[ALL ICS / JELLYBEAN / KIT KAT] Related Topics / Questions / News

Search This thread
Sep 18, 2012
I have asked some information from LG (NL) and this is there response

Thank you for your message to LG Electronics

Dear Stoopman,

Thank you for your e-mail with your question regarding upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

At this time we can not confirm on Ice Cream Sandwich for Android devices from the Benelux.

This is because we have a beta version had been tried and have many problems had been recently in Indonesia have been an update and we strive to provide the Benelux any bugs to remove us from sitting so you as a consumer can fully enjoy the update otherwise we have a while to bring
Follow our Dutch Social Media pages like: twitter.com / LG_WEBCARE_NL or twitter.com / LG_NIEUWS_NL or facebook.com / LGNEDERLAND for the latest news that applies to the Benelux.

We have - unlike previous Posting (from LG HQ) about what global would be rolled-
news about the upgrade (Gingerbread) to Ice Cream Sandwich for the Benelux Android devices:

At present it is not clear whether actual ICS for Optimus 2x Speed, Optimus 3D, Optimus Black available - at all.
For the Prada is not yet established. What to foreign social media (Facebook) stated, is not applicable to the UK!

Again sorry for the non makt and we understand your frustration, we are working hard on it.

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
If i understand it right, Samno will be able to flash ICS on his P920,if he resolve some problem this weekend.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879009
Sorry if i'am wrong .

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

Yeah hopefully he gets it working. Appreciate his efforts.

A guy on the development forum can convert P920 ROMs to SU760 so it may be possible to do in reverse.

If an LG Development employee was smart, he would leak the beta and when the community produced a superior ROM, he would have a head start at work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tactics119

alanhenrique

May 23, 2012
São José do Rio Preto

A guy on the development forum can convert P920 ROMs to SU760 so it may be possible to do in reverse.

If an LG Development employee was smart, he would leak the beta and when the community produced a superior ROM, he would have a head start at work.

I believe that this has happened and what is not leaked beta ROM but was released because developers were waiting for answers Bugs that they could not solve. But it ai have a serious problem, because even if the LG3d of China still has many problems with an ICS Rom, imagine for our 920H P920 and the problem is even bigger, as far as I know these LG3D were released 6 months later the Chinese version.
if the Chinese do not have to imagine another.

this is my opinion !:rolleyes:

Tactics119

Nov 21, 2011

I've said the same, more or less, earlier in this thread.
Attacking L.G. via petitions etc., would be counter productive, in my honest opinion. We can work together and attain tangible results for both the P920 and L.G.s development department, who's reputation, quite frankly, is lower than a snakes belly button, at this time.

Diplomacy may well produce results.

XDA is very influential, in Android circles, you can bet your bottom dollar that L.G. are aware of this thread.

Just my thoughts on this issue.

Last edited:

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Thank you for your message to LG Electronics

Dear Stoopman,

Thank you for your e-mail with your question regarding upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

At this time we can not confirm on Ice Cream Sandwich for Android devices from the Benelux.

This is because we have a beta version had been tried and have many problems had been recently in Indonesia have been an update and we strive to provide the Benelux any bugs to remove us from sitting so you as a consumer can fully enjoy the update otherwise we have a while to bring
Follow our Dutch Social Media pages like: twitter.com / LG_WEBCARE_NL or twitter.com / LG_NIEUWS_NL or facebook.com / LGNEDERLAND for the latest news that applies to the Benelux.

We have - unlike previous Posting (from LG HQ) about what global would be rolled-
news about the upgrade (Gingerbread) to Ice Cream Sandwich for the Benelux Android devices:

At present it is not clear whether actual ICS for Optimus 2x Speed, Optimus 3D, Optimus Black available - at all.
For the Prada is not yet established. What to foreign social media (Facebook) stated, is not applicable to the UK!

Again sorry for the non makt and we understand your frustration, we are working hard on it.

