brick means the end and an expensive repair or a new device. If that had happened, then what? You would say sorry and move on while they would be left with a dead phone.

Just be careful what you advise people to do, that's all I'm saying. People ask here because they don't know about these things and the risks involved.

Calm down I'm sure he has realized his mistake.
Peace :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: androidfreak70

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!

ok ok ok!! cool down!!
thanks bro :)

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014

x10 and XZ are different models don't experiment.
Download your phone models firmware and flash
Please use SUS/Emma if flashtool does not resolve your issue
suggest you to take it to a service center instead of hard bricking the phone if all methods fail

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I'm perfectly calm. Just responding to him trying to justify what was a dangerous piece of advice.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
ok ok ok!! cool down!!

Please read up before suggesting as @kingvortex said, loosing a phone is a monetary loss too

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I'm perfectly calm. Just responding to him trying to justify what was a dangerous piece of advice.

agreed!:good:

Reactions: kingvortex

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!

i actually did that
i was trying to downgrade in i did that for a reason in the past and the phone was stuck it sony logo and then i just flashed an ftf and its work again

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Please read up before suggesting as @kingvortex said, loosing a phone is a monetary loss too
i know that
no one got the phone for free

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kingvortex is right, you should NEVER EVER do this because of hard brick. :good:

ok ok ok!! cool down!!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

agreed!:good:
    i actually did that
    i was trying to downgrade in i did that for a reason in the past and the phone was stuck it sony logo and then i just flashed an ftf and its work again

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

i know that
    no one got the phone for free

Lets stop the debate.
    It will turn in to an argument then.