Help me find a daily?

Search This thread

Lt. Barclay

Feb 23, 2013
Don't settle on a daily driver until you've tried ParanoidAndroid. It might not end up being your cup of tea, but if it is you'll love it :good:

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
Don't settle on a daily driver until you've tried ParanoidAndroid. It might not end up being your cup of tea, but if it is you'll love it :good:

Idk I tried it got a load of bugs so I just went on carbon
Tw: Beans
Aosp:Carbon
Kernel: KT474

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

chetqwerty

Jan 10, 2009
CleanRom 5.6 with Heinz 57 theme running anthrax kernel is the bomb. They also have a working flashable AOSP MMS in the theme and apps section.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Also using 5.6, tell me more why you like Anthrax, I've been thinking about trying something else to see if i can get a little more snappiness out of the ROM. Also, where can i get the CleanRom stock kernel if i want to go back?

thanks

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
Also using 5.6, tell me more why you like Anthrax, I've been thinking about trying something else to see if i can get a little more snappiness out of the ROM. Also, where can i get the CleanRom stock kernel if i want to go back?

thanks

Anthrax was really great I'd admit it but I get better battery on kt so yeah that's the reason I made switch I rather do battery then performance

chetqwerty

Jan 10, 2009
Anthrax was really great I'd admit it but I get better battery on kt so yeah that's the reason I made switch I rather do battery then performance

Thanks for the opinion Havy, i see your using Carbon, how is it? Any kinks? I ended up on CleanRom after a long time on CM10 but really got tired on the lack of progress on call echo, sound in recorded video, and as dumb as it sounds, the ability to auto enter your password for voicemail. Before that I used Synergy for the longest time but bailed on that because of CPU usage reasons. Anyway, how is Carbon, can it be a daily driver? Any handoff issues? What radio are you using with it?

theresin

Dec 8, 2012
Tempe, Arizona
I'm breaking a solid year+ of silence/lurking to throw my support behind Vanilla RootBox (4.2.2 AOKP/CM/PA).

The battery life with the included CM kernel has been outstanding, and you literally will not find another ROM that has more custom settings/options than VRB. I've yet to run into any stability issues despite this being a 4.2.2 base, and I really can't say enough about the dev support (fantastic!) I still keep flashing all the major TouchWiz releases (beans, synergy, CM, etc) but I find myself hating the look and options of TW more and more each time.

However...If I needed 100% functionality and stability, and I had no choice but to go with a TW ROM, I really wouldn't look any further than CleanRom. It is as stock, stable, and de-bloated as they come (almost to a fault!)

I love Synergy's innovation - their dedication to research and development digs deeper behind the scenes than just about everyone else - and if "bells & whistles" are what you're looking for, you simply can't go wrong with their ROM's. Unfortunately my GS3 hates Synergy - I literally have no explanation for it, but I've never been able to run their work without major issues.

But I guess that's why they say YMMV, right? ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend the unofficial CM10.1 builds made by Masta.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app