LUVVITT CLEARVIEW Hybrid Slim Case

Search This thread

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
I got another case and a bit bored, so might as well post pictures of this if anyone out there was curious about clear cases on this phone. It's been a very long time since I had a clear case, but I thought it would look well with the white Note 3. I actually like it. :) For now until it gets dirty. I like it better than the Spigen Bounce case. Both do feel different in the hand because the Bounce case has a fully matte texture. Both are slim.

Pros
- Border/Bumper is TPU
- Back side is hard poly carbonate/plastic
- Holes/ports match up
- Buttons are easy to press
- Looks good on white (I don't have a black one to check out)

Cons
- Back side can get scratched
- If it gets dirty inside the case, it'll show.
- If your phone is dirty, it'll show.

I got it on Amazon, just copy the title of this topic and search it there.

EDIT:
I'll just post a link, might as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EXWJ02U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 2,155
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 2,392
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 2,068
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 1,835
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 1,754
  • IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,599
  • IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,526
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:
Reactions: Philly Jim

Philly Jim

Aug 27, 2011
Broomall, Pa
I got this case yesterday i really like it allot , slim profile , i actually can hold the phone in one hand and operate it , as listed above you've pretty much nailed the pro's and con's to a t , nice job , the only thing i quess i would comment further on is that it does scratch very very easily, i just go it yesterday , i keep keys in opposite pocket , and man are there allot of scratches already , it's really ashame , still i would reccomend this case , i just wish it where made of different material.........

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Thanks for the pics. I tried going without a case for a few hours today because I like the look so much but I was afraid I'd drop the phone. This may fit the bill.

Edit: Hm, I could only find the black and clear but it's unavailable. OP how much was it?

10 bucks

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
Thanks for the pics. I tried going without a case for a few hours today because I like the look so much but I was afraid I'd drop the phone. This may fit the bill.

Edit: Hm, I could only find the black and clear but it's unavailable. OP how much was it?

Hmm...strange. It was up for $9.99 with Prime two days ago.

I got this case yesterday i really like it allot , slim profile , i actually can hold the phone in one hand and operate it , as listed above you've pretty much nailed the pro's and con's to a t , nice job , the only thing i quess i would comment further on is that it does scratch very very easily, i just go tit yesterday , i keep keys in opposite pocket , and man are there allot of scratches already , it's really ashame , still i would reccomend this case , i just wish it where made of different material.........

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

10 bucks

Thanks. I agree about the scratches. I already see some because I was spinning the case when trying to take pictures, but if you have a white phone, it's hard to spot unless you're under direct light or there's a lot of scratches in one area. It's probably easier to see with the black version.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Just got mine yesterday also. I agree with the OP review and will say the case is better than I expected for $10. Samsung makes a case very simaler to this one for Note 2, S4, etc. It's a little bit better, waiting for the Note 3 version to eventually come out...

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
I almost got that one cuz I want to be able to see the phone but opted for a gel one, should be here in a day or two and we can compare em.

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
Well, this case is back in stock, but the prices has been raised unfortunately. I don't think any TPU type of case is worth over $10 unless there are designs on it, but that's just my opinion.

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006
This case isnt that great returned it after, a day the back was scratched . Nice idea poor design or material

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
This case isnt that great returned it after, a day the back was scratched . Nice idea poor design or material

Get the one I got for 3 dollars shipped and delivered in 3 days, been using it for a couple of days now and haven't even thought of putting my Caseology back on. I totally forget there is a case on it and can appreciate the looks of the phone plus this is tpu and won't scratch and it is not flimsy in the least. The sell counter on Ebay says its sold close to 500 cases, good to see so many Note 3 owners taking advantage of a good deal.
I just realized it comes in four colors too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350876370687?var=620163613682&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Reactions: rg1973

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009

Any clear case will be scratched (I'm not talking about matte frosted cases). There's none that's scratch resistant.

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
I got the one with the black around it. I like it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jkwjkw

Nov 23, 2008
Kansas City MO
I got one and like it. Nice fit, holes line up for all ports, low profile. I did look closely and notice some very light scratches on the clear back. Guess I'll try something else when the scratches become too visible.

jkwjkw

Nov 23, 2008
Kansas City MO
Update: my Luvvitt case looked so scratched up that I ditched it and got a Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case. I've been *really* happy with the Diztronic - great design, lightweight, holds up great, no scratches or marks, and has protected my phone on the few occasions when I dropped it.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I love clear tpu type cases but I find most of them turn yellow after a while so I have to keep buying them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

sanjsrik

Get the one I got for 3 dollars shipped and delivered in 3 days, been using it for a couple of days now and haven't even thought of putting my Caseology back on. I totally forget there is a case on it and can appreciate the looks of the phone plus this is tpu and won't scratch and it is not flimsy in the least. The sell counter on Ebay says its sold close to 500 cases, good to see so many Note 3 owners taking advantage of a good deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350876370687?var=620163613682&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I know this thread is a bit old. Just went to find the clear one and shows out of stock.

I bought one of these, see how it works out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...-Transparent-Glossy-Skin-Cover-/201055804367?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got another case and a bit bored, so might as well post pictures of this if anyone out there was curious about clear cases on this phone. It's been a very long time since I had a clear case, but I thought it would look well with the white Note 3. I actually like it. :) For now until it gets dirty. I like it better than the Spigen Bounce case. Both do feel different in the hand because the Bounce case has a fully matte texture. Both are slim.

Pros
    - Border/Bumper is TPU
    - Back side is hard poly carbonate/plastic
    - Holes/ports match up
    - Buttons are easy to press
    - Looks good on white (I don't have a black one to check out)

Cons
    - Back side can get scratched
    - If it gets dirty inside the case, it'll show.
    - If your phone is dirty, it'll show.

I got it on Amazon, just copy the title of this topic and search it there.

EDIT:
    I'll just post a link, might as well.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EXWJ02U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1