Further steps - after Vanilla and WXML v0.10

Search This thread

apokryphus

Dec 5, 2006
At first i would like to thank all guys in the community that worked for it and making this possible - you all are doing this for fun and not for a salary, you all are idealists.

But, especially to kyphur, how it will goes on now? Bug fixing or releasing the one we really wanted?

Almost everybody, me too, flashed a WM6 version either Vanilla or v0.01 and is now sreaming that this is and that is not working. Of course it is a little bit frustating but why you should give up the primary goal - the building of a stable and note beta based rom - for bug fixing?

Now the first WM6 rom is out, the issue with the unnamed source of the "real" in difference to the "beta" rom steps more and more in the background and the time for releasing the real rom, as you wanted to do it, comes closer and closer.

I think it would be a much bigger effort to work on the real rom and checking the dangerous items in it, than doing that bug fixing.
As more you concentrate on this as faster it will be there and, in the end, when we have it, nobody will uses the bugfixes anymore.

other opinions?

Last edited:

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
I have not abandoned the original Rom Base for WMXL. It is still there and I still want to release a version based on it or it's predecessor (such as an approved for official release carrier Rom).

apokryphus

Dec 5, 2006
I have not abandoned the original Rom Base for WMXL. It is still there and I still want to release a version based on it or it's predecessor (such as an approved for official release carrier Rom).

Great, thank you and in case that you did not not recognized my pm´s, just delete them.

You´re great!

.VIBE

Jan 25, 2007
Cape Town
I say head on to the final release. There are enough guru's here who can figure out how to fix those niggly little bugs, but there's only Kryphur with his finger on the crossbow ROM...

Last edited:

pinkopalino

Mar 23, 2006
Cologne
I, too are anxious to see the original wm6 rom development coming around at some later stage. I can understand the recent hype though, since I also use my Hermes both as a tech toy and as a work system being torn between these both "system states" often enough. :) The advent of a stable productive version would surely make my day and I believe the original devt. was a better chance in this direction. For the time being, I am quite content with playing around with what is availeable as of now, knowing that I can always revert to my 'stable' HTC Test rom.
So many great possibilities have surfaced in just the last couple of days, that I am quite sure soon we will basically be able to find solutions for everyones different needs and priorities here.
I for one am definitely keeping an eye out for k's original rom project.
Thank you for your effort and support.

BigBen

Jan 6, 2007
SoFla
BZ

I agree with apokryphus's premise, which needed to be expressed. I am sitting back waiting for the "original" ROM that kyphur promised. I use my device for work and play, and don't have time or motivation to be squashing bugs all the time ;) When I flash, I want to have a working system that I won't have to constantly return to the forum to find bug fixes for, and I know there are many out there like myself.

Now, friend Kyphur, you are stuck with trying to field all the posts in the "Issues" thread, while at the same time working on the original goal. Did you guys see how heated the thread got at a couple of points?

A thousand thanks, Kyphur, I admire (but don't envy) you! Just don't let the furor raised by the "early release" sidetrack you, PLEASE! "

BZ" as we used to say in the Navy: "Bravo Zulu" (signal talk for "Well Done.")

Best regards to you and your collaborators.

Ben, deported from Chi-Town to Florida.

apokryphus

Dec 5, 2006
In according to duttys "rom koch" all we need at last is a stable and original rom then we will have all we need to cook our own specified rom with appz we want and without those we do not want.

I think when kyphur will release his genuine rom, we will have one of the best devices - with out gps - that we can have!