Heres the prob with that reply is it all the phone o3d black 2x that have "many problems", if so then lg should fire the entire dev team because similar devices have ics if not jb if its just the one device which one release the others stop holding up the updates. Im guesing the "Many Problems" as they say is being caused by there LG UI 3.0 if thats the case give pure ASOP because chances are nobody gonna keep it stock anyways could that be the reason for locked bootloader who knows.

Attacking L.G. via petitions etc., would be counter productive, in my honest opinion. We can work together and attain tangible results for both the P920 and L.G.s development department, who's reputation, quite frankly, is lower than a snakes belly button, at this time.

XDA is very influential, in Android circles, you can bet your bottom dollar that L.G. are aware of this thread.

I Agree but the problem is lg the don't communicate nomally when you hear a compay like HTC has announced updates its never like HTC UK,HTC China etc like with LG you don't know whos telling the truth its like LG has a company ina company LG Korea LG Indonessia LG Germany this says that etc they needs to be a central LG which id assume is LG Korea with lg being Korean and all however as seen via there twitter if you don't speak korean they don't speak to you.

Bottom line is we don't know whats happening with the updates the tell us Jak **** diddly squat F*All so we left with gueses its really not that difficult LG Post a statement note or something saying whats going No News in LG`s Case is bad news.

Diplomacy may well produce results. Teach it to lg

schubeir

Apr 30, 2011
Mumbai
Diplomacy may well produce results. Teach it to lg

you are right defcomg! LG guys must be sadists, enjoying the increasing frustration levels of LGO3D users! else, they would have come out with some sensible outputs!

anyway, ICS is so long delayed, only O3D users find it exciting! the rest of the world is finding discussions of JB exciting. O3D is a good phone, there is no doubt about that. just that the softwares skewed it up, the greatest source of irritation being LG themselves. life's good seems nice to hear, but life's far from good for us O3D fans.

schubeir

Tactics119

Nov 21, 2011
Heres the prob with that reply is it all the phone o3d black 2x that have "many problems", if so then lg should fire the entire dev team because similar devices have ics if not jb if its just the one device which one release the others stop holding up the updates. Im guesing the "Many Problems" as they say is being caused by there LG UI 3.0 if thats the case give pure ASOP because chances are nobody gonna keep it stock anyways could that be the reason for locked bootloader who knows.

I Agree but the problem is lg the don't communicate nomally when you hear a compay like HTC has announced updates its never like HTC UK,HTC China etc like with LG you don't know whos telling the truth its like LG has a company ina company LG Korea LG Indonessia LG Germany this says that etc they needs to be a central LG which id assume is LG Korea with lg being Korean and all however as seen via there twitter if you don't speak korean they don't speak to you.

Bottom line is we don't know whats happening with the updates the tell us Jak **** diddly squat F*All so we left with gueses its really not that difficult LG Post a statement note or something saying whats going No News in LG`s Case is bad news.

That was the intention of my post. We are in no position to dictate, only to ask. These are the facts of the matter. I want results, ICS for our phone, the P920.

Last edited:

Fusel Wusel

Jul 18, 2007
I think currently one major problem of LG will be that they are releasing every fu**ing phone with a different CPU... (P990: Nvidia Tegra 2, P920: TI OMAP4, Black: TI OMAP3, 4X: Nvidia Tegra 3, G: Snapdragon-S4)
Should be nice having to start a completely new development for every phone...
I would imaginge that sticking to one CPU vendor would make things easier.

skilovan

May 8, 2012
Lg lost a lot of money in smartphone department, so they do not want to waste time with resolving bugs in older devices because that wont bring money to the company back.Simple as that.:mad:

Reactions: zogu

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
Lg lost a lot of money in smartphone department, so they do not want to waste time with resolving bugs in older devices because that wont bring money to the company back.Simple as that.:mad:

You are probably correct but that's very short sighted of them. How many people here will be upgrading to a Samsung for their next phone? All of us if we don't get ICS in September.

