Otterbox Commuter & XO Skins Screen protector Review w/ PICS!

Search This thread

k20igor

Jan 9, 2012
Hey xda members, 2 days ago i got my Otterbox Commuter case, and today i recieved my XO Skins screen protector.

This is my first time writing a review, so please bare with me lol

So I've been using the otterbox case for a few days now and i must say I LOVE IT!
the fit is very nice, looks great, and feels awesome. I have read that some people find it to be too slippery, but for me its great. I likke how it has the flaps for the charger port and headphones jack, helps keep out dust and such. It sits very nicely in the hand, i found the phone without any case to be a little slim and i felt like it was going to slip out everytime I held it. The one concern I have with this case is the power button, and those that have this case please let me know if it's the same with yours, i can't feel the button actually push in, it feels more like I just touch it and the screen comes on or off. Not sure if I like it or not but i am getting used to it now. The volume buttons on the other hand feel fine. At first i was worried that the case would make the phone look and feel bulky, as i had one for my X2, but i was surprised this doesn't add too much bulk. The phone, to me at least, feels perfect in my hand. Also this case covers up the the prongs below the power button, i don't mind or care about it but some of you might so keep that in mind. Also i do have the extanded battery 2100mAh too and did try it with this case and it's not a nice fit. There are some gaps on the sides and the buttons seem like they are pressed in at times so i would not recommend this case with the extended battery.

And just a few hours ago I recieved my XO Skins screen protector in the mail and put it on right away. My previous screen protector I had just before i put this one on was the verizon one, and it sucked. Cut outs were bad and too large for the toop speaker and there was about a mm of space on the edges of the screen, which i didn't like. The XO on the other hand is fantastic. The screen protector is almost invisible unless you look at the cutout for the front cam and light sensor. It goes right to the very edge of the screen which i like. The quality is also fantastic. The material feels somewhat like that of the ZAGG but no orange peel what so ever, which i also like. I did however order the ZAGG as well for the full body just to be safe lol.

Overall I recommend this case with this screen protector to anyone, both are a great combination. The case i got on ebay for 29.50 and free shipping and the screen protector i got from the XO website, and somewhere on here someone posted some discount coupons which i wish i would have seen before i bought mine but no biggy it was only 13.xx i believe plus 2.99 shipping

I also have on the way and SGP Neo Hybrid case which i will post a review once i get it. Got the Reventon Yellow.

zvqx3a.jpg

i5nqsh.jpg

t8wz6e.jpg

16bycxv.jpg

^The cutouts are really nice and precise unlike the verizon one i had
1z6yyqe.jpg

8vom1l.jpg

2uosw9e.jpg

1dj42.jpg

Also, you can't really tell here but the XO skins doesn't affect the quality of the screen what so ever. took that pic on the Nexus actually hood of my car ;) very nice pics even though some people complain.

If someone would like to know something more or see more pics let me know.
Thanks

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Question about the XO skin (not directed towards the topic creator but I just figured that since this thread is somewhat related to it I could ask it here), how does the lifetime replacement warranty work? Is it like, you order it and get it but you apply it wrong somehow and it gets ruined they will send you back a new perfect one for you to apply?

k20igor

Jan 9, 2012
Question about the XO skin (not directed towards the topic creator but I just figured that since this thread is somewhat related to it I could ask it here), how does the lifetime replacement warranty work? Is it like, you order it and get it but you apply it wrong somehow and it gets ruined they will send you back a new perfect one for you to apply?

i dont think so, but i'm not 100% sure. maybe someone else could say

CBMC

Apr 12, 2009

I sent them a email. They sent me a link to order a replacement with a rma #. You have to pay $3 and some change for shipping. They tell you too send back the original skin, but for me they sent the replacement upon payment for the shipping. Note that they don't send you any more solution so if you don't have any left you can order more from the site for $3. Not sure if the adding of the solution will increase the shipping costs since I didn't order it. Basically they sent the skins in a regular envelope for regular first class postage of $.44. So they really don't lose anything because they make about $3 on the postage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I got shafted then!!! lol I guess amazon didn't have it at the time. Oh well:D

most likely lol.. ive seen them price drop on Amazon lately... bought myself the Commuter last night for ~$29 with free shipping.
Had a Case-Mate Tough Case before but was tired of the silicon attracting dust plus Case-Mate refunded me the money I paid for the case so it's like I got it for free because of the revision. Decided not to go with Case-Mate again and give this case a try as I bought a extended battery and that wouldn't fit with Case-mate.

