Need help...NOW!!!

Search This thread

xaidi722009

Aug 6, 2014
hi guys
its my first experience of rooting my android phone. first i used SRS oneclick but it didnt work. then i downloaded Root Genius and tried to root my ascend p6 (4.2.2----b130). i checked the "usb debugging" box. installed drivers, pluged my phone in, launched the root toolkit and pressed the "root" button on it. now its been 40 mins since my device is connected to the pc. and still it says "please wait" in the root toolkit. first it told me to restore my data, so i did it. Now, after rebooting several times i see "android system recovery" screen on my cellphone. its been 30 minutes since my device is stuck on this screen. is it normal or am i screwed?????? please help as i am new to this and dont wanna lose my phone...:crying:

Last edited:

_heisenberg

Aug 30, 2013
Ladshut/Bavaria
hi guys
its my first experience of rooting my android phone. first i used SRS oneclick but it didnt work. then i downloaded Root Genius and tried to root my ascend p6 (4.2.2----b130). i checked the "usb debugging" box. installed drivers, pluged my phone in, launched the root toolkit and pressed the "root" button on it. now its been 40 mins since my device is connected to the pc. and still it says "please wait" in the root toolkit. first it told me to restore my data, so i did it. Now, after rebooting several times i see "android system recovery" screen on my cellphone. its been 30 minutes since my device is stuck on this screen. is it normal or am i screwed?????? please help as i am new to this and dont wanna lose my phone...:crying:

Is any important data on the Phone or is it ok to reset it?

Sent from my P6 via the unicon network

digijedi007

May 9, 2014
Try this

hi guys

If your phone can still access it's normal recovery you can try to use adb tools to flash twrp recovery to the phone so that you can mount the internal memory as a usb device and save your data , after that i would recomend you use b510 it's quite stable and the battery life is much better furthermore the gps then works(still very crappy lock but it works) so the steps for you would be access normal recovery by holding pwr+vol up+ vol down and waiting till it boots recovery>then dl twrp recovery>use adb tools to flash twrp recovery>then load recovery again same proc as b4>then goto settings usb mount/storage or something related and make sure to choose internal memory as the one to load>copy your data off the phone>Follow instruction on forum for hw to install b510(my personal fav),b512,b513 and follow those instructions carefully, and to root your phone rather try other tools like motochopper,doomlord exploit,root exploit,root genius or so? can't quite remember which one i used last, it always works with a different one (dont know why).
Hope that helps.

xaidi722009

Aug 6, 2014
Thanx a lot folks!! i was a bit freakedout as it was my first time. (Not to mention that i am a total noob) but its all under control now. Rooted my p6 without using computer (with root master.apk)

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app