SWApp Link: The Best Companion App for your SmartWatch

Search This thread

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
Available on Google Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.swapps.link

SWApp Link is intended for use with Smartwatches running Android OS.

Some compatible Smartwatches:

Samsung Gear 1 (with android ROM), Omate TS, AI Watch, Neptune Pine, Inwatch Z, AW-414, AW-420, Callisto 100.

Features:

Call Notifications:
 • Displays the caller’s photo.
 • Option to take the call, reject the call, or reply via SMS (composed on the watch and sent through the phone.)
 • During call: options to end the call, toggle mute, and toggle the loudspeaker.

SMS Notifications:
 • Displays the SMS text and contact photo.
 • Option to reply via SMS.

App Notifications:
 • Displays notifications, from the apps of your choice, on the watch.
 • Fully optimized notifications for specific apps (with more coming), including:
  • Email - Notifications now display the email’s content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Emails”.
  • Hangouts - Notifications now display the message content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Notification(s) from [name]”.
  • WhatsApp - Notifications now display the full message content, even within groups, including the message’s text and image.
 • Customizable notification layouts: choice of colors for the message text and the message background, option to automatically resize the message text based on its length, and more.

Full notification management:
 • Browse through all the previous notifications (SMS and app), with the option to display the most recent ones first or the oldest ones first, search through them by text, and more.

Powerful clock engine which can be set as the watch's lockscreen. Many exclusive features, including:
 • Both Analog and Digital watch faces.
 • Smooth seconds hand with dynamic shadow.
 • Unread notification indicator.
 • Battery, 3G, and Wi-Fi indicators for both the watch AND the phone (with options to display the indicators side by side, or toggle between them by tapping on them.)
 • On Screen Display (OSD) Modules including a stopwatch, timer, day timer, second time, date, next alarm info and more (the OSD is shown/hidden by tapping on the clock.)
 • Option to choose the Font Color with the color picker.
 • Choice of backgrounds.
 • Choice of date formats (Mon. 20 June / 20-06 / 06-20 ...).
 • Choice of hour formats (12H / 24H).
 • Complex animations.

Call Log Sync: Displays the phone’s call log with the option to place a call or send an SMS to anyone on it.

Remote Call: Remotely place a call to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or dial a number to call remotely.

Remote SMS: Remotely send an SMS to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or input a number to SMS remotely.

Remote App Launch: Remotely launch apps on the phone.

Remote Clipboard: Send content from the phone to the watch’s clipboard.

Remote Media Control: Remotely control the phone’s media player from the watch and see track info.

Find My Phone: Remotely set off the phone’s or watch’s ringer.

Remote Battery info: Displays the remote device’s battery level (with a low battery notification option.)

Remote Lock: Remotely lock the phone from the watch (in case of loss, for example.)

BT Virtual Leash: Automatically lock the phone and display a notification on the watch if the BT connection is lost.

Remote GPS Location: Display the phone’s GPS coordinates on the watch.

Megaphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices and puts the remote on speaker (establishes a communication with people near the remote device, sim watches only.)

Microphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices (enables you to hear what's happening around the remote device, sim watches only.)

Connection methods:

 Direct Bluetooth Connection

 Push Notification - Uses an Internet connection to communicate between the devices.

 SMS - Sends and intercepts SMSs to communicate between the devices.

Last edited:

iAppleDev

Jan 8, 2012
Apk file for testing?

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

It's on play store but not compatible with smartQ z1Watch

Reactions: apitruia1

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*ClockFace Selection*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.935b*

You can now choose the clockface (from settings).

The clocks in the list are real clock showing the actual time ;)

I have more clocks to add.

Credits to +Daniel Ortiz and +Roy King for those first clockfaces.

If you want your own clockfaces added to the app, send me your files:
https://plus.google.com/101149847908870195450/posts/jfFJts5bQDW

There is a slight bug: when you choose a new clock and come back from the settings the clock take some seconds to update. I will fix this, but i'm taking my GF to the cinema and wanted to send you this update before i come back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-04-19-11-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-19-11-35.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 384
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-19-11-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-19-11-44.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 382

cableguy33

May 1, 2014
call acceptance and sending through dialpad

is it possible to add a feature in this app, to recieve calls and send calls through the dialpad without a sim card and phone having to be next to you kinda like the samsung gear does,because this app would be better than the gear manager in many ways(i love this app great job)that would be great thanks.

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*Voice Control*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.935*

You can now enable *Voice Control*

When the app is listening the red mic icon will be displayed. The Android SpeechRecognizer is very unstable. when it crashes the icon disappear, if it's the case wait until it come back.
The listening is only active when the app is displayed, therefore there shouldn't be any problem with battery.
The implementation in only partial so far.