Commuter: http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM4...22G6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326478967&sr=8-1
$28

Defender: http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM2...232E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326478967&sr=8-2
Cheapest: $36 (says $32 but you have to pay shipping)

bah looks like I paid $1 over :p oh well haha

Last edited:

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
I use the spray for a cleaner now. you can just refill the bottle with water. Add a drop of dish soap if you want. That's all it is. Someone sprayed some in their eye and they said that on their twitter account http://twitter.com/xoskins

That Otter box and xo combo looks great. I have been waiting to get the Otterbox for it, just waiting for it local. I'll probably just order online for it now.

Last edited:

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I sent them a email. They sent me a link to order a replacement with a rma #. You have to pay $3 and some change for shipping. They tell you too send back the original skin, but for me they sent the replacement upon payment for the shipping. Note that they don't send you any more solution so if you don't have any left you can order more from the site for $3. Not sure if the adding of the solution will increase the shipping costs since I didn't order it. Basically they sent the skins in a regular envelope for regular first class postage of $.44. So they really don't lose anything because they make about $3 on the postage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Cool.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey xda members, 2 days ago i got my Otterbox Commuter case, and today i recieved my XO Skins screen protector.

This is my first time writing a review, so please bare with me lol

So I've been using the otterbox case for a few days now and i must say I LOVE IT!
    the fit is very nice, looks great, and feels awesome. I have read that some people find it to be too slippery, but for me its great. I likke how it has the flaps for the charger port and headphones jack, helps keep out dust and such. It sits very nicely in the hand, i found the phone without any case to be a little slim and i felt like it was going to slip out everytime I held it. The one concern I have with this case is the power button, and those that have this case please let me know if it's the same with yours, i can't feel the button actually push in, it feels more like I just touch it and the screen comes on or off. Not sure if I like it or not but i am getting used to it now. The volume buttons on the other hand feel fine. At first i was worried that the case would make the phone look and feel bulky, as i had one for my X2, but i was surprised this doesn't add too much bulk. The phone, to me at least, feels perfect in my hand. Also this case covers up the the prongs below the power button, i don't mind or care about it but some of you might so keep that in mind. Also i do have the extanded battery 2100mAh too and did try it with this case and it's not a nice fit. There are some gaps on the sides and the buttons seem like they are pressed in at times so i would not recommend this case with the extended battery.

And just a few hours ago I recieved my XO Skins screen protector in the mail and put it on right away. My previous screen protector I had just before i put this one on was the verizon one, and it sucked. Cut outs were bad and too large for the toop speaker and there was about a mm of space on the edges of the screen, which i didn't like. The XO on the other hand is fantastic. The screen protector is almost invisible unless you look at the cutout for the front cam and light sensor. It goes right to the very edge of the screen which i like. The quality is also fantastic. The material feels somewhat like that of the ZAGG but no orange peel what so ever, which i also like. I did however order the ZAGG as well for the full body just to be safe lol.

Overall I recommend this case with this screen protector to anyone, both are a great combination. The case i got on ebay for 29.50 and free shipping and the screen protector i got from the XO website, and somewhere on here someone posted some discount coupons which i wish i would have seen before i bought mine but no biggy it was only 13.xx i believe plus 2.99 shipping

I also have on the way and SGP Neo Hybrid case which i will post a review once i get it. Got the Reventon Yellow.

zvqx3a.jpg

i5nqsh.jpg

t8wz6e.jpg

16bycxv.jpg

^The cutouts are really nice and precise unlike the verizon one i had
    1z6yyqe.jpg

8vom1l.jpg

2uosw9e.jpg

1dj42.jpg

Also, you can't really tell here but the XO skins doesn't affect the quality of the screen what so ever. took that pic on the Nexus actually hood of my car ;) very nice pics even though some people complain.

If someone would like to know something more or see more pics let me know.
    Thanks