HTC EVO View 4G

Search This thread

bboymickey

Aug 24, 2008
that raises a good point. I just got the view 4g and don't know if the same things that are posted in this forum (flyer) are the same things that apply to my tab

burry

Dec 9, 2010
Salt Lake City
nx42.com
the htc flyer and htc evo view 4g are the same device though where as the evo view 4g has a sprint radio in it and a different case for the device (the flyer's back cover comes off supposedly)

Renegade360

Apr 23, 2008
SW FL
The Evo View and Flyer are the same tablet except for 3 main things. Case Color is black vs white. View is 3g/4g+wifi, Flyer is Wifi only. View has 32g ram, Flyer is 16G. There is no other difference in cases, layout or hardware. There are some differences in software builds but they are slight and basically for the 3g/4g connection.

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
The Evo View and Flyer are the same tablet except for 3 main things. Case Color is black vs white. View is 3g/4g+wifi, Flyer is Wifi only. View has 32g ram, Flyer is 16G. There is no other difference in cases, layout or hardware. There are some differences in software builds but they are slight and basically for the 3g/4g connection.

Not quite true, The Flyer can be WiFi only 16Gb or 3G/HSDPA 32Gb.

frh1

May 15, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
Not quite true, The Flyer can be WiFi only 16Gb or 3G/HSDPA 32Gb.

And for me, that adds to the confusion. I am having a hard time trying to figure out if the EU (and other) 3G/HSDPA (4G?) versions of the Flyer have more in common with the View than they have with the varius WiFi only Versions of the Flyer. Perhaps, instead of a View sub forum, we should be asking for a 3G / 4G sub forum?

Rooting my Droid X was more like "press the button, wait for it to restart itself and it was done." The concept of having to know something about what you are doing or you will screw it up is pretty scary. And with so many slightly different versions of the tablet, I am absolutely terrified that I will brick it. But still, I am absolutely commited to learning how to root my View (even if it is just to get full bluetooth compatibility).

I went through two Samsung Galaxy Tablets, then took a WiFi only Flyer back in order to get the View, so I have a pretty goo understanding of the difference between the US versions of the device. But with so many other versions worldwide, it makes me afraid that I might do something that might have worked on let's say an EU version of the tablet, but not on my View. Anything that helps keep that from happening would be a good thing.

For lack of a better time and place to say this, I am very grateful that there seems to be a lot more civility and a higher level of acceptance for newbies (like me) in this section of the forum than in sections devoted to more established devices (for instance the EVO 4G). (Unfortunately I did not know enough to not allow the OTA Update that happened a few days after I bought my EVO 4G.)

Last edited:

CrippleB

Aug 19, 2010
El Sobrante, CA.
I have a US View and rooted it. As far as the new devices root methods it is pretty much click a file you are s-off then flash a recovery then flash su and yore rooted. If you have flashed roms before this will be a breeze to root your view.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: warmer8559

s0cal

Jun 26, 2011
Where is the section for the HTC EVO View 4G? I noticed that their isnt a section for it and also people on XDA said that the HTC Flyer isnt compatible with the EVO View. So I was wondering if the moderators can make a permanent section for them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The flyer is the WiFi only version. The view is the sprint branded version

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
    I have a US View and rooted it. As far as the new devices root methods it is pretty much click a file you are s-off then flash a recovery then flash su and yore rooted. If you have flashed roms before this will be a breeze to root your view.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App