Key words on the main screen or clock screen:
Call : Remote Call
Text: Remote SMS
Play: Media player control
Find: Find my phone
Lock: Remote Lock
Setting : Settings
Clock : Display the analog clock
Stop: Stop Listening

Key words on incoming notification: (not for call or sms notification so far)
Dismiss
Local : open app on local device
Remote : open app on remote device
Stop: Stop Listening

*Stay tuned, a LOT more to come...*

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*Shake it !!*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.936*

* On main screen and clockface: shake to toggle Voice Control On/Off (to be enabled in settings)

* On Notification, Shake to Dismiss

I will add more implementations in the app, like in media player control.

Attachments

• tiwe-c.jpg
    tiwe-c.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 212

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*Dual Time Clock*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.936a*

You can choose the time delta in settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-08-18-50-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-08-18-50-59.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 204

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*Smooth Second Hand*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.936b*

Option to get a smooth second hand instead of just a movement each second.

Some bugs fix.

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*Notification Auto dismiss, Settings menu reorganized*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.94*

New option to auto dismiss notifications with custom delay.

Full reorganization of settings menu
(Call Forwarding menu has been added to general settings)
(Call and SMS notification settings has been added to "Notifications" setttings)

bfikkert

Sep 7, 2009
Rotterdam
yes ,it runs android 4.4 but the google play shows the app incompatible for SmartQ Z1 , only sideload testing then?

Just put it on my smartq watch. And its working without problems.
Can start phonecalls from wat watch.
Can control music player.
Notifications oké.
SMS is working.

Great work.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
Just put it on my smartq watch. And its working without problems.
Can start phonecalls from wat watch.
Can control music player.
Notifications oké.
SMS is working.

Great work.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

that's great news ! i must find a way so that it gets available on play store for the Smartq !

iAppleDev

Jan 8, 2012
[Q UOTE=cyrilp;52692627]that's great news ! i must find a way so that it gets available on play store for the Smartq ![/QUOTE]

For MiPS cpu & SDK 19?

Last edited:

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*HUGE update*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.936c*

*Please go in settings menu to choose your communication type, it has been changed since last version*

I have completely rewritten the communication engine:
Better Stability
Possibility to enable independently each Communication type (only the first instruction is taken into account)
Keep Alive and Status check for Push Type (local and linked names are red or green following their status)
Option to sync Connection type: when a connection type is enabled/disabled on a device it’s synchronized on the other (if there is an active connection)

Other:
Many new languages (Spanish, Finnish, Hebrew, Russian, Chinese, Greek and Dutch)
Settings menu can now be displayed with a white or black background, and the font size can be adjusted (small, normal, big).
Many Bugs fixed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-25-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-25-53.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-39-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-39-38.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-27-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-27-04.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-27-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-27-40.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-28-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-19-28-03.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 126

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*!!! Push Communication is having problems!!!*

We have grown too fast and reached the quotas on Google app Engine :(

I have sent a request to google to higher my quotas but until it's done you might encounter problem with the push communication.

I'll let you know when i have news.

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*OutGoing Calls Notification and Auto dismiss with end of call*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.96f*

There is now a notification for Outgoing calls too, which will allow you to hang up from the watch.

Incoming and Outgoing calls notification are now automatically dismissed at the end of the call.

PS: Push keep alive min delay as been brought to 5 min as i'm having problems with the Quota on google app engine. I'll see if i can lower it later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-17-36-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-17-36-58.png
    53 KB · Views: 109

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*SWApp Link as LockScreen and notifications dismiss LockScreen*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.96g*

You can now use SWApp Link as your LockScreen: to be enabled in the settings.

Incoming notifications now turn the screen On AND dismiss the lockscreen.

(Depending on the locksreen you use you might need to disable it first.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *SWApp Link dev update 0.99g*

Notification Management layout redone: slide the notification list to reveal lateral bar
    New Icon on main screen to display last notification
    Settings Icons Size fixed for High dpi screens
    New option to hide action's icons in notification popup by default,touch the screen to show them
    New behaviour of remote launch app from notification popup: by default the app will be launched without turning the screen on.(to prevent unwanted click on the screen while taking your phone out of your pocket for example). If you long click on the icon it will turn the screen on too.
    Removed line between items in notifications list
    min Sdk Version is now 8 (Android 2.2) (to be tested by people having those android version as i don't)
    New Arabic Translation (partial)
    Many bugs fixed

http://goo.gl/Zn6q9E
    *SWApp Link dev update 0.99d*

Incoming Notification are now displayed into the Notification Management System at the end of the "all apps" notification list
    Incoming Notifications are no more stacked up. If a Notification is displayed and a new notification arrives, it's added to the notification list and the notification counter is updated. You can display it later swiping left
    No matter how many Notifications has arrived while the notification is displayed you will only need to press back button once to exit
    Pressing back button will now bring where you were before and won't display SWApp Link anymore
    New option to enable/disable turn screen on when a notification arrives
    New option to auto mark notifications as read while swiping to another
    Search Notification, Show/Don't Show read notifications and Display order icons are now on an icon bar at the bottom of main notification management screen
    Marking as read all notifications clicking on the 3 layers icon has been fixed
    A Notification Search without result doesn't display a empty list anymore
    Night them has been fixed for all screens in the application
    The Application list displayed for remote app choice and apps to listen for is now sorted
    Various optimisation of the push system
    Some changes in the settings
    Added a detailed Changelog
    Available on Google Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.swapps.link

SWApp Link is intended for use with Smartwatches running Android OS.

