banner.png

about.png

- Based on IceColdSandwich by LorDClockaN
- Latest AOKP version
- Compiled from source
- Android 4.0.4

issues.png

- Front camera is not recognized
- YouTube HD doesn’t work (disable HD and it works fine)
- Pen doesn’t work and will cause a reboot
- Bluetooth hasn’t been implemented yet
- Screwed bootanimation sometimes
- You tell us?

notes.png

Starting from 1.2, we mount storage devices the native ICS way. This means, your external MicroSD card will be mounted as /mnt/sdcard, and therefore recognized as the real SD-card. Your internal storage is used as External Multimedia Card, and is mounted on /mnt/emmc. File managers and Music and other applications should be able to utilize /mnt/emmc as well for usage, but not all applications can use it (e.g. Camera). If you want to use the internal storage as primary storage on /mnt/sdcard, and the external MicroSD as EMMC, you can flash InternalSD.zip to swap them around.

Also, USB host functionality is working now. Download StickMount from the Play Store, and use a USB-Y cable to hook it up as follows: use a microUSB to Female USB plug in your Flyer (they're 1$ on Chinese wholesale sites). Then, use a Y-cable to connect to that plug. The other male plug of the Y-cable has to be inserted in a power source (a PC, or a wall charger, I use the one that came with my Desire). The MicroUSB on the other site of the Y-cable is connected to a USB-hub. Hook the USB stick up to that hub, and reboot your Flyer. The hub should get powered, and StickMount should be able to mount the USB device. FAT/FAT32 works, NTFS should work though untested.

If you have a WiFi Flyer: download the WiFi-Flyer-Patch.zip down below here as well. and flash it on top of the ROM. It gets rid of the Cell Standby Battery Usage, which improves your battery life.

If you unlocked your device using HTCDev: download the HTCDev Bootimage for the version of the ROM you're using, and save it in the same folder as adb.exe and fastboot.exe on your computer. Then follow the guides below here.

If you can get in recovery:
Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Dalvik Cache, and flash the ROM. Then, on your PC, enter 'adb reboot bootloader' in the command prompt/terminal. Wait until you get in the bootloader, and enter 'fastboot erase cache'. And lastly, enter 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'. Then choose REBOOT in the bootloader on your Flyer, and enjoy ICS.

If you can't get in recovery because you used HTCDev and haven't flashed a custom recovery: turn off your Flyer. Then hold Volume Down and Power until you get in HBOOT. Wait about 20 seconds, and press POWER to enter FASTBOOT. On your PC, enter: 'fastboot erase cache', then enter 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'. Then choose the first option in the menu on your Flyer, and wait another 20 seconds, and choose RECOVERY. Then follow the procedure up here at 'If you can get in recovery'. The recovery.img for this can be found in this thread:
DoomLorDs Touch CWMs

If you are S-OFF using Revolutionary or any other method: you're fine. Flash the ROM, flash WiFi-Flyer-Patch.zip on top of it if you have a WiFi-only Flyer, and enjoy.

changelog.png

Version 1.2 - codename rememberthis

- Merged latest AOKP changes
- Microphone might be working, though untested (use e.g. SoundHound to test)
- Touch fling disabled, no afterscroll, but no jumpbacks either anymore

Version 1.1 - codename woohoocamera

- Back camera works now
- Brightness adjustment works now
- Updated kernel, contains new CPU governors

Version 1.0 – codename connected

- Initial release

downloads.png

WiFi Flyer Patch: download from our server!

InternalSD Patch: download from our server!

Version 1.2: ROM for Honeycomb HBOOT: download from our server!
Version 1.2 boot.img for HTCDev Unlocked: download from our server!

Version 1.1:
ROM for Honeycomb HBOOT: download from our server!
download from our Dev-Host account!
HTCDev unlocked people: you have to wait a bit longer until we have the new bootimage. By flashing the 1.0 bootimage, WiFi will be broken. Camera/brightness fix is implemented in the ROM itself, not the bootimage. Make a NANDROID, Wipe Dalvik Cache, flash the ROM, reboot. We haven't tested yet whether your old apps are still installed, so make a backup! If you applied flyermounts.sh on an earlier flash, you don't have to do it again!

Version 1.0:
download from Ioiwillioi's Dev-Host account!
download from Ioiwillioi's second Dev-Host account!

