[Q] Is It Possible to remove Emotion UI from Huawei Mediapad X1

Search This thread

bd5ive

Feb 2, 2009
I just bought a Huawei X1 to find out i dont like the UI :p
was wondering if it is possible to remove it and have a pure or clean kitkat rom installed on the device?
since i'm new to android, I did some jailbreaking on iphone back in iphone4 era... but after I got my 5s forget all about that, now I like to have a clean android and non of the chinese apps.

mru55

Mar 10, 2014
Yes you can. :good:
Just install another launchern such as Apex or nova.
Pure ROMs don't exist for this phablet.

Some launchers require root. See main tgread for instructions which depend on tge firmware version.
With root you can also remove the chinese apps.

bd5ive

Feb 2, 2009
Yes you can. :good:
Just install another launchern such as Apex or nova.
Pure ROMs don't exist for this phablet.

Some launchers require root. See main tgread for instructions which depend on tge firmware version.
With root you can also remove the chinese apps.

thx for the answer, any way too root kitkat on x1 ? (4.4.2)
I tried some none seems to work yet...
Those I tried :
Vroot 1.7.3
SRSroot 4.7
Rootgenius

can some one help?

mru55

Mar 10, 2014
The root question has already been answered in the thread of each firmware. Check which X1 you have (e.g 7D-503L) and the last four digits of the firmware (e.g B0007). Then look for that thread and find the correct info.

bd5ive

Feb 2, 2009
finally got to root the X1 on kitkat (501U,B007) with vroot 1.7.8
still working on removing bloatware and things i dont like and need :D

vuhongduong

Jan 30, 2007
Hanoi
You can remove Huawei Emotion UI from and use another launcher. I use Nova Launcher.

Screenshot_2014-08-10-09-52-21_zpslgee42wl.jpeg

Screenshot_2014-08-10-09-52-30_zpswrvndnev.jpeg

mpj1978

Mar 28, 2016
Pensacola, FL
You can remove Huawei Emotion UI from and use another launcher. I use Nova Launcher.

Unfortunately, this does NOT resolve the conflicts with Xposed, etc. I fully deodexed an Emotion v2.3 ROM, and am now able to run SuperSU (fully) and Xposed v2.5.1, but I still have to disable resource hooks in order to use any newer version of Xposed (which prevents most Xposed theming activities).

I think the real question is not just how to change the face of the UI (easily enough done), but how to eliminate the conflicts caused by Huawei's underlying theming engine. For this to work, it would be necessary to completely eradicate Huawei's theming engine. Thus far, this has proven impossible.

If anyone has any suggestions, to this end, PLEASE share.

Thank you.

Last edited:

jaffacake2000

Mar 11, 2016
Unfortunately, this does NOT resolve the conflicts with Xposed, etc. I fully deodexed an Emotion v2.3 ROM, and am now able to run SuperSU (fully) and Xposed v2.5.1, but I still have to disable resource hooks in order to use any newer version of Xposed (which prevents most Xposed theming activities).

I think the real question is not just how to change the face of the UI (easily enough done), but how to eliminate the conflicts caused by Huawei's underlying theming engine. For this to work, it would be necessary to completely eradicate Huawei's theming engine. Thus far, this has proven impossible.

Thank you.

You are absolutely right. Installing another launcher from google playstore means the new launcher will be running on top of EmotionUI. So, two launchers will be taking up valuable resources (memory) simultaneously and thats a memory hog which will slow down the phone. I have already done this and I know how slow my phone became and it kept freezing so now i have taken the playstore launcher off and back to EmotionUI.

My phone is rooted and I had once delete the emotionUI files using some root file explorer but upon restart the EmotionUI got loaded back into memory. I gonna have a look if i can find traces of emotionUI on the hard drive of the phone and then delete it all.

Reactions: sauliavas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you.

You are absolutely right. Installing another launcher from google playstore means the new launcher will be running on top of EmotionUI. So, two launchers will be taking up valuable resources (memory) simultaneously and thats a memory hog which will slow down the phone. I have already done this and I know how slow my phone became and it kept freezing so now i have taken the playstore launcher off and back to EmotionUI.

My phone is rooted and I had once delete the emotionUI files using some root file explorer but upon restart the EmotionUI got loaded back into memory. I gonna have a look if i can find traces of emotionUI on the hard drive of the phone and then delete it all.