[Q] Slim extended battery?

Search This thread

xPIZZLEx

Sep 1, 2010
SL,UT
Hey everybody,

I've tried looking to see if there was a thread about these two batteries before posting but came up with no results. I'm running a stock SGSII (4.0.4) with an Otterbox Defender (downhill skateboarding/military protection). Phone usage includes emails, texting, FB and games.

I'm looking for an extended battery after going through TWO Samsung OEM batteries within 11 months. Both the batteries got the bulge of death. Sprint store techs have run multiple diagnostics and replaced parts but have no idea why this is happening and won't replace my phone.

I came across a 'Galilio' 2500mAh battery as well as a 'Sporting Persistence' 2520 mAh battery while searching around on eBay. I'm staying away from the Andida 2300mAh after reading several stories about how the contacts were misaligned and the battery wasn't really 2300mAh.

I don't want to go with a big, bulky case due to my requirements for protection. I've read about the Mugen 1950mAh batteries being pretty decent, but they're a bit more than I want to spend.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone tried either of these?

Thanks!

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
I got a 2100mah battery that was really just a fake. It does work fine as a spare and it was cheap but its worse life than stock. I suspect those 2500mah you found are fakes too. I tried the andida which had better life than stock but the contact misalignment caused random reboots after a while.

My suggestion is to just buy an external charger and multiple batteries. I just pop an extra battery in my pocket and go about my day then if I burn thru two batteries in one day I still have the third at home.

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Anything on the mugen battery? I want to keep my protective Trident case on my phone instead of putting on the cheap back and 3200mah siedo battery where I can't protect my phone... and wish to have increased battery life and I keep having the problem where when I reboot I go from 69% to 19%..... I haven't checked for battery bulge yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

joeiipuff

Sep 18, 2012
Beware of Lithium battery scams, ONLY BUY MUGEN!!!

Hey everybody,

I've tried looking to see if there was a thread about these two batteries before posting but came up with no results. I'm running a stock SGSII (4.0.4) with an Otterbox Defender (downhill skateboarding/military protection). Phone usage includes emails, texting, FB and games.

I'm looking for an extended battery after going through TWO Samsung OEM batteries within 11 months. Both the batteries got the bulge of death. Sprint store techs have run multiple diagnostics and replaced parts but have no idea why this is happening and won't replace my phone.

I came across a 'Galilio' 2500mAh battery as well as a 'Sporting Persistence' 2520 mAh battery while searching around on eBay. I'm staying away from the Andida 2300mAh after reading several stories about how the contacts were misaligned and the battery wasn't really 2300mAh.

I don't want to go with a big, bulky case due to my requirements for protection. I've read about the Mugen 1950mAh batteries being pretty decent, but they're a bit more than I want to spend.

Thanks!

In my search for extended slim batteries I learned many lessons. I kept buying them from eBay until I got to the bottom of the conspiracy.
The batteries I purchased were for my Galaxy S2 and my Galaxy S3.
Lesson #1: If the battery price is too good to be true, it probably is. Case in point, I purchased several great deals on 'Samsung' brand OEM replacement batteries, all were under $10 bucks and all were counterfeits. All lasted only 2/3s of the time compared to the old and well used battery I was trying to replace. Some of these fakes didn't even have the chip inside that communicated with my phone, so as soon as you plugged in the wall charger the phone would immediately cut off, which is bad for your operating system. If the battery doesn't communicate with your phone properly, it's a fake. I went one step further and weighed the stock battery against the replacement battery and the replacement was far lighter, further proving it was a fake.
Lesson #2: High capacity fakes. I decided to try my luck at after market name brand and generic batteries that claimed longer battery life (a higher milliamp hours [mAh] or higher capacity). I ordered them one at a time, each time one came I would weigh it, it would ALWAYS be lighter than the stock battery (the only exception is Mugen). That was my first clue at fraud. Some of these brands communicated perfectly with my phone and charged OK but they were still lighter, telling me they had less lithium and less capacity. I tested each several times (because it takes a few charges to break in a new battery) but they were the same as the others, all would last only 2/3s the time of the worn out stock battery I was trying to replace. In all cases I would return the battery and try a different brand. In the end buying Mugen brand for $40-$45 a battery is the only way to get a quality replacement battery that lasts a long time but fits like the stock battery.

