Help!!! Don't know what happened :( [SOLVED]

Search This thread

Thelejay

Mar 6, 2013
San Francisco
Hey, I've been flashing roms for quite a while now. Earlier, I tried to upgrade my bootloader (from 4.3 to 4.4) via odin-ing back to stock 4.4.2, then flashing the custom recovery. After the custom recovery, I wanted to reboot, and TWRP asked me if I wanted to fix root and install, and I pressed fix. Now my phone is completely weird. I tried clean flashing everything all over again. After the flash....The Samsung SetupWizard crashes, then goes back to normal. After setup, the phone runs good till like 5 minutes. It suddenly freezes and goes back 30 seconds after. And If i changed the volume, it would "Lag" for like 30 seconds, and goes again...I need help fixing cuz I need the phone :crying::crying:

Also, even after the stock 4.4.2, My baseband is the same old 4.3 version*
Edit: random FCs on TW home and "system proccess stopped responding" as well.

SOLVED: For anyone having the same problem. Flash an AOSP rom, then upgrade. That was a weird problem that happened... THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED

Last edited:

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Hey, I've been flashing roms for quite a while now. Earlier, I tried to upgrade my bootloader (from 4.3 to 4.4) via odin-ing back to stock 4.4.2, then flashing the custom recovery. After the custom recovery, I wanted to reboot, and TWRP asked me if I wanted to fix root and install, and I pressed fix. Now my phone is completely weird. I tried clean flashing everything all over again. After the flash....The Samsung SetupWizard crashes, then goes back to normal. After setup, the phone runs good till like 5 minutes. It suddenly freezes and goes back 30 seconds after. And If i changed the volume, it would "Lag" for like 30 seconds, and goes again...I need help fixing cuz I need the phone :crying::crying:

Never click fix for root. I also never heard you say you rooted. Ur missing a few steps. Odin back to stock and follow the outline someone wrote in this section.

TWEAKED N3

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
If you baseband is still 4.3 and not changed to the nb4 then you did not flash the stock 4.4 update correctly. Redownload the correct version from sammobile.com and see if that helps.

If you are still having problems, if you can take your questions to the outline I wrote and post your question there, you might get more help and in the end help others. I am trying to consolidate all these posts about rooting to help more people.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51614779#post51614779

Last edited:

Thelejay

Mar 6, 2013
San Francisco
If you baseband is still 4.3 and not changed to the nb4 then you did not flash the stock 4.4 update correctly. Redownload the correct version from sammobile.com and see if that helps.

If you are still having problems, if you can take your questions to the outline I wrote and post your question there, you might get more help and in the end help others. I am trying to consolidate all these posts about rooting to help more people.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51614779#post51614779

Alright, thank you so much!

Thelejay

Mar 6, 2013
San Francisco
Never click fix for root. I also never heard you say you rooted. Ur missing a few steps. Odin back to stock and follow the outline someone wrote in this section.

TWEAKED N3

The problem starts when the bottom of the screen says auto update time and date.... Problem still persists...

And when I tested it on stock android, everything seems to be working fine flawlessly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWEAKED N3