HTCDev Unlock Bootimage: downoad from our server

If you want to mirror our ROMs, PM me.
donations.png

Donations are greatly appreciated, and can be made using PayPal to corepwn20@gmail.com

thanksto.png

- DonUber, a great guy to work with on these projects, and compiling the ROMs
- LorD ClockaN for his IceColdSandwich base
- YNCConsulting for his help with the graphics

Last edited:

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
If you have time, could you mirror the main ROM please? I don't know what the DL speed is in UK/USA, but here in the Netherlands we get about 300KB/s ;p

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
If you have time, could you mirror the main ROM please? I don't know what the DL speed is in UK/USA, but here in the Netherlands we get about 300KB/s ;p

I am having probe with my FTP been trying to fix it, will a couple of links to dev host do I can have em ready in 10 mins, I knows it not ideal but takes strain off the main server upload speed around 2200kb/s

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

MoiZie

Apr 2, 2008
"In before ‘but I don’t have a MicroSD laying around!’: get one. A 2GB card is just 5 bucks, I don’t think that’s worth the hassle to fix this in the ROM to switch mountpoints again."

Too bad, 21 GB is enough for me. I'll wait until some dev creates a rom that doesn't need this then.

Nice work though.

Edit; besides; you can show me a 32 GB (else it's just pointless) class 10 micro SD card for 5 euro's ;)

Last edited:

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
I am having probe with my FTP been trying to fix it, will a couple of links to dev host do I can have em ready in 10 mins, I knows it not ideal but takes strain off the main server

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

We'll upload them to Dev-Host ourselves, thanks ;)

JOLiu

Dec 10, 2010
If you have a WiFi Flyer: download the WiFi-Flyer-Patch.zip down below here as well. and flash it on top of the ROM. It gets rid of the Cell Standby Battery Usage, which improves your battery life.

If you unlocked your device using HTCDev: download the HTCDev Bootimage for the version of the ROM you're using, and save it in the same folder as adb.exe and fastboot.exe on your computer. Then follow the guides below here.

Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Dalvik Cache, and flash the ROM. Then, on your PC, enter 'adb reboot bootloader' in the command prompt/terminal. Wait until you get in the bootloader, and enter 'fastboot erase cache'. And lastly, enter 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'. Then choose REBOOT in the bootloader on your Flyer, and enjoy ICS.

If you are S-OFF using Revolutionary or any other method: you're fine. Flash the ROM, flash WiFi-Flyer-Patch.zip on top of it if you have a WiFi-only Flyer, and enjoy.

Quick question re: install. If I got to S-Off via Revolutionary, do I still need to do the adb reboot booloader etc steps, or can I install simply by wiping data and dalvik cache, then flashing the ROM (then the wifi patch)?

From reading your instructions above, it was not 100% clear to me whether the adb command lines were necessary for all installs, or if it was necessary only for installs where the device was unlocked via HTCDev.

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
Quick question re: install. If I got to S-Off via Revolutionary, do I still need to do the adb reboot booloader etc steps, or can I install simply by wiping data and dalvik cache, then flashing the ROM (then the wifi patch)?

From reading your instructions above, it was not 100% clear to me whether the adb command lines were necessary for all installs, or if it was necessary only for installs where the device was unlocked via HTCDev.

Last line ;) If you used Revolutionary, just flash the ROM like any other ROM :) No ADB or anything necessary, just wipe and flash the ZIP.

Reactions: JOLiu

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
You guys have revived my flyer. I remember the change from 3.2.1 to 4.0.3 on my old transformer was completely smoother, and quicker, and ive been excited for it to finally come to the flyer. Ics on any device is honestly much smoother and nicer to use than any other previous os. Thanks for all your time working on this stubborn tablet...especially getting aokp up and running right away

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
Do you want me to fix the boot animation and publish an update .zip ?

You can't fix it by a simple new bootanimation.zip. Apparently, the old orientation is used for the animation for some reason. We removed the bootanimation.zip as well, to get the regular ANDROID logo, but that was glitched as well ;)it is something we have to fix through the code or kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

about.png

- Based on IceColdSandwich by LorDClockaN
    - Latest AOKP version
    - Compiled from source
    - Android 4.0.4

issues.png

- Front camera is not recognized
    - YouTube HD doesn’t work (disable HD and it works fine)
    - Pen doesn’t work and will cause a reboot
    - Bluetooth hasn’t been implemented yet
    - Screwed bootanimation sometimes
    - You tell us?

notes.png

Starting from 1.2, we mount storage devices the native ICS way. This means, your external MicroSD card will be mounted as /mnt/sdcard, and therefore recognized as the real SD-card. Your internal storage is used as External Multimedia Card, and is mounted on /mnt/emmc. File managers and Music and other applications should be able to utilize /mnt/emmc as well for usage, but not all applications can use it (e.g. Camera). If you want to use the internal storage as primary storage on /mnt/sdcard, and the external MicroSD as EMMC, you can flash InternalSD.zip to swap them around.