Mugen batteries are the only brand I can find that actually weigh more than stock OEM batteries. Mugen batteries last a long time, just like they claim. Now I only buy Mugen. Save up your money, it is worth the extra cash for the longer life. Would you want to carry replacement batteries around with you and swap them out twice a day or just use one Mugen? I charge my phone once at night and then use it all day long. Even on days with heavy use I still put it on the charger with a charge left.

I've tried most of the names you mentioned and many more. Maybe there are other illegitimate companies other than Mugen, but I wouldn't know, and I've looked. For anyone wanting to continue my search, the key is to research the name brand and see if they have a website that looks illegitimate. Do they sell batteries for other model phones and devices? Do they sell their own brand of battery charger? If not they are fly by night and are selling you a low capacity battery with a short life but have slapped a label on that claims a higher capacity. If you order one WEIGH IT and compare the weight to your OEM battery that came with the phone.

portedbikes

Jun 12, 2011
Batteries

In my search for extended slim batteries I learned many lessons. I kept buying them from eBay until I got to the bottom of the conspiracy.
Lesson #1: If the battery price is too good to be true, it probably is. Case in point, I purchased several great deals on 'Samsung' brand OEM replacement batteries, all were under $10 bucks and all were counterfeits. All lasted only 2/3s of the time compared to the old and well used battery I was trying to replace. Some of these fakes didn't even have the chip inside that communicated with my phone, so as soon as you plugged in the wall charger the phone would immediately cut off, which is bad for your operating system. If the battery doesn't communicate with your phone properly, it's a fake. I went one step further and weighed the stock battery against the replacement battery and the replacement was far lighter, further proving it was a fake.
Lesson #2: High capacity fakes. I decided to try my luck at after market name brand and generic batteries that claimed longer battery life (a higher milliamp hours [mAh] or higher capacity). I ordered them one at a time, each time one came I would weigh it, it would ALWAYS be lighter than the stock battery (the only exception is Mugen). That was my first clue at fraud. Some of these brands communicated perfectly with my phone and charged OK but they were still lighter, telling me they had less lithium and less capacity. I tested each several times (because it takes a few charges to break in a new battery) but they were the same as the others, all would last only 2/3s the time of the worn out stock battery I was trying to replace. In all cases I would return the battery and try a different brand. In the end buying Mugen brand for $40-$45 a battery is the only way to get a quality replacement battery that lasts a long time but fits like the stock battery.

Mugen batteries are the only brand I can find that actually weigh more than stock OEM batteries. Mugen batteries last a long time, just like they claim. Now I only buy Mugen. Save up your money, it is worth the extra cash for the longer life. Would you want to carry replacement batteries around with you and swap them out twice a day or just use one Mugen? I charge my phone once at night and then use it all day long. Even on days with heavy use I still put it on the charger with a charge left.

I've tried most of the names you mentioned and many more. Maybe there are other illegitimate companies other than Mugen, but I wouldn't know, and I've looked. For anyone wanting to continue my search, the key is to research the name brand and see if they have a website that looks illegitimate. Do they sell batteries for other model phones and devices? Do they sell their own brand of battery charger? If not they are fly by night and are selling you a low capacity battery with a short life but have slapped a label on that claims a higher capacity. If you order one WEIGH IT and compare the weight to your OEM battery that came with the phone.

Have you ever tried the Anker brand? I have also read that those are legit. But I will like to hear that from someone that actually runs serious tests on them. Thank you

aman1127

Jun 24, 2008
NYC
I've had the anker battery for over a week now. With my normal use I get about 20% more life than my stock non bloated battery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rancur3p1c

astolenheart

Aug 14, 2010
I have the andida and it seems to last about 2 hrs more then the stock one but ever once in awhile when it over heats the phone resets and you lose about 20% battery

Send from a mircowave

rancur3p1c

Jan 2, 2011
Atlanta
Chichitech is legit, 20$ and got a higher capacity, heavier battery for my HTC Evo 3d. I will buy from them again.

Edit not happy with my chi chi tech batteries for sgs2. Loved it for HTC evo v 4g but it seems to be decidedly higher quality than these ones for the sgs2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beware of Lithium battery scams, ONLY BUY MUGEN!!!

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

I've had the anker battery for over a week now. With my normal use I get about 20% more life than my stock non bloated battery

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2