Reactions: Farhad4500

BigBadSheep

Mar 9, 2012
Turin
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

As someone stated a few posts ago...I have not bought this phone waiting for upgrades...Honestly a few months earlier I didn't had a clue on how Google is naming up its releases of Android. I bought it because I'm a 3D fan and I was a LG fan. But with this game of "we're releasing...NOT!" that LG plays with us they lost me. And, as the best advertising is the customer, they lost a few more customers that I could be bringing and not only on the smartphone side but in all other stuff. Why? Not backing up their products and totally ignoring the fools that bought their products!
Petition not nice? OK. But isn't nice also buying two phones P920, advising someone else to buy it too, making the figure of stupid when you find out that the phone can't stand up to the pace - new demanding applications, FullHD 2D recording not well, battery that "sucks" and other. I, for myself, was aware of it thanks to this forum but maybe some others that didn't stop here to read pros and cons on the phone, surely do feel like betrayed.
Petition is the only way, even more a class action.
So...are we gonna do it or are we gonna keep going on our whinings and do nothing about it?
We could tell LG that is for their well and profit to collaborate with their customers, to open up to the devs here (thank you guys, without you this phone surely would be worse). Honestly to hear that a company collaborates with the independent developers gives me pleasure and trust in that company cause I know that I'll have little to none problems with a product and when I will get in trouble I know that, if the company's support is lacking, there will be the devs, these wonder boys and gals. Am I wrong?
And yes I would glady pay a higher price for an opened product and I would gladly pay a developer..
But it seems that Light's Gone from LG headquartes and no one sees no problem.
So...any proposal? I mean on what we would like to ask:
- release Real3D as opensource
- release beta versions to developers (even with some sort of accreditation) in order for them to detect any flaws prior to releasing to the masses
- make a real schedule and definitive list of which phones and till which version will get upgrades - and respect it
- I would like to ask manufacturing a new, more powerful battery - even if in some way is not yet possible
You?! what you would like to have - and I mean things really important?

skilovan

May 8, 2012
You are probably correct but that's very short sighted of them. How many people here will be upgrading to a Samsung for their next phone? All of us if we don't get ICS in September.

A lot of ppl i gues.:(
We will see the end of LG soon, if they don't wake up!

lazylu

Nov 17, 2010
Who remember when someone on here was about to Sue LG because of gb

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: akwhite23

cyberguru

Jan 27, 2009
Yorkshire
I really think, in fact I can say without a doubt, that LG will not release a beta of the ICS ROM to the public because it could do more to damage their reputation than this will it/wont it get ICS game they are playing.
If they released a beta there are several outcomes:
  1. Devs may be happy because they have a ROM to work with.
  2. Guys in this thread may be happy because of point 1
  3. Some global news/tech site will get hold of the ROM and see it's got bugs and trash it damaging LGs rep
  4. Some people wont get that it's a beta, flash it, and then start thousands of threads moaning about it
  5. Worse case, hundreds of phones get bricked/returned to LG cos the firmware is unstable

Even the best ROM Developers on this site cant make a decent ROM out of bugged drivers/kernel or whatever. As we've seen in the past, they can only tweak what is there or remove it and porting from other ROMs is limited to the home screen launchers and other apps. The underlying drivers for the radio/screen/3D etc have to be flawless so that mods can be made effectively.

I think even the "leaks" or ROMs are partly managed by LG because they cannot have a ROM leaked that either doesnt work at all or damages the phone/makes it unusable.

Its a damn shame though. LG really should have pushed this phone, made it into the media device for home entertainment that we all know it can be. But instead it turned out to be a fad... and we all know how well they work out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO :D :D :D :D

2012_10_26_02_17_55.jpg
    Ok guys its official now..
    I booted ICS check back in 15 minutes ill post the video.
    Getting closer day by day..

I managed to get decompression and after reboot it doesnt bootloop..(and it gets recognised by windows.. ) :good:
    Thats all im gonna say for now.. ;)

No promises so dont get over excited.. and don't ask about how i did it.
    All i can say is that i believe we ae close enough but then again who knows. :/
    ICSXBSALL.jpg

WE ARE BACK