Also, USB host functionality is working now. Download StickMount from the Play Store, and use a USB-Y cable to hook it up as follows: use a microUSB to Female USB plug in your Flyer (they're 1$ on Chinese wholesale sites). Then, use a Y-cable to connect to that plug. The other male plug of the Y-cable has to be inserted in a power source (a PC, or a wall charger, I use the one that came with my Desire). The MicroUSB on the other site of the Y-cable is connected to a USB-hub. Hook the USB stick up to that hub, and reboot your Flyer. The hub should get powered, and StickMount should be able to mount the USB device. FAT/FAT32 works, NTFS should work though untested.

If you can't get in recovery because you used HTCDev and haven't flashed a custom recovery: turn off your Flyer. Then hold Volume Down and Power until you get in HBOOT. Wait about 20 seconds, and press POWER to enter FASTBOOT. On your PC, enter: 'fastboot erase cache', then enter 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'. Then choose the first option in the menu on your Flyer, and wait another 20 seconds, and choose RECOVERY. Then follow the procedure up here at 'If you can get in recovery'. The recovery.img for this can be found in this thread:
    DoomLorDs Touch CWMs

changelog.png

Version 1.2 - codename rememberthis

- Merged latest AOKP changes
    - Microphone might be working, though untested (use e.g. SoundHound to test)
    - Touch fling disabled, no afterscroll, but no jumpbacks either anymore

Version 1.1 - codename woohoocamera

- Back camera works now
    - Brightness adjustment works now
    - Updated kernel, contains new CPU governors

Version 1.0 – codename connected

- Initial release

downloads.png

WiFi Flyer Patch: download from our server!

InternalSD Patch: download from our server!

Version 1.2: ROM for Honeycomb HBOOT: download from our server!
    Version 1.2 boot.img for HTCDev Unlocked: download from our server!

Version 1.1:
    HTCDev unlocked people: you have to wait a bit longer until we have the new bootimage. By flashing the 1.0 bootimage, WiFi will be broken. Camera/brightness fix is implemented in the ROM itself, not the bootimage. Make a NANDROID, Wipe Dalvik Cache, flash the ROM, reboot. We haven't tested yet whether your old apps are still installed, so make a backup! If you applied flyermounts.sh on an earlier flash, you don't have to do it again!

Version 1.0:
    download from Ioiwillioi's Dev-Host account!
    download from Ioiwillioi's second Dev-Host account!

HTCDev Unlock Bootimage: downoad from our server

If you want to mirror our ROMs, PM me.
    donations.png

Donations are greatly appreciated, and can be made using PayPal to corepwn20@gmail.com

thanksto.png

- DonUber, a great guy to work with on these projects, and compiling the ROMs
    - LorD ClockaN for his IceColdSandwich base
    - YNCConsulting for his help with the graphics
    No updates for 6 weeks from now on guys. Packing my bags now, tomorrow there's a BBQ at DonUber's house with a bunch of friends, and friday I have some business to take care of for school in the morning, and after that I'm heading to the airport immediately. I might get on XDA a few times if I have time, but don't expect new releases.

So see you in six weeks guys, have a nice holiday!
    2.0 coming soon, with features such as: MTP storage (symbolic link of /emmc to /sdcard/ext_sd, and MTP should allow you to use both of them on the PC), latest ICS AOKP, fling fix from iamchucky, and perhaps more customization stuff. The ROM will no longer be a base which is commonly updated: the AOKP ICS branch is no longer being updated, and for now I am using this to not having to update the base itself, but just work on fixes and tweaks. The ROM won't evolve as a Nexus-like feeling, but a heavily tweaked ICS AOKP for more performance. In other words: no latest of the latest Jelly Bean, but a ROM which will be based on ICS AOKP and have a lot of tweaks and fixes.

Some may like this, some may not. My reason for it are: my current bootimages refuse to boot up Jelly Bean, and I prefer to fix the real issues now instead of being up-to-date with Jelly Bean. Once the issues are sorted out, I might take a look at updating to Jelly bean. Secondly, I need a device for development, and my phone is really slow at ICS and barely usable for development, so at least I can use the tablet now for tablet tests. I need a device with ICS or higher for app development, and my ICS Lisbon didn't have the touch fix, and Dexter's ROMs refused to be debugged using Eclipse, making it unusable for development.

So for now this will be a temporary workaround for me to be able to develop some apps, and meanwhile saving some money to buy a new device, not doing really great at that atm :(
    You know what the problem here is? Far too less developers with real experience, and people expecting OEM-level ROMs with 1/2 weeks of development.

I haven't experienced random reboots yet, no white screens either, Settings on Storage doesn't FC for me, the back camera has taken weeks of work on other MSM7230 devices, you can't expect me to fix another one in 3 days, bluetooth is something I don't have experience with, and scrolling: all I can say is deal with it for now. I develop stuff I need for myself, and giving other people the possibility to enjoy it as well.
    Checking out the kernel now for changes in the Bluetooth driver, some rapid testing on the pen, and an attempt to permanently fix white screens.