SladeNoctis

May 29, 2010
New York
Element-Case-Android-Galaxy-Aluminum-Corner.jpg
Element-Case-Android-Galaxy-Carbon-Fiber-Logo.jpg

http://blog.elementcase.com/2012/08/16/element-case-will-surround-the-galaxy/

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Damn never heard of them before but those iphone cases are sleek as hell. Will definitely consider getting one for s3 even though I just bought my Spg neo hybrid

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

TKG26

Aug 29, 2008
Carbon fiber is not cheap. I race rc cars and they like to get a good amount extra for parts done in carbon.. 100$ is steep maybe in the 50-70$ range would be easier to swallow

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

firetruck41

May 15, 2011
Portland, OR
Very nice, but too expensive for my taste. The carbon fiber just appears to be an insert, so it doesn't add much to the case structurally, just aesthetics. It is a beautiful case though!

pnyc

Jul 16, 2007
There probably will be a cheap "replica" coming out of china soon after the original is released. Just like it happened with the iPhone version.

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Wow. Gorgeous.

I bought Otterbox.

Week later Entended battery (makes Otter case worthless)

Now, I think I would get this.

I'm so backwards.

Sent from my billion dollar GalaxiPhone S3.

Reactions: howdyace

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
As much as I'm telling myself I'd never buy a case that expensive... I keep finding myself looking at that website....

We will see....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

htcsnap93

Nov 14, 2010
But the normal cases with carbon start at 20$. And the prices you mention are nickel plated etc. I dont see nickel in the renders Sorry please be relevant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ddurandSGS3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Element Cases,
    I apologize if I hurt your feelings and wasn't more grateful for you to produce a case for our phones. It is MY money after all that will be spent on the case but who am I? Just the consumer is all. I was, however, under the impression that we would be getting a high end case like the ones you sell for the iPhone. So when you released a TPU case I was very disappointed. I hope my comments, opinions and concerns are not so powerful to discourage you and your company from continuing to produce high end cases for the Galaxy S3 and other future android products.

I understand iPhone is insanely popular, heck my wife has one, and so producing quality products for them just makes sense. Making producst for Android phones can be risky as people tend to trade in every year and they constantly change. I hope you can still produce high end cases for the high end phones though. I was really looking forward to that case in the picture on your blog. Good luck with the company!

Hurt?! Heck no... Have you seen the complaining from the iPhans!? This is a downright constructive conversation and criticism is healthy. Not sure if it was here or on Facebook, but I've mentioned that we were trying to come out with two cases at the same time - kind of like a high end/low end option, more like frills/less frills. Unfortunately, we had to make some tooling changes and they can take some time. So, we release the Atom first. The Atom is not the case that you saw in the teaser shots. It's still coming, hopefully before Xmas, but it will be close...
    Sorry we've been absent from discussion here - we normally don't post on the forums since it's not allowed at most places. I'm going to keep this just to answering product questions - no customer support or selling.

A few XDA members have popped up on our Facebook page and we want to try to answer your questions for you. I personally was an iPhone user and switched when I got an S3. I played with a phone during a product development meeting and fell in love with it. When I learned that we were considering making a case for it, that was icing on the cake that sealed the deal.

I'm running a pre-production sample on my S3 right now - it's not vaporware. We actually have several designs that we're working on concurrently and I don't think that this one is going to come out first. We're still looking at about 2 weeks out and pricing (please don't hold me to it) should be <$75 AFAIK. Element Case is still a somewhat small business that has managed to produce (IMHO) niche market high quality cases that have had a significant impact on the industry. I know development seems to have taken a while, but we're working on this project and others as quickly as we can.

Here are a couple of pics I just snapped of my case on my phone. Note - I dropped my phone before I was able to get a case for it and there is a small crack in the lower left hand corner as well as a scuff on the aluminum ring on the top left. I'm super bummed about that. I freaked out the other day when I dropped it again while I was ordering lunch at a deli - it bounced on the corners and landed flat on its back with no problems!
    100 for a case!?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Wow you people are absolutely ridiculous . Whether you like the case or not, the more companies producing cases for our phone the better. You don't like it? Keep your mouth shut and don't buy it. You really think after reading the filth in this thread they will have any desire at all to bring us that sweet aluminum case that we all want? I wouldn't if I was them. Ungrateful people.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2