VZW S4 Root Help!!

Search This thread

Jupiter683

Feb 6, 2014
New York
Hello everybody! Just got a Galaxy S4 from Verizon with the evil 4.3 update & I want to root the heck out of it, but when I follow all the instructions to the letter, absolutely NOTHING works...no SuperSU, no terminal commands, nothing...this is very tedious and rage inducing.and I also would like to know if it's possible to downgrade back to 4.2. Really not liking 4.3...stupid Knox...

ANY help put into layman's terms would be greatly appreciated.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hello everybody! Just got a Galaxy S4 from Verizon with the evil 4.3 update & I want to root the heck out of it, but when I follow all the instructions to the letter, absolutely NOTHING works...no SuperSU, no terminal commands, nothing...this is very tedious and rage inducing.and I also would like to know if it's possible to downgrade back to 4.2. Really not liking 4.3...stupid Knox...

what root instructions did you follow?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

No, of course it's not possible to downgrade. Please learn what you're doing before you brick your phone.
Start here.

After that, post DETAILS about what you tried and why it didn't work. You didn't tell us what model phone you have, what build it's on, what you tried to use to root it, what you observed, etc. How is it possible for anyone to help you?

Jupiter683

Feb 6, 2014
New York
You are quite right. Forgive me, I was 80% asleep when I wrote that post...Sleep deprivation is truly a cruel mistress... I was, however, able to successfully root my VZW Galaxy S4 with the help of this extraordinarily helpful video via youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mCsDyW-TI

Now, I just need to find out which apps are bloatware & are safe to freeze.

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Any of the Verizon apps, sdm.apk (so phone won't update), aether pal .apk it allows Verizon remote control of your phone, callid or w/e it's called, cityid anything you won't use.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: Jupiter683

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, of course it's not possible to downgrade. Please learn what you're doing before you brick your phone.
    Start here.

After that, post DETAILS about what you tried and why it didn't work. You didn't tell us what model phone you have, what build it's on, what you tried to use to root it, what you observed, etc. How is it possible for anyone to help you?
    Any of the Verizon apps, sdm.apk (so phone won't update), aether pal .apk it allows Verizon remote control of your phone, callid or w/e it's called, cityid anything you won't use.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.