G3 will not power on after charging - DEAD NO POWER - Buttons unresponsive

Search This thread

oguzhang

Feb 15, 2011
My phone failed today. It was working perfectly when I put it on charge with 15% battery left.

An hour or so later when I took it off the screen the phone is dead. All buttons unresponsive, tried different chargers, then took it to a shopping centre repair place who tested the battery and said it had charge in it. The LG charger still works perfectly with my S3 so it can't be the charger.

So I'm gutted as I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and all my photos are on it. I tried plugging it in to a USB port on my PC but no joy.

Any ideas?

Hi,
did you find a solution? My phone really have same problem. The main problem is I 'm from Turkey and my phone has been bought from USA, and our LG office is not supporting USA products.. sucks..

the phone is unresponsive , no screen no power, no sound... tried lots of thing. It has been power of in my pocket and never power on again.

force70

Hi,
did you find a solution? My phone really have same problem. The main problem is I 'm from Turkey and my phone has been bought from USA, and our LG office is not supporting USA products.. sucks..

the phone is unresponsive , no screen no power, no sound... tried lots of thing. It has been power of in my pocket and never power on again.

Dude u really need to read the thread,4 posts above yours tells you what happened to his device.

sent from Canada via my Note 3, Note 2 or One X+

oguzhang

Feb 15, 2011

My phone failed today. It was working perfectly when I put it on charge with 15% battery left.

An hour or so later when I took it off the screen the phone is dead. All buttons unresponsive, tried different chargers, then took it to a shopping centre repair place who tested the battery and said it had charge in it. The LG charger still works perfectly with my S3 so it can't be the charger.

So I'm gutted as I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and all my photos are on it. I tried plugging it in to a USB port on my PC but no joy.

Any ideas?

Dude u really need to read the thread,4 posts above yours tells you what happened to his device.

sent from Canada via my Note 3, Note 2 or One X+

yes I saw it, Its main board (logic board) has been changed.

Jaaaaay

Dec 13, 2011
Hi guys,

Today my phone died too, it froze on snapchat then i exited the app, and the phone became unresponsive and the screen dimmed. I then pulled the battery out, and put it back in, but since then it hasnt turned back on. Ive tried charging it for a few hours and doing battery resets etc, it also doesnt connect to my PC. I think its dead.

Also its rooted, but as its completely dead will they know?

Worst thing is i bought it from Amazon.de and im in the UK so i have to ship it back there, unless anyone knows if LG will be able to repair it here in the UK?

Last edited:

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
Sounds like a dud battery or connector, take it apart and check the connection between the battery and board.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

MANOJ JOHNSON 333

Mar 15, 2017
my LG G3 wipedout when root ive tried to change os using root but it completely wiped out .now completly dead.so any solution please

farhanshaikh671

Sep 10, 2015
Bangalore

Any ideas?
Try powering it on by holding both power and volume down buttons. My phone sometimes doesn't start with holding only the power button, so I do this

ahmed_magdi

Aug 18, 2017
i have the same problem , how U fixed this?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

So any more dead G3's out there?

i also have this problem , how can I make the phone live again ??

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Hi,

I 'm also from Egypt my phone has been bought from USA, how can i return back ??