Galaxy S3 keeps freezing

Search This thread

karaks5

Jan 28, 2013
suddenly my samsung galaxy s3 keeps freezing and I have to make a hard reset every time. I tried to make factory reset, or wipe factory reset, but the same problem.
what should I do?

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Dude, instead of creating yet another post with this, you could have searched to quite easily find out your phone is halfway dead and should be sent back to samsung for repair as soon as possible. Make it safe to return if you messed with it (flash original stuff, reset counter, etc, read a bit if you don't know what to do, it's all over these forums) and just take it in.

Don't take this the wrong way but you'd think it's common sense to just return any product (not even phone related) that it's malfunctioning instead of asking what to do to random people in a third party forum :)

'Bashy'

Oct 17, 2011
Device:GT-I9300 32gb
I have the same problem, this seems to be firmware related to me, the phone works in safe mode but this is really crappy now:(. I don't think there should be a return unless it's the only fix.Will try and flash JB and update the post.

Edit: Is that sds the Sudden death thing. I tried searching but no results come up. I am a new comer to Samsung as their devices sucked for ages and they still seem to do. Please can some one advise us(the op and myself and future people with this problem) on what is the main cause of this issue that a hard reset fixes it. But for my device,it doesn't die it stops functioning.

This is how I get this problem, my phone is rooted, but it runs fine only when there is a app crash the phone locks up and thats it.
what i tried: I tried to back up my data so i could save myself from reinstalling all my app. I hard reseted the phone and the phone functioned again
but after restoring my data the phone locks up again. Now my phone works about 5sec from normal boot but then locks up. It works fine in safe mode. So really where is issue? Is an app is making the whole OS to jam there has to be a simple fix for this:(.
Please don't say return the device, thats the dumbest thing to ever say. We want to over come the problem not ignore it/get rid of it.

Thanks for your time guys

Last edited:

msurg

Nov 1, 2009
Well. I reverted back to 4.1.1 and no more random reboots or freezes. It was definitely ROM issue.
Any one tried new EMA2 rom? If yes, still freezing?

FDisk80

Jun 17, 2012
Well. I reverted back to 4.1.1 and no more random reboots or freezes. It was definitely ROM issue.
Any one tried new EMA2 rom? If yes, still freezing?

Mine was freezing constantly with MA1 and MA2 until I did what I posted above.

Now already 2 days without freezes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

markhind

May 7, 2009
Same problems here. Not sure about rooting. If I change the csc code and download the latest, say German update. would that change the rom and fix it ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

FDisk80

Jun 17, 2012
Same problems here. Not sure about rooting. If I change the csc code and download the latest, say German update. would that change the rom and fix it ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Probably not. Depends on what causes your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ako1

Apr 5, 2013
I was getting similar behaviour too. Phone would freeze after making calls, sending msgs, using facebook, searching on google, basically random points anywhere. Went through uninstalling apps, did a factory reset, and through some trial and error finally pinned down where my problem was at least. It was caused by the latest version of MixZing. Was crashing before frequently, and after uninstalling it I've been using my phone fine all day with no crashes at all. Still potentially early days, but if I don't report back then that solved it for me.

hady.j

May 7, 2013
A simple solution

ok guys.. this is something i tried and has been working for me for more than two days now:
the problem seems to be in the download manager included in the new android software so what you simply have to do is to disable this application whenever you're not using it.. you can do so in the settings>> applications manager>> view ALL>> select DOWNLOAD MANAGER and DISABLE..
of course this will stop the play store from functionning and will stop any automatic updates but will prevent the phone sudden death...
All you have to do when you want to download any new apps or update existing ones is to enable the download manager and i suggest before doing that to clear the RAM memory and try to be gentle and patient with the phone...
Just keep working like that till ANDROID finds a solution in the next update and your phone will be fine.. in the end its better than killing the machine with every freeze.
Remember to be patient and work slowly when the download manager is enabled
Reply if it worked for you

Reactions: khuzai

khuzai

May 8, 2013
simple solution worked for me

ok guys.. this is something i tried and has been working for me for more than two days now:
the problem seems to be in the download manager included in the new android software so what you simply have to do is to disable this application whenever you're not using it.. you can do so in the settings>> applications manager>> view ALL>> select DOWNLOAD MANAGER and DISABLE..
of course this will stop the play store from functionning and will stop any automatic updates but will prevent the phone sudden death...
All you have to do when you want to download any new apps or update existing ones is to enable the download manager and i suggest before doing that to clear the RAM memory and try to be gentle and patient with the phone...
Just keep working like that till ANDROID finds a solution in the next update and your phone will be fine.. in the end its better than killing the machine with every freeze.

My first post here. Thanks for this tip. My phone was freezing every 3 minutes and so I did what you suggested after all other suggestions (except rooting - as I was worried I might brick the phone if it froze while rooting) didn't work. Anyway, just a few seconds after I hit "DISABLE", my phone froze! So I thought it's probably not working, but since the reboot, it hasn't crashed. Thanks!:good:

Swarn_Sen

Aug 20, 2017
suddenly my samsung galaxy s3 keeps freezing and I have to make a hard reset every time. I tried to make factory reset, or wipe factory reset, but the same problem.
what should I do?
the same thing is happening to me and i have no clue why its happening it just like 3-4days ago but i have installed only clash of clans and clash royale in my phone. he most interesting thing is that all your phone feature will work but the screen will not for almost 20-30mins then it will recover on its own. all the call features are working well but no response from phone. my conclusion is this phone is totally a mess and i dont even know how i managed t use this device for 4years! it got super laggy after 6-7 months of use. Whatever i went to the service centre and they told that i need to change the motherboard of my s3 costing 130$.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what should I do?

use the sds safe précautions to prevent freezing

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
    A simple solution