Ls980 unroot to update ZVC update

Search This thread

Ktracho316

May 29, 2012
Wichita
Im wanting to know if there is a way I can unroot without having to delete everything on my phone. I have tried the update twice already and it goes all the way to the little android guy and loads about half way and then restarts the phone and nothing changes im still on ZVA. I think the issue is that I'm rooted. I have stock everything aside from that even recovery Is stock. I really hope there is a way to unroot without having to reset my phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Try opening the superuser app and there is an full unroot under settings. Do not know if it resets the phone or not, I have never done the unroot but I would think it would not.

Reactions: Ktracho316

Ktracho316

May 29, 2012
Wichita
Even unrooting didnt help. When I try the OTA it only goes 1/3 of the way and then it reboots. Is there anyway I can update manually?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Did you download over wifi? Might not have gotten the full download.

r9ball

Aug 14, 2013
Did you also alter the files for free tether? If so, did you change them back before try to unroot and update?

Ktracho316

May 29, 2012
Wichita
I did dowoad over wifi and over LTE and still cant seem to get the update to go through all the way. And no I didnt do the tether hack.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try opening the superuser app and there is an full unroot under settings. Do not know if it resets the phone or not, I have never done the unroot but I would think it would not.

It doesnt reset, you dont even have to restart.
    Team work! Gotta love it.