Some compatible Smartwatches:

Samsung Gear 1 (with android ROM), Omate TS, AI Watch, Neptune Pine, Inwatch Z, AW-414, AW-420, Callisto 100.

Features:

Call Notifications:
     • Displays the caller’s photo.
     • Option to take the call, reject the call, or reply via SMS (composed on the watch and sent through the phone.)
     • During call: options to end the call, toggle mute, and toggle the loudspeaker.

SMS Notifications:
     • Displays the SMS text and contact photo.
     • Option to reply via SMS.

App Notifications:
     • Displays notifications, from the apps of your choice, on the watch.
     • Fully optimized notifications for specific apps (with more coming), including:
      • Email - Notifications now display the email’s content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Emails”.
      • Hangouts - Notifications now display the message content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Notification(s) from [name]”.
      • WhatsApp - Notifications now display the full message content, even within groups, including the message’s text and image.
     • Customizable notification layouts: choice of colors for the message text and the message background, option to automatically resize the message text based on its length, and more.

Full notification management:
     • Browse through all the previous notifications (SMS and app), with the option to display the most recent ones first or the oldest ones first, search through them by text, and more.

Powerful clock engine which can be set as the watch's lockscreen. Many exclusive features, including:
     • Both Analog and Digital watch faces.
     • Smooth seconds hand with dynamic shadow.
     • Unread notification indicator.
     • Battery, 3G, and Wi-Fi indicators for both the watch AND the phone (with options to display the indicators side by side, or toggle between them by tapping on them.)
     • On Screen Display (OSD) Modules including a stopwatch, timer, day timer, second time, date, next alarm info and more (the OSD is shown/hidden by tapping on the clock.)
     • Option to choose the Font Color with the color picker.
     • Choice of backgrounds.
     • Choice of date formats (Mon. 20 June / 20-06 / 06-20 ...).
     • Choice of hour formats (12H / 24H).
     • Complex animations.

Call Log Sync: Displays the phone’s call log with the option to place a call or send an SMS to anyone on it.

Remote Call: Remotely place a call to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or dial a number to call remotely.

Remote SMS: Remotely send an SMS to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or input a number to SMS remotely.

Remote App Launch: Remotely launch apps on the phone.

Remote Clipboard: Send content from the phone to the watch’s clipboard.

Remote Media Control: Remotely control the phone’s media player from the watch and see track info.

Find My Phone: Remotely set off the phone’s or watch’s ringer.

Remote Battery info: Displays the remote device’s battery level (with a low battery notification option.)

Remote Lock: Remotely lock the phone from the watch (in case of loss, for example.)

BT Virtual Leash: Automatically lock the phone and display a notification on the watch if the BT connection is lost.

Remote GPS Location: Display the phone’s GPS coordinates on the watch.

Megaphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices and puts the remote on speaker (establishes a communication with people near the remote device, sim watches only.)

Microphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices (enables you to hear what's happening around the remote device, sim watches only.)

Connection methods:

 Direct Bluetooth Connection

 Push Notification - Uses an Internet connection to communicate between the devices.

 SMS - Sends and intercepts SMSs to communicate between the devices.
    Whoa!

This looks like a dream app for full android smartwatch owners! Can you please update on the progress? Any way we can help? We're all tired of the less than adequate helper apps provided by the OEM!

the M2D apps are better choices now and the developer works on improving it for our use so go to this site and look for the thread about the app:) http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/
    *SWApp Link dev update 0.99f*

Completely redone the theme engine to make it easier to add new items. Now almost the colors and icons of the app are customizable (i will post more information about this later)
    Added icons in the settings to make them easier to browse. User can disable them in UI Settings
    Bluetooth Virtual Leash is fixed
    Launching remote or local app from notification is fixed
    Getting incoming notification over the clock when "use as lockscreen" is enabled is fixed
    Turning on the screen on incoming notification didn't work for some devices (Gear, Pine) now it's fixed
    Marking all Notifications as read from within a list doesn't let a blank screen anymore but go back to main notification management screen
    Exiting the ringing "find my phone" or "timer" alert with back or home key now stop the alarm
    Megaphone feature icon was missing since last icons change, it's back
    Added mini help for notification management (long click the icon)
